The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 28 of 61
Previous 1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 61 Next
Never get as much done in the garden as I think I am going to @clairemarie 2 large herbaceous borders in the back garden now tidied up and ready to go. Still a lot to do in the front and in other smaller beds - it will be worth it!
I've just had dinner - very tasty. How are you doing? I think you're very brave to go for a complete fast - have you done it before?
@LilI bet you took two steps back to admire todays work in the garden. I have done total fast in past and it is mind over matter, WILLPOWER! I failed today and had my 500cals @2:45. Ah well still in the fasting category. I think the problem is that I am not busy. Not working is getting to me. I did switch over to almond milk this week. Nice calorie savings there. Watched Call the Midwives last night and just laughed out loud when Chummey looks in the mirror and see's her mother. I guess we all have that experience at one time or another.

I hope you had a successful fast and I am sure with the good weather almost here we will be getting more exercise to help with the cause. :wink:
@clairemarie 500 cals is not a failure. I have looked like my Mum for years, amazing how it happens.I'm off to catch up on some Coronation Street - I am always behind - I don't usually watch it live because you can bet your bottom dollar my husband will come in and start chatting or lighting the fire or emtying the bin the minute I do. If I watch on catch up I can pause during his interruptions!
Well I managed one episode @clairemarie only had to pause it 3 times!! I'm going to have my almond milk cocoa then early bed for a read. Keep strong and I'll see you on Wednesday
Good morning@Lil, sun is shining and it is good walking weather. Other than bumping up my activity I don't have a plan for today's fast. I had a really bad carb day yesterday and I am disappointed in myself. I know it wasn't a fast day but the sweets and sandwiches will linger on my body for awhile.

What's your plan for today?
Hi @clairemarieThe day is just flying by. Bad night's sleep again so didn't get up till gone 9. Spent quite a bit of time doing some research on the internet and I've done a bit of shopping. I am planning a pork stir fry tonight. I shall be having mine with (close your ears!) shiratake noodles.
@Lil well at least I won't be envious of your dinner tonight. Noticed your tea brand in the 'natural food' aisle at the grocery yesterday. Isn't that a funny thing...natural food...does that mean everything else in the store is unnatural?
@auriga. Not seen you around for a while. Hope you are ok. I'm back in the US and decided to make it a fast day. Lots of British food whilst I have been away, but oddly, feel slimmer. We will see when I get dressed and how my clothes fit :clover:
Hello @rawkaren....I am around, just very, very busy, because of our house sale.....lots of interest in the house and I have to keep it 'spick and span!' And it's being featured in a local magazine....all good stuff.

We've been doing all those tiny jobs we should have done before, touching up the paintwork, cutting the grass etc etc! manic Karen.

This should keep me thin anyway. No time to eat!!!! :wink:

I am glad you landed safely back in the US of A.....and I hope your clothes are fitting better after your stay back home?? :victory:

Well must get back to the painting and decorating and plumping up cushions...phew it's hectic. I shall write properly when I have got everything ready. Next instalment next week Karen. Hopefully we shall have sold the house by then, well maybe....... :clover:
Wow. Alot going on for you. Good luck @Auriga. As you say, its a good way to stay slim :bugeyes: :lol:
@clairemarie just having a black coffee. Not too long till food time for me now. I hope your day is going well after yesterday's 'fun'. I am going out to my women's group this evening and we are going to be talking about April Fool's day so I want to collect a few of yesterday's to take along. Out team won the pub quiz last night by the way.
@Lil wonderful news on your win. How long do you hold bragging rights? I had a 300cal lunch :oops: Chocolate raspberry protein smoothie with coconut oil. Should have saved coconut oil for another day but I am experimenting with myself. I am taking 1T daily to see how it effects my waist measurement. It is said that it targets abdominal fat and that is my main problem. So far I would say its working. Another added benefit that there is no need to moisturize as after awhile your skin becomes very soft. I can do soup for dinner.
It's a pretty low key quiz@clairemarieUsually only 5 or 6 teams but we're all fairly evenly matched. We have one member who can be quite annoying but has a lot of general knowledge and if she comes as she did last night we quite often win.
Your smoothie sounds nice. I am into coconut oil for the little bit of fat I do use in cooking. I make pastry with it 50/50 coconut oil and butter which works quite well. I use it directly on my skin as moisturiser as well. My daughter who suffers from eczema really rates it.
Well I'm off to bed now. Fingers crossed for you on Friday
Previous 1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 28 of 61