The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

2209 posts Page 63 of 148
Previous 1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 148 Next
Re: Bean & Oates - Mad Eaters!
06 Aug 2014, 11:44
I am trying to be good with the sweet treats. I haven't eaten marshmallows for ages (not since you and Candy explained how they are made :( )

Do you think the secret is to eat loads of boiled eggs? Become a Cool Hand Luke?

:confused:
06 Aug 2014, 12:54
image.jpg
Speck the new chicken
No bean don't eat loads of boiled eggs. But they are filling. Make an omelet put a red onion and some ham in. That's very nice.
Here's one of our newbies.
06 Aug 2014, 14:40
Awwww!!! She's a beauty! And she's got loads of lush grass to kick around. What a lucky hen!

How many do you have now?
06 Aug 2014, 14:51
We have two newbies. Specks and rusty (hatched at my school at Easter) Plus the old dear choccy who's three yrs. she looks smaller than the others as she's elderly. Bless her if she lasts the winter I will be surprised.
06 Aug 2014, 14:53
Oh no! I didn't realise chickens only live to 3 or 4. That's a short life isn't it.

I must admit I do love chickens. They are such little characters!
07 Aug 2014, 07:29
Good news- two good basic 5.2 fasts and three exercise classes and I'm back to 12.9. Which is my pre- holiday weight.
Now I'm aiming to get down to my fall challenge. 11.11. It's going to be a mountain to climb as my all time low was 12.6. But that was low carbing, so we will see if my body can remember how to get there.

Bad news - new hens aren't settling, think I should have gone for wee ones so that I can train them how to not fly up into the tree and maybe escape the garden. Luckily my friend will take them back. Plus the other one is being badly bullied by the others. :frown: . Will make a decision by lunchtime. As I'm not getting ripped to shreds by a prickly bush agin tonight. It was like the film chicken run last night. The great escape and owners getting hurt. :cry:

So bean and candy how was your day yesterday? Did you manage an eating window?
Wow I love the way my stomach feels the day after a fast.
07 Aug 2014, 07:35
Oh no! Sorry to hear about the chook problem. Sounds as though you'd better give them back to your friend (as long as she's not going to do anything horrible to them) so that your current one doesn't get bullied.

Well done on the weight loss, though. Thats brilliant! You are well and truly back on track aren't you xx

As for me, I'm starting my window today, so all I 've had is a cup of tea (which was disappointing actually and surprisingly) and then Monday I shall do my first fast in ages. Actually looking forward to it. I've got my sisquee coming over in September so I don't want to look too huge next to her small frame ;) Can't wait to see her. Its been over a year!

Anyway, I'll be back later. I've just got to go and walk the girls. Such a lovely morning isn't it.

Bye for now

Bean xxxx
07 Aug 2014, 16:20
I know Carie,think its one of the best feelings ever the day after fast
Tum feels so rested
Had berries n greek yog at three,so deffo managed a 17:7..undecided on dindins as yet x
Might eat out ..plenty cals to play with but won't go crazeeeee! :lol:
Specks is lovely! X
07 Aug 2014, 17:39
Wow. Not that I want to be in an accident but prince William is coming here to work in cambridge. Haven't bumped into him in the town yet either.

Right I've had to return the two new chooks. It's a long story but me it wasn't happening. They've come from a large flock and didn't settle in my little back yard.

I popped into sainsburys and got this natty little shorts and sleeveless top. Getting ready for my holiday next Easter in Florida. £14 linen shirts, £14 top bargain.
I keep saying that I won't buy anymore new clothes but I can't help it.

Fast tomorrow, and I've been a bit low carb today, but there's red wine to be drunk and I'm gonna drink it. Been a good week so far fasting wise.

image.jpg
07 Aug 2014, 18:21
Nice outfit! Sorry about the little 'girls' :-(

Are you doing 4:3 at the moment?
07 Aug 2014, 20:03
Grab the bargainsCarie and enjoy looking so nice and trim :like: !
As my friend' s mum wd say," you couldn't be vexed" at those prices! X
07 Aug 2014, 21:04
Yes 4.3 this week. Had a large red, and some bread today. :bugeyes:
Can't wait till tomorrow. Was thinking earlier how I wasn't hungry til lunchtime today due to fast yesterday. Maybe back to back would be doable, never attempted it as I do like to spread my fasts.
Candy did you manage a short eating window?
08 Aug 2014, 11:05
Ooh weight up a wee bit this morning, 12.10.
Fast day today (3of3)I've been to class (4of5)and had an oxo. Currently making veg by stealth soup for daughter.
Hope all is well with you bean and candy too. Looking forward to week next week as traveling on Friday to my mums for a long weekend. Will try and do 4.3 so can fast during the drive Oop north.
08 Aug 2014, 18:24
Carie,have managed 17:7 and 16:8 x!
09 Aug 2014, 07:19
Good on you candy.

I went a but wild last night. Took daughter out to have passport pic done in booth at supermarket. The underground car park was flooded (pic attached) and a Belgian bun with fresh cream jumped into my basket. The some apricot brandy slipped into my glass. But unfortunately those pesky spicy peanuts also managed to sneak into my mouth.

So an eating window was had, not the back to basics 5.2 one emailed I was expecting. Off to my last class of the week in a while, I will weigh in afterwards and hopefully if not too much damage may post in the spring into fall challenge tent.
Previous 1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 148 Next
2209 posts Page 63 of 148