The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 14 of 33
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 33 Next
Hi @nursebean, no, not particularly lonely, but it's nice when other people pop in! I can always think of Merlin walking her dogs in the rain. If I had a Fitbit I could post in their thread, but I don't and I don't plan on getting one. Somehow Omron Pedometer thread would not be the same. Hope to see you here again. :heart:
Hi @nursebean, no, not particularly lonely, but it's nice when other people pop in! I can always think of Merlin walking her dogs in the rain. If I had a Fitbit I could post in their thread, but I don't and I don't plan on getting one. Somehow Omron Pedometer thread would not be the same. Hope to see you here again. :heart:

5 mile jog. Still, dry, mild
Just an extended Village Round in the gap between the overnight downpour and the afternoon sleet showers. Still short on steps so there will be some pacing up and down the drive.
i plan to jog this morning :)
I did some weight lifting yesterday. My first exercise in ages, other than lots and lots of walking. Today I hope to swim, but if not today, tomorrow!
2 circuits of the Village Round. and one Village 8 - a version of the Village Round that uses a connecting footpath to make a figure of 8. Two of those plus the housework will do me on days I don't feel like venturing far from home. One direction in the morning, the other way in the afternoon.
I walk 2-3 miles most days around a 40 acre cemetery near to where I live. It's a very tranquil and peaceful place (not easy to find in London!). Lots of wildlife and the 'friends' of the cemetery have constructed an apiary so there is a little honey produced there too. Wonderful! Have been using the 'Map My Walk' app since December. The miles soon add up. Today I walked 3.63 miles in 1 hour and 4 minutes and burnt 299 calories apparently. :)
The only thing that might qualify is one Village Round, and I nearly fell asleep doing that! Otherwise I clocked up steps shopping and wandering around Hexham Parks.
9 mile walk Shap, Bampton and Rosgill. Walked down to Bampton to see the start of the Haweswater Half Marathon. Wet and windy, not as bad down there as in Shap of course.
Very windy out there today! Managed to walk 2.84 miles in about 48 minutes. Got my monthly workout summary for February from Map My Walk yesterday:
workout.png
workout.png (15.45 KiB) Viewed 229 times
5.8 mile walk, doing a recce of my Carlisle Circular. Hit lots of problems on this stretch with roads being private and parts of industrial estates being closed off behind Checkpoints. So although I have a clearer idea of the route (not the way I went :lol: ), I have no idea how far or how long the definitive way is, so I will have to do it again.
I went for a run, just a mile, but better than nothing. Then we had a 6.5 mile walk.
It's very bracing out there today.
@barbarita sorry if you already know about this but I find the path measure on Google Earth a great planning tool. I'll post better details if you would find them helpful.
Life is getting in the way at the moment but well done to everyone else!
3 circuits of the Village Round.
5.6 mile walk.
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 14 of 33