The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 46 of 61
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 61 Next
Envious of your talent @Lil. How have your trivia nights been going? I am going to start focusing more on what I am eating on the non fast days. I am not really a calorie counter but I might need some reinforcement.
I only count on fasting days @clairemarie
How's it going @clairemarieWe've had our dinner. Only up to 306 cals so far so room for a little snack later. My sewing is keeping my hands busy and out of trouble!
Having a decent fast today. I managed to pull a turkey cabbage soup out of the freezer for dinner. Truthfully, I am not very hungry today so if I can manage I will go until tomorrow am. Three coffee's with splash of milk and water is definitely under 100cals.

You are doing well at 360, any hungry horrors today?
Today has gone pretty well@clairemarie,Looks like you are back in the groove again. Time for bed on this side of the Atlantic. I had a mini milk at 30 cals and am just having a almond milky decaf. I admire you if you can go through without a meal , I am definitely ready for mine come evening. Enjoy the rest of your evening - See you Wednesday
How is Wednesday fastday going so far @Lil? I will not be fasting today due to my grandson's birthday and a certain chocolate cake that I made. I am not planning to go crazy but I'm not going to pass on it either. Raining like cats and dogs today. Wow I am dating myself with that phrase. Read a recent recipe for a zucchini pizza crust but have no idea on cal count. Also, a no carb bread recipe for the bread machine. I will let you know if they are worth the effort. Have a good day and I will check in.
Hi@clairemarie Enjoy your day with your grandson. Pity you couldn't make it to the beach. Today is going OK so far. I'm just back from aqua. I didn't sleep very well last night so I might have a little nap! Enjoy your chocolate cake but try to be aware when you are full. Your cakes always sound very nice! I'm planning lean gammon steak with roasted veg for tonight. When I've checked the calories I will probably add a green veg as well.
@Lil, I know you told me in the past but please remind me what gammon is. I do love to eat nice things. What is the sense to eating high fat/cal treats that are substandard commercial junk that end up making you feel overstuffed but lacking the satisfaction I am looking for. I would much rather have something delectable as an occasional treat. I have made a brown sugar vanilla ice cream to go with the cake. Nothing but the very best for my grandson! Made a delish tuna salad yesterday, tuna, chopped apple, pinch celery salt, dill, apple cider vinegar and mayo. So very flavorful! I shouldn't talk about food but flavorless food is unsatisfying so I end up eating more. It is a brain thing I guess.
@LilFYI, only ate one slice of cake with 2T scoop of ice cream and all leftovers went home with my grandson. What a good girl am I?
Hi @clairemarie sending home the leftovers was a jolly good thing to do well done. Are you going to have a meal this evening. Yout tuna salad sounds very nice and pretty healthy. Gammon is cured ham/bacon. We buy very lean ones - mine was 139 cals. I've spent the rest of the evening finishing altering those dresses - a bit trickier than I anticipated. I watched the second episode of The Club on catch up- it's action packed! Just going to put my bircher muesli in to soak for brekkie tomorrow. I grate and apple, add 1oz oats,some bran and some chia seeds. Also 2 soaked died figs chopped up. Top up with almond milk and soak overnight. In the morning I will add a few almonds,a little fat free yoghurt and some sweetener. It is my treat after my secong fast. It makes a very large bowlful. I ususally take a bit into work to have mid morning. Then I think I shall have some raspberries and a warm drink and off to bed. Have a good evening
So is that similar to rashers? Or more of a ham steak? I used to do overnight oatmeal the same way. Did you have a good yield of blueberries this year@Lil?
Hi @clairemarie Thought I'd just drop by to encourage you to keep away from the sweeties this weekend - seems to be your danger time! looks like your weather is pretty good so hopefully you can get outside.
As regards the gammon I think it is probably what you would call a ham steak. We tend to use ham for the cold sliced meat ot the whole joint as in cooking a ham. All a bit interchangeable really.
My blueberries have been so so. I have them in pots as my soil is not suitable and I probably don't feed them enough. Also this year the pidgeons seem to have noticed them for the first time but we have them netted now. Still quite a few to ripen. I did have bumper crops of red and white currants this year. The blackcurrrant bush got ill just after the blossom. I cut off all the diseased leaves and sprayed it with an antifungus spray and it is looking OK now but no fruit this year. We also have a mulbery tree which is a prolific fruiter. I picked about 3lbs yesterday and there are still loads more berries to ripen. I have set up 1 1/2 L of mulberry gin to steep. I may make some jam next time I 'harvest'
Enjoy your weekend and I will see you on Monday for weigh in :crossed:
Hi there @clairemarie Are you ready for another good fast? I have had a rather disappointing weigh in today. My Librs trend weight had been creeping down last week nearly to the lowest point I was at at the beginning of June but today I am nearly 1lb up!!! Really frustrating. We had some spare ribs last night and the sauce was really salty ( too much soy sauce I think) so hopefully it is a water isseui.
My daughter who lives in Berlin has arrived home today for the week . She has done 5:2 in the past so is happy to have my calories counted dinners. We may take her out for a meal on one of my normal days though.
I hope your weigh in went better than mine!
Hello @Lil I did a bit better than you today. Although, your just dealing with a little water retention. I am down 1.5lbs today. :cool: Nice to have some company for the week! Hope you all enjoy your time together. Won't you have to make the favorite meals that only Mom can cook? Feels like Fall today so I am hoping it will be a good incentive to start walking.
Last week I mentioned trying to go the full 36 hours but I did not make it :frown: . It is a goal to works towards. Have a lovely day and check in for encouragement.
At least one of us is going in the right direction@clairemarie!
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 46 of 61