The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 11 of 65
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
19 Mar 2014, 16:29
Thnakyou for all the positive comments on skinny jeans for more mature women! I'm wearing mine with more confidence now. All the advice on this thread regarding fashion, and especially colour, is fantastic. I'm another one who shies away from colour and wears too much black, navy, grey, brown and white so it really interesting to hear and see how good colours can look!
20 Mar 2014, 16:42
Hi...really could do with some fashion advice pleeeease!
I am off to Abi Dubai next week with two days at the Dubai races. I have got my dress and accessories for the races but what do I wear out in the evenings and day times ? I want to feel comfortable but fashionable and where can I buy nice shorts, tee-shirts, pashmina etc. I am quite pale and really don't want a fake tan so any ideas how I can make my skin not so pasty(I am half Irish so have freckles) I think I might stand out like a sore thumb! Oh, dear I'm not asking much am I? Lol.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..starting to panic now!!
Katiexx
20 Mar 2014, 17:11
erm ... not really sure shorts are acceptable over there? Aren't they still keen on women being covered up?
20 Mar 2014, 17:36
@Whatkatydidyou won't stick out like a sore thumb, plenty of peelywally Celts here! Also the 'SUN!!!! Let me at it singed look'. :) The sun is strong so it bleaches pale colours out making them appear pale, but as black and white are very common with national dress, any colours go!
Abu Dhabi is a wee bit more conservative then Dubai so a bit of common sense in clothing is required. shoulders covered and knees too. Shorts are ok if they longish. Spaghetti straps aren't too good, but a throw/shrug/pashamina thing flung over keeps it decent. Inside is airconned to Arctic so a cardi can be really useful. It's getting warmer so loose and comfy is good. long skirts, frocks etc are cool. I wear trousers and long sleeved teee shirts because I prefer to be covered- keeps the sun and beasties off me, but as long as you're not flashing too much, pretty much anything goes.
Lots of night spots are trendy, with lots of expats and a whole range of fashion and styles.
Hope you enjoy yourself at the races and your holidays too.
20 Mar 2014, 18:16
Thank you so much Janeg...you have given me lots to think about. I will go out tomorrow to buy some long flowy skirts. I also have some long loose dresses and white linen trousers that I will pack. Will be buying a cream pashmina from bhs to take just in case. Feel more confident now. Thanks again..
Katie x
22 Mar 2014, 17:47
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
HHHEEELLLPPP. Two dresse from phase eight. I love one more. Which one for summer wedding.?
22 Mar 2014, 18:02
Hi Caroline

Probably comes down to which colouring you prefer. Both are very suitable and you look fab :like: :clover:

I like 2 as you can pick out other colours more to accessorize if needed :)

Enjoy making the choice, either way, you will look gorgeous :smile:

p.s. what are you doing in the middle pic :grin:
22 Mar 2014, 18:06
I think the colours on the bottom one suit you better
22 Mar 2014, 18:06
Number two, the first one looks lovely as well but perhaps because I can see more detail in the second one I prefer it, also number two SEEMS to be the more flattering but I could be wrong

Ballerina x :heart:
22 Mar 2014, 18:16
22 Mar 2014, 18:31
Both gorgeous dresses Carie so just go whichever you feel most comfortable in! x
22 Mar 2014, 18:32
Thanks for that, both absolutely gorgeous but I still favour second one,

Ballerina x :heart:
22 Mar 2014, 18:35
Love them both. Second one even more lovely I think :heart:
22 Mar 2014, 18:41
Agree with Ballerina the second one sits better on your upper half, shows off better, and also you can see you've got a nice waist. The other one wears you a bit, and swamps you a bit with the colours and also the cut on the top half of the dress.

Looking fantastic though, girl!! :victory: :cool: :victory: :shock: :wink:
22 Mar 2014, 18:52
Personally, I prefer the second one - but what do I know! I'm just a jeans and shirt wearer, 99% of the time!
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 11 of 65