The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 13 of 65
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
23 Mar 2014, 08:31
Wendy Darling wrote: Sorry I'm late to the party. Been checking out Radley bags as suggested by Karen and think I've found the one. Carie, yes both lovely but 2 is nicer. Karen, well done on reaching size 10

Can we please have a photograph?

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Mar 2014, 10:23
MaryAnn wrote: I liked #2 best as well, AND it's called Marianne! The shape is perfect for you, Carie!

@rawkaren, it's true we don't really have the high street in the US, though I would have guessed San Francisco would have some good shopping streets. There's a big outlet mall near my sister's house in San Antonio that I do most of my US shopping at. It's awesome for bargains, though otherwise a bit scary.

It's true we have Banana Republic, TopShop and H&M, but they don't carry the range that we can get in the UK. It's also more conservative. There is no middle ground like Reiss and Hobbs, although we do have J.Crew which I love. Diane Von Furstenburg is here, but it's a once a year purchase as it's at the very top of my limit. So It's either really cheap or expensive (and often frumpy). There are plenty of designer brands here, but way outside my price range. I love to look, but who would buy a Chanel or Akris dress for work? I have to confess buying in Target (pronounced Tarjay) where I live (joke) :grin: a bit like buying in Asda, and nowt wrong with that!
23 Mar 2014, 10:24
Ballerina wrote:
Wendy Darling wrote: Sorry I'm late to the party. Been checking out Radley bags as suggested by Karen and think I've found the one. Carie, yes both lovely but 2 is nicer. Karen, well done on reaching size 10

Can we please have a photograph?

Ballerina x :heart:

Yes @Wendy darlingwhat are you eyeing?
23 Mar 2014, 10:25
Silverdarling wrote:

@Wendy Darling your lovely avatar appears to have vanished!

On my ipad wendy's avatar is there but @julianna 's has gone!
The Pic Pincher strikes again! X
23 Mar 2014, 10:25

Shoe and bag sale in debenhams.
23 Mar 2014, 10:30
CandiceMarie wrote:
Silverdarling wrote:

@Wendy Darling your lovely avatar appears to have vanished!

On my ipad wendy's avatar is there but @julianna 's has gone!
The Pic Pincher strikes again! X

I can see them both candy on my iPad.
23 Mar 2014, 11:45
WD's is still AWOL on mine ... And yes we must see The Bag! :cool:
23 Mar 2014, 14:16
Ohh lawks, i have lost wendys as well now! :shock:we need Miss Marple @Sue.Q on the case!
23 Mar 2014, 16:14
Feeling pleased with myself :smile: . I've just been shopping with OH and managed to find two lovely Alexon dresses in House of Fraser reduced from £125 to £38!

I find that Alexon dresses suit my figure well and I often manage to find good reductions on the full price.

I tried on a third new season Alexon dress which I really liked but will wait until it's reduced ....
23 Mar 2014, 17:39
BARGAIN @windsinger123 ! Thats a big saving you made on those two dresses..hope you can make it a hat trick with number 3 when its reduced! X
23 Mar 2014, 17:57
CandiceMarie wrote: BARGAIN @windsinger123 ! Thats a big saving you made on those two dresses..hope you can make it a hat trick with number 3 when its reduced! X

Thanks @CandiceMarie. I will be keeping an eye out for the next season sale :smile:
23 Mar 2014, 18:19
very late to the party. but will say dress number two, number one was too busy and there was too much blue.
@Janeg thank you for the advice. I have mousy dark ash blonde hair thats going grey with green eyes that are usually hidden behind glasses. I am going to pick up a months supply of daily disposable contacts for going out days and a pair of reading glasses (I can't read when wearing contacts). Plus some lipstick and liner as I've noticed that my lip colour is receeding from my actual lip edges. Annndd, I'm going to pick up some ballet pumps too, I've just realised that my colour wheel opposite is red, I always hanker after red shoes. I'm going to try for some more red tops this year.

@rawkaren that dress is lovely, very unusual in its styling/cut. It will really show off your figure without detracting from your business like demeanor.
23 Mar 2014, 19:13
Late to the which dress debate for you Caroline and agree with the majority the 2nd one just appeals more and is a prettier fabric all around and check you out .. You are looking so good :smile:

Karen nice choice I think it will look elegant and congrats
23 Mar 2014, 23:54
Sorry, been really busy all day.

Here's the URL to the gorgeous bag I ordered tonight. Thank you Karen and I hope you all like it.

http://www.radley.co.uk/alston-large-tote-bag/

I was going to buy black to replace the all purpose one I am currently using and hate but then I saw this lovely summery one. I got the coral one but the URL points to the green one. I have a beautiful, really unusual summer coat that it will go with perfectly. I have to say that I got too big to wear the coat. I tried it on last week and it fits again. Hoorah!!! In the pocket was a cinema ticket from 2011 :shock: it was a bit grubby so I chucked it in the washing machine and it came out fine. The lining has gone in a few places at the seams so I am going to get it repaired.

I also tried on a tan suede jacket that must be 14 years old. That fits too once more and in the pocket was a receipt from 2009. Lol....... from Pizza Hut. No wonder I grew out of it :lol: I am so pleased that I can get into all these old treasures again :smile:
24 Mar 2014, 06:40
@wendy darling. That looks amazing. Looks like you got yourself a bargain too. They are really nicely made. I think you get alot for your money. Well chosen :clover: :like: :like: :like:
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 13 of 65