The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

364 posts Page 16 of 25
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25 Next
No decluttering this weekend ... Too busy watching Le Tour de Yorkshire! :cool:
Despite sprained wrist,am still in decluttering mood and rather ill advisedly coz of said wrist,been re arranging furniture
Found seven pens,a mascara and a sweet underneath the couch
Which begs the question :- what's under YOUR couch :?: X
My worst decluttering fear was realised... I needed a big vase I'd just got rid of, (after not using it for years!), and you know what, we coped. My OH came up with the idea of using the water jug instead!
I must remember this when I'm dithering over something next time!
Edit: @candicemarie I haven't looked recently, but it's usually fairly grim. We have a leather sofa and the stuff that accumulates between the seat cushions is also incredible, pens, knitting needles, more crumbs than I'd like to admit to, money and once I found my missing camera between the cushion and the arm!
Back on the decluttering again today and 3 big bags of clothing yes all mine taken to charity shop :like:
Off our for a fastday walk now. :like: :clover: :heart:
Just been chucking out loads of too big lingerie. The bras will go to a charity cause I saw advertised recently - de-bra for DEBRA.
My contribution was to tidy up the CD collection and a trip to dump with garden waste. I do find that there are more hours in the day when not busy in kitchen as well as less shopping and of course eating time and clearing up.
Well @WendyDarling, I definitely deserve some Brownie points this week! I've spent three days in the garden cutting back shrubs resulting in three trips to the dump with all the garden refuse, then I contacted the Council's recycling team on Fri to book the removal of 3 mattresses and 2 bed bases that had been cluttering up our garage for years, and they were collected at 8.30 this morning. Can't beat that for great service! :grin: :grin:
We might actually be able to get one of the cars in the garage now! :razz:
@callyanna Well done for organizing the removal of the mattresses, that must make a huge difference! Very satisfying!
Thanks @Annurca, yes it was one of those jobs that we were always going to get round to but never did. Hubs would leave all sorts of rubbish in the garage 'just for now' and it ends up a permanent fixture, but no more!
@callyanna well done on that clearance! Do you have Bulky Bob where you live? X
Yes, @CandiceMarie, think I've seen that van in the area. Is it cheaper than the council?
Cally@callyanna BB is part of the City Council where i live,and was free last time i used it,but that was ages ago..
Here is the link to website,might give you more info:-
http://www.bulkybobs.co.uk
Well I've filled the boot of our Honda FRV (seats down) with rubbish from the garage. Cardboard, polystyrene, you know the score. Scary how it mounts up. Now we can get to our bikes without tripping over stuff AND open the cupboards!

In the process I found a big carrier of bras that I had intended for a local bra bank before they removed the facility. Added to what I sorted out yesterday... 26 bras winging their way to DEBRA :oops: Yes, I did have a serious lingerie habit. I'm curbing it and have been since 5:2 as I keep changing sizes and am not yet at goal. It's quite astonishing to see the size of the ones I was wearing a few years ago :shock: Apparently the charity get paid quite a lot more for bras than other rags, and very good ones they sell in the shop. There's a lot more general clothing heading their way too, and 'stuff' which has accumulated. So, not quite gone but on the way. Tip and charity shop runs are DH's job, and he's around next week.
@Cobham ive had a few trys at weeding Cd collection,but i never have the heart to chuck any of them into the charity shop bag
Must try harder with that one...loads i don't listen to any more,but find it hard to part from them," just in case" one day i want to listen again!
In fact typing this,have realised i can listen anytime on youtube or spotify,so maybe i CAN chuck them....thanks for helping me reach that conclusion!
@Winsomewell done on all that help for DEBRA..i have the enormous total of six bras in comparison to your dozens! X
Wow this tent is so greeeeeeeen! Fab! Good work @Wendy Darling x
I have been lurking and peeking in this tent for a while but haven't posted before. I have lots to get rid of, especially too-big clothes.

I want to mention The Minimalists - a couple of young men who were rich and successful with lots of STUFF who decided to get rid of it, quit their jobs and are now on a world tour to talk about minimalism, a way of life. I heard them in a radio interview when they were here in Ottawa a couple of weeks ago. They have written a book "Everything That Remains" which is a collection of essays/ blog entries from their website http://www.theminimalists.com. Their tour is in the UK in the fall and then goes to Australia so you friends "across the pond" and "down under" might catch them. It is all free, except the book of course, although I just have been reading their blog entries. I did buy a collection of "Essential Essays" for my Kobo reader for less than $2. It is about more than just decluttering and living with less - it is about living a simpler,happier life.

Anyway...they talked about the "Minimalism Game" which my best friend and I are trying to do this month, starting July 1. Basically, you sell/donate/trash one item Day 1, 2 items on Day 2, 3 on the 3rd, etc. If we continue to the end of the month, we will have each thrown out 496 things! Because I was away on the weekend, I had to catch up yesterday, i.e 11+12+13+14=50 things to chuck. I attacked my closet and managed 2 trash bags full.( 1 donate; 1 garbage). It feels great and I am going to keep going. I have so much clutter, I may need to do it more than one month :oops:

Now to find 15 things for today .....
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25 Next
364 posts Page 16 of 25