The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 31 of 61
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 61 Next
Just going to get started @clairemarieAm now thinking I might have some s*******e noodles instead of the courgettte pasta! I am going to use an aubergine/eggplant as the basis for the veg sauce so should be nice and filling. I am also going to whip up some coconut oil with a few drops of lavender and geranium oil to use as a moisturiser after my swimmimg sessions.
I was on HRT for 5 years. Stopped when I retired from my 'main' job 2 1/2 years ago so I suppose I've just delayed the whole thing. I take sage but not sure it makes any difference.
I think your losses since you started back have been fine when you average them out - it is just difficult getting through a 'stay the same' week - be patient it will go down again
For you@Lil :wink: I am beginning to think coconut oil is the new miracle cure! I seem to use it for everything these days. I use a few drops of olive oil in bath water and it does a very nice job as well...I tried the zucchini noodle idea and it wasn't for me. Tastes just like zucchini in tomato sauce to me not pasta. Oh my beloved pasta where art thou? Do you cook down your tomato paste before making your sauce? It does add a certain richness to the sauce.
No @clairemarieI cut up the aubergine , put in it a pan with chopped onion, celery, a box (tin) of chopped tomatoes, some garlic, a little chilli,dried herbs, some frozen peppers and a stock cube. Just cooked it all gently till it melded. I am going to add some chopped mushrooms later. Comes to 109 cals for a big portion. I've reverted to the courgette pasta - NOW you tell me it's no good!
Well many do say they like it @Lil. I think we all try to figure out what foods we can live without, what we can happily substitute and what we will never do without. For my taste, the only pasta replacement that is still pasta is made by barilla in a yellow box made with a combo of flour and chickpea flour. Somewhat of a carb savings but a nice fiber increase...I have a awesome idea. With all the gmo foodstuffs out there let's find a lab that will genetically alter wheat into a vegetable instead of a starchy grain. Oh we will be millionaires...just think of it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: all the way to the bank.
Well I've eaten now @clairemarieVery nice but I think I probably prfer the shiratake noodles.
There is some quite interesting stuff about resistant starch in the low carbers tent - about 2 pages from the end - not sure any use to your pasta cravings. Might help me with sleeping.
I'm off to catch up on coronation street.
Hope you're still going strong@clairemarieJust watched the final of the great British Sewing Bee - a knock out competition for amateur sewers. My favourite got knocked out last week but it's been quite compelling. Similar programme but for gardeners starts next week - always something new to keep me going during my fasting evenings! I hope you have weathered your mid afternoon slump. News followed by cocoa and bed for me
Sorry I missed you @Lil I've been on Coronation St. Just had dinner leftover chicken wings. Have no idea on cals. Also 2oz tuna with greens at lunch along with sm apple 3p. I would say I'm safe.

Hope you had a successful day. Talk to you later.
Hey @debsand @rebelsue2

How's it going?
Badly in a word! Nothing is happening and I am going nowhere fast despite trying everything I, and everyone can think of. Unlike you who are doing fabulously. Very impressed!
Clearly a complete rethink is required!
Debs wrote: Badly in a word! Nothing is happening and I am going nowhere fast despite trying everything I, and everyone can think of. Unlike you who are doing fabulously. Very impressed!
Clearly a complete rethink is required!

not good to hear though my weight loss is partly due to a topsy turvy world here i think. ask me again in a month's time.

ive relaxed my goals such that if i make it by Christmas to 69.0 Libra i shall be happy with the efforts.

Not sure what i can suggest for you Debs.. maybe you can have a good chat with the girls in Melbourne when you meet.
Auriga wrote: Hi @rawkaren I am back on-line after my break and decided to join the maintainers in their tent now, as at 56k I may just be where I am supposed to be....I have not given up trying to lose a little more though, as I may need the room to manoeuvre!
How are you doing Karen? :heart:

I'm having a bad week @auriga. I'm having some treatment for anxiety and I was warned it could get worse before it gets better. It got worse and I can't stop eating. I see her again on Saturday so hoping the next phase improves. In the meantime I'm just going with it. Also OH is not well and with him being so far away, it is not exactly helping. I have not fasted in over a week, but I have decided not to worry about it. I dont have scales but I think I'm gaining very rapidly.... :cry: So happy you are losing though :heart: :heart:
Hi @Madcatlady :heart:

Good news and bad news from me - good news is that I managed to do 30 mins of an exercise dvd yesterday evening which made me happy as I have been a couch potato for months now :victory: and the bad news is I had another STS this morning when I weighed myself :cry: - hoping that starting to exercise may help me shift those pesky lbs and tone up more too!

Hope you are having a good day :grin: (well done on your weight loss this week - you are doing fantastic! :like: :victory: ) - I feel I should fast again today but to be perfectly honest, after the disappointment on the scales (and the stress I'm under at work!), I really want to give it a miss today! :shock:

Catch up later :heart: :heart:
Well - I have no idea how this has happened but after my frustration last week at not losing I've lost a total of 5lb this week! And I'm not actually far off the next lb! Incredibly pleased because this put my target back at June next year, whereas after my gain it had gone to September. Just shows you just have to hang in there although I appreciate it is perhaps easier for me as I have a lot to lose still. This puts me at 2lb off my 2 stone loss - hope to achieve that next week. Hang in there @WestLondonChick - all good things come to those who wait!
:grin: :like: :grin: :like:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
@Madcatlady :heart: - that's fantastic!!! :like: :like: :like: 2lbs away from the 2 stone landmark - wow :victory: :victory: :victory: :heart:
Is my glass half empty or half full@Lil? No changes from last week. I do not have that thin feeling that one normally has after fasting and I have lost nothing in two weeks. I am surprised because you could not call this a plateau considering the large amount of weight left to lose and the fact that I haven't fasted for four months. At least I can positively say I didn't gain so I will stay on board. Hope your weigh in on Monday is successful.
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 31 of 61