The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 48 of 61
Previous 1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 61 Next
Mulberries look a bit like a blackberry . They are extremely juicy and sweet and have a slightly earthy flavour. Very yummy!
@Lil, nice harvest. What do mulberries taste like? For sure, we do not have them in my area. You are a better woman than I because I just drank a red cabbage and apple smoothie to tide me over til dinner. Cal count 100 because of the apple.
Just had my dinner@clairemarie and I was ready for it. When I looked it up it was 395 cals a portion so I left out the olive oil and substituted 75g each of leeks and broccoli so I had a nice big plateful. I am up to 407 cals already. I have been trying to stick to 400ish lately but I will cut myself a little slack today. Enjoy your dinner later - the dishes have some similarities. I'm off to goggle the box!
Hi there @clairemarie How's your day going so far? I put on 0.8lb this week but after last week's loss I am not too concerened - just keep going! This will be my last Monday weigh in for 3 weeks as next Monday we are off to Sicily for a week. We will be travelling down to London on Saturday and not back till the Tuesday. That means I am going to miss 3 fasts and I'll be in the land of pasta, pizza and gelato - eek! Today is going OK. Just been going through my wardrobe deciding what to take on holiday - is going to be quite warm I think but as we will be going into quite a few churches I don't want to be too exposed. I am going to make a lamb casserole tonight with aubergine ( eggplant) and tomatoes - flavours of moussaka. I thought I would just check the calories of raw lean lamb and have found it is 140 rather than 190 per 100g as I had written down so that is a pleasant surprise !
The weather is not too bad here today so I think I will have a potter round the garden for a while
Speak to you later I hope
Calling@clairemarie Are you there? I read somewhere on here that it was Labor day on Monday so I expect you may have been with your family. I hope you are back on track today :wink: I spent the morning altering some clothes I might want to take on holiday with me and I have also been to aqua. We are having some work done on the house tomorrow which has meant clearing the lounge and deconstructing some built in cupboards. To be fair hubby has dne most of it but I have set up a nice little nook for TV watching in the dining room :grin: Some damp walls are being replastered so hopefully they will dry out while we are away.
I am trying a new recipe tonight - white fish in a tahini and lemon sauce - I presume I must have got it off this forum somewhere . This will be my last fast before I am off to the land of pizza, pasta and gelato :shock: so I need to make it a good one
@Lil Bon Voyage ! I hope you have the time of your life. I have been absent due to a new job. I am walking to and from work and on my feet and moving for each 8 hour shift. I am in agony right now but I am sure my body will get used to it soon enough. I am sure I am in the muscle building phase right now because I am not losing as I would have expected. I have been working 7-3, I do not eat breakfast or lunch just a light dinner . Sure I am not getting enough cal so I would have thought I would have some fat loss by now. Time will tell. Hope you bring home some great recipes. I will check back with you next week. Arrivederci!
Hi Cuz ClaireMarie x soz about yr poor aching legs and feet x
Hope you see some loss for yr activity but it maybe as you said,youre muscle building right now,so you may have to look for inch loss and signs of toning rather than pounds loss
@lil hope your hol is / was fab..not sure if youre back yet x
Well I'm back @clairemarie We've had a great time. Really busy visiting numerous places of interest - lots of walking but also lots of sitting on a bus as Sicily is a very big island and we went all round it. I've had lots of lovely food including lots of veggies and salad but not much time for snacking. I've weighed myself this morning and I don't seem to have put on anything :lol: However I often find there is a bit of an upward adjustment in the week after a holiday. I'm fasting today and we shall see what Monday shows :crossed: I'm so glad to hear you have found a job although it sounds like hard work. Are you going to fast or just follow your 1 light meal a day pattern. I looked at your tracker and I see it is going downwards so something is going right. :like:
I am going to sort out the garden this morning then it's aqua this afternoon and i am planning a turkey stir fry with shitake noodles tonight. Wish me luck - 1st fast for a fortnight!
Thanks for your wishes @Candicemarie - yes I am back and we did have a good time. Just got to go through the itinerary and try and remember all the places we visited!
@Lil,Welcome home. How was the gelato?lol. I haven't had a physically demanding job since I was in my twenties so my body has been in shock. Today it seems better because I haven't had to run for the ibruprophen . I am going to stick with mon/wed dinner only. As far as chatting I will probably be working during your daytime hours. I will definitely check in very late afternoon close to your bedtime I guess. Hope that works for you also. Today I met a very nice English couple and I told how much I enjoyed Corrie and they laughed saying 'I hope you don't think that's what it's really like in England!". I had a good laugh because I don't think America is like it is portrayed on television either.

Since my job is so tough on my body I have been eating more protein then I am used to and it seems to have helped my muscle issue.

If you did a lot of walking while an vacation your weigh in on Monday should be ok. My fingers are crossed for you. Talk on Monday.
Hi@clairemarie I expect you won't see this till you get back from work - I hope your day has not been too hard. As I suspected my weight is up a bit since last wednesday. Our youngest son came home for the weekend and held a party for his 25th bithday. We got out of the way and went out for a pizza. There was also birthday vake to be eaten of course. He proposed to his girlfriend who he has been going out with since they were 16 so more celebrating to be done.
Hopefully now I am back in the routine I should see a gentle ( very gentle!) downward trend on my tracker.
Morining @Lil, I am so happy to hear about your son. My shift is starting a bit late this am. I am happy to see that I am going down the scale. I quess physical activity is responsible. Yay! I should be back to my low point when I left the forum and 52 fairly soon. I will be so happy to be overweight and not obese lol. Have a fantastic day. Aqua today?
@CandiceMarie, good morning to you. Achy body has now subsided. Perseeverance and drugs were the key. I did bump up in weight a few weeks back which I was ashamed to report. Loading up on carbs which make your body retain a lot of fluid. So my scale has actually shown a 9 pounds loss in two weeks. Actual fat though is a legitament 3-4 lbs. At any rate I am pleased for the downward direction and can only attribute the difference to the fasting and continual movement. Hope all is well with you :wink:
Good news Cuz@clairemarie! :like: xx
At least one of us is going in the right direction @clairemarie Congratulations. :like: Yes I've been to aquajog this morning. Hubby and I have just been out sloe picking. I don't know if you are familiar with them. They are a small very tart wild plum. I steep them in gin or vodka with some sugar for about 6 months - makes a nice after dinner drink especially at christmas.
I am making a bean and chorizo stew tonight to which I am going to add some prawns that were defrosted and not used on Saturday and then it's book club . And tomorrrow we can eat!
Back from book club and off to bed now. Enjoy your supper clairemarie
Previous 1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 48 of 61