The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 10 of 65
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
18 Mar 2014, 11:21
[tag[zamale[/tag] In a previous life I was a colour consultant and have been thinking that it wouldn't do any harm to share some of the things I learned.
So, here goes
If you wear your skin, hair or eye tone you cannot go wrong! It might be a bit neutral, but it has to work. If your hair is dyed then this may not be the case!
Like you were thinking, the colour wheel is your friend. The opposites of your skin, hair and eyes, will make them pop.
If you are caucasian, then there will be a green to suit you as this is the opposite of the pink of 'white ' skin. Teal, blue-y green, greeny- blue are all winners. It's just finding the right one.
If you have brown eyes, a touch of purple in a scarf or eye make up will highlight and accentuate our eyes.
Colours are warm or cool and , depending on your skin, hair and eye colour, most people have a warm or cool colour preference/what looks better.
Think about what your favourite colours are and what colours make you feel good. Also what ones get compliments.
A wee splash of something is a good start, in an accessory or scarf or something.
I find colour great tuna nd have colourful clothes. No black, white or grey for me! They don't suit me - drain me Dahhhling, and I don't like them on me.
One of the nicest pieces I had was a patterned blouse which had teal, fuscia pink (:shock: a bit of grey, and another colour which I can;t remember, Sounds awful but it was my 3 contrast/accent colours and made my skin, hair and eyes look really clear and pop!
Hope this helps
18 Mar 2014, 11:50
@janegReally helpful thanks x
Two questions..what were you saying where the predictive text says great tuna ..and by eyes pop ,do you mean makes them stand out in a good way?
I have dark eyes and hair so think warm colours are good on me and i can get away with bright colours too..also taupe looks good on me whereas other pale colours,pale blue for example,look dreadful on me..
I suit gold jewellery coz its warm but its silver jewellery that i love :0((
18 Mar 2014, 12:34
Zamale - after years of noticing I get more compliments in pink colors than in oranges or greens, I started listening to people LOL SO now I usually wear a neutral color, such as black, navy, grey or cream, with pops of color I get compliments on - most often pink. People compliment me most when I wear pinks and blues, so that's the majority of my wardrobe.

As Ballerina says, the easiest way to add a pop of color is with a scarf, belt or shoes. For example, today I'm wearing blue jeans and a navy blue long sleeved t-shirt. Boring and kinda frumpy. But then I add my pink ballet flats, and a cream scarf with a pink and black leaf motif on it, and my outfit is suddenly pulled together and much more chic.
18 Mar 2014, 13:23
Sounds very put together @Tracieknits! Basic colours, zinged up with some contrast/accent is a good one. Just that sometimes the basic colour we choose isn't the most flattering. From our photos, navy is a good basic for you.
@CandiceMarieTuna?? Damn you autocorrect! I find colour great fun! And eyes pop? Yep, it's in a good way. Never thought of it as being not so good but now I come to think of it.. :lol: One way of working out if you are warm or cool is to look at white versus cream. If you have cool undertones, white will be ok. If you have warm undertones, cream will be much more flattering. Black and dark brown are similarly used- black for cool, brown for warm.
18 Mar 2014, 13:29
@janeg thank you x was just thinking of you as well,viz a viz wet fish tho not fashion...
I am finding feed days really hard tho for weeks and months they were ok..just seem to have fallen into such a bad habit the last few weeks
I know you're itching to apply the wet fish to someone but could i just have a kick up the ar** for now ..with the fish as a threat held over me.. :frown: :confused: :doh:
Just dont know whats wrong with me ....i am acting like a maintainer but sadly have a few stone to shed before i can wear the Maintainer Mantle ( to get back on a fashion theme) x :lol:
19 Mar 2014, 08:35
@janeg here I am trying to figure the colour of tuna, as salmon is a dulled down peachy :smile: . pink, so tuna too must be a colour.

Love the idea of throwing in a colour in accessories rather than large pieces, baby steps till I get confident with colour.

@Ballerina I'm a safe neutral dresser and feel most comfortable but in summer I do like to venture in colour, particularly dresses. I hate orange and yellow on me but love it everywhere else, I had orange on my nails and i felt gawdy. It looks great on everyone else, but on me I must feel washed out, maybe? I tell porkies too, I do have a orange dress with splashed of brown, but it is a deeper orange, more tolerable orange. :smile:

@Tracieknits those ballet flats are gorgeous, and i tend to stick with neutrals with shoes.
19 Mar 2014, 10:00
Wow - great tips @janeg :heart: - many thanks for passing those on :like: I have brown eyes and funnily enough people do comment when I use purple

Hi @Tracieknits :heart: - I love the way you have used your accessories to jazz up an outfit. I have ballet pumps in 2 different shades of pink (one pair are like candyfloss and the other pair are fushia) and hardly wear them but I will be combining them with more of my outfits now after reading your post :cool:
19 Mar 2014, 10:09
I can't seem to wear ballet flats, they kinda refuse to stay on my feet :0@ sort of slip off every step!
19 Mar 2014, 10:16
Oh no @Azureblue :heart: - what about the ones with ankle straps?
19 Mar 2014, 11:00
Yes I usually wear 'Mary Janes' as a result, not so elegant but does the job, generally from either Lands' End or Clark's, or Padders as their factory shop is nearby. My currant favourites are a pair in blue and another in red - UP WITH COLOUR!
19 Mar 2014, 11:28
I've got a couple of pairs of Mary Janes too - they're lovely and comfy :heart:
19 Mar 2014, 11:45
I firmly believe that shoes should only be red, fellow, orange or green! Purple is nearly acceptable! :D
19 Mar 2014, 12:03
Do any of you ever wear chinos? I bought some about a year ago whilst being optimistic - I bought a size 10 but couldn't so much as get them over my thighs! Now I can fit in them :victory: I don't really know what to wear with them though! Can anyone suggest the sorts of tops or shoes that they think would go well? They are a little like these however I am short so I wear them kind of folded up like they're cropped : http://www.zalando.co.uk/daniele-alessandrini-chinos-beige-d5321a001-707.html?wmc=AFF_AW_EN.79682_..&awc=3356_1329759347_2f178317dc18edf08a1183eb21a0ccc4&wmc=AFF44_AW_EN.79682_..&awc=3356_1395230529_94b7fbb1ca0533b365047ef82a643957
19 Mar 2014, 12:33
Hi @gym-sparkle-90 :heart:

I just bought 4 of the following from Wallis to wear with mine as the weather improves - white, black, pink and the patterned one

http://www.wallis.co.uk/en/wluk/category/clothing-265973/tops-265992/camisoles-2757079?geoip=noredirect

:cool:
19 Mar 2014, 14:12
Thanks @WestLondonChick ! The patterned ones are really lovely.
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 10 of 65