The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

306 posts Page 16 of 21
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21 Next
Re: Starting the 30 Day Shred
09 Aug 2013, 09:02
Shredded again this morning, plus a two mile run when it finally stopped peeing down outside :D

I actually enjoy this workout, you get a good sweat going and really feel the burn! I still LOATHE those side lunges with arm raises though - too much burn there!

Little edit from my last post - I have decided to shred every day instead of alternating. Honestly I give women a bad name by constanty changing my mind! :grin: After my fitness freak friend watched the shred himself he said apparently it is actually safe to do every day because the weights aren't that heavy and twenty minutes strength and cardio won't kill anyone. Torn between relieved the results will be quicker and filled with dread at the pain! :lol:
10 Aug 2013, 11:30
Good to hear, vix89! You're doing really well :)

I'm going to rev myself up to do the shred again today, I had a rest day yesterday as I've been working hard and was so tired. Got a couple of hours before I'm back to work so it's chill, shred, shower, eat and go!

Also I'm fasting today :) Finally feel like I'm making a little progress, reaaally hoping the scales go down tomorrow and hopefully my waistline will too!
11 Aug 2013, 20:37
Five shreds down - halfway through level one! Just trying to rev myself up to do it this morning (shred number six).
It is getting a little easier now. Although I still can't do push-ups, have to do the girly ones. And those side lunges with the arm raises are still horrid and make me want to cry. I find my stamina and fitness has improved, although quitting smoking five weeks ago is probably helping a lot too.
Starting to get a wee bit tired of the same routine everyday, but only five more to go then up to level two - eek!
12 Aug 2013, 01:01
This 30 day Shred business is an interesting one because I feel "The Burn" as she calls it in her clip and I keep going back for more.... isn't that strange if we all do it? :confused:

I have now committed myself to to continue with the Level 1 for a few more days than the recommended 10 so that I can manage the new weights properly in her sets.

I confess that I ask myself why I did not stick with the 1 lb tomato tins :?:

I hate to be a spoil sport, and I know that our motto has to be measuring ourselves only against our own abilities but Jillian does insist that in order for this program to work we must do it consecutively and on every single day, in other words no rest days. Please ignore this paragraph if you find it not useful to your plan and ability.

BethP: you have been sensible with the lighter set of weights .... :cry: ... but on a more serious note I am hoping that I will get there eventually with the 2KG sets :wink: who knows I may even have a tale to tell when I get there :bugeyes:
12 Aug 2013, 09:13
I have to say how fab this video is. I have not had a great 5.2 journey. I think that I am not suited to freedom. However if I hadnt started eating 5.2 I would never have got the shred video. It is amazing how muscular I am. Above all my legs!!! I have not done it more than 3 times a week and I have only ever done number one, yet still I can see the difference. Being overweight is so much less upsetting when I look down and see my lovely defined legs. So thanks guys and I would recommend everyone giving it a go!!!
12 Aug 2013, 13:09
"....And you are well on your way to get shredded" :curse: :wink:
12 Aug 2013, 19:48
OK. That's it.

You lot are making me feel very lazy. Time I got off my bum and start this 30D thing.

First session booked in for tomorrow morning. DVD is ready and waiting.

I will report back and let you know how I get on (where I hurt most).

:cry:
Lesley
13 Aug 2013, 01:21
Rest day today :D Been trying to push myself a little further in the workouts and can really feel the burn in my legs in the squat/arm punches - ooh! And those side lunges/arm raises are as awful as ever, but I get a great feeling of satisfaction once they are done.

On level one until Saturday then moving on to level two, should I be scared? I have a long haul flight on Sunday night back to England so I will maybe try and do a run or something as Monday will be my rest day next week - arrive at Heathrow at 4pm after 25 hours of travelling and don't think I will want to shred after that haha. Then start afresh with level two next Tuesday :D
Good luck Lesley, please let us know how you get on!
13 Aug 2013, 09:29
Well... I did it. Day one, level one. Yes.. :grin:

I found it wasn't too bad. I don't have any weights and thought it best to concentrate on getting the moves correct so completed it without anything, but still put effort in. Tomorrow I will use a couple of tins of beans as weights.

My only problem was that I looked very un-lady-like doing it. I was glad I was on my own. At what stage do you start to look dainty and not like an elephant?

I can certainly tell that I have done it and feel a little wobbly in parts. I have had a good soak in the bath and will take advice to keep moving to help prevent stiffness tomorrow. Although I know I will still feel it!!! I will let you know when the funny walk sets in.

Good luck all.

Lesley. :smile:
14 Aug 2013, 07:53
Yes, I can feel the muscles I worked yesterday but i'm not too stiff(at the moment).

Just completed day 2. I don't feel as wobbly today and hope that is a good sign. Today I added the tins of beanz!

I just hope I feel like this tomorrow and the funny walk doesn't kick in like others have reported!?!

Lesley
14 Aug 2013, 08:06
Hello all!

I thought i'd join in, i'm on Level 1 day 4 today! The day I have to push past according to you all :)

I've done the shred once before but only made about 15 days before I gave up! Hoping to make it all the way this time, I remember I really didnt like level 2, but i'm a bit stronger now so fingers crossed it'll be a bit easier!

I'm also doing a lot of walking and stil doing 5:2 so hoping this will help tone me, I know when I start exercise my weight stalls for ages, but i'm off on holiday in 6 weeks and would rather be heavier and less flabby than a few lbs down and still fat (if that makes sense)

I've lost 15 lbs so far and lots of inches since January, so hopefully more of the same!

Hope you're all getting on well :)

Suz
14 Aug 2013, 09:39
Well done everyone!
Just as fabulous is to see new support here so welcome to everyone new in our gang, and I am so glad to know we are doing this for ourselves and together.

I am on my last few days of my extended Level 1. It is now that it's getting a bit easier.

Unlike many who reported difficulty walking after these I am OK with my legs and I think I can attribute that to the fact that I also do long walks a few times a week so that has helped. My main issue has been strengthening my lower back muscles to support my abs.

I am just whispering this here quietly that I am sensing abs muscles getting shaped. This makes me feel very pleased with myself. It is no 6 packs in fact far from it but still I sense it forming! :wink:

Planning a 2 hours walk for Midday and meeting with my instructor Jillian to shred later at about 4 p.m.

Keep up the good efforts everyone!
15 Aug 2013, 06:50
How's everyone getting on? It's Level 1 day 5 for me today and i'm totally exhausted, workout seems to be fine but in the morning's I feel like a zombie! Bit worried I'm pushing it too hard but shall try and keep going :)
15 Aug 2013, 19:34
Day 3 for me. Although a little stiff in the legs and arms, I did manage it ok this morning.

Although I feel I am working the abs, I don't feel any stiffness there.
Am I missing something? I am really trying!

My aim in doing this is to tone the wobbly bits rather than gain muscle. I do hope the 30DS will do that!

Lesley
16 Aug 2013, 00:32
Shred number nine today, will do it later, had a bit of a late night. Muscles in my bottom and legs hurting a little as I did a 100 rep squat workout after the shred - ouchies!

Getting a little tired of level one now, need a bit of variety! Anyone else doing extra exercise too? I either walk for a few miles briskly or run as well as the shreds. Keep up the good work everyone! :)
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21 Next
306 posts Page 16 of 21