The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 28 of 65
Previous 1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
14 Apr 2014, 06:51
gillymary wrote: You might like this @rawkaren http://carolcookskeller.blogspot.com.au

Thanks @gillymary. I have the book too and the only thing I ever made was the lemon tart which is amazing. She must be a talented cook as it's a very challenging cookbook :bugeyes:
14 Apr 2014, 06:58
You have Morton's toe, @rawkaren! But very attractive feet, and pretty polish. I can't polish my toenails, because it would draw unwanted attention to my hobbit feet. :lol:

Damn, I was so determined not to venture too far into this tent in my grubby jeans and tee shirt, and yet here I am.
14 Apr 2014, 07:10
14 Apr 2014, 14:00
@MaryAnn they remind me of my pop art days in the sixties! X very cute!
14 Apr 2014, 18:02
Can't bear my toe nails to be naked.
Plus have a massive thing about dry skin on feet too. ......Bleugh................

That's all.
16 Apr 2014, 07:34
I'm with you Carie!

Karen, I am so jealous of:

Your long toes (mine are very short and stubby) :frown:

Your DVF dress - I still deeply regret not buying one a few years ago as it was still £££ on sale but I didn't feel worthy at the time. Hubby tried to make me buy it, bless him.

Your trip to the French Laundry. I have the book and also a book of desserts by Claire Clarke (happens to be the SIL of an acquaintance of mine) and I dream of going there!

Enjoy :smile:
16 Apr 2014, 07:37
I love the pretty toes and sandals @rawkaren :like: :heart:
17 Apr 2014, 22:03
I had a major tantrum meltdown this morning because I was going out for a special treat and nothing in my wardrobe was right. Nothing went with anything. I like smart casual and I like the sort of thing that @minumonline wears. I have pale skin, pale hair and an oblong body with no shape so fitted things look best on me. I like tunics but they look like a sack on me. I've got that lovely bag now but that hardly goes with anything I've got so I have limited myself even more because I really love it and want to use it all the time. Please can someone sort me out. Thanks x
18 Apr 2014, 04:46
Ohhh..Hope someone comes along soon @wendy darling and helps..i cant advise as i fear i may send you on a bum steer
You need @rawkaren @Silverdarlingor@Minumonlineherself
I bet you look great despite what you say x x
18 Apr 2014, 07:29
Thank you Candice.
18 Apr 2014, 07:45
@Wendy Darling , now come on girl, all this angst is not worth it and I don't believe you have nothing to go with your lovely new bag. Go back upstairs, NOW, and systematically go through your wardrobe again. Now, pick out the pieces that you like best, feel nicest in and flatter you, O.K? Lay them out on the bed or hang them from the door. If you have scarf drawer, and I find hard to believe that there is a woman on the face of the planet without a scarf drawer, empty it and try the most unlikely colour schemes with your outfits, pick one, or even two as you can always twist one round the other for a different effect, that goes with either your bag or your outfit, it matters not because when they all come together they will look good, promise. Try them out, team things that you may not ordinarily put together and see how they work. If all else fails get out a pot of paint and get on with your DIY project, it will take your mind off the fact that you have nothing to wear. Good luck :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
18 Apr 2014, 07:48
MaryAnn wrote: OMG cute cute cute: http://marmalade-shop.com/index/home/spring2014

Wow, I LOVE all of them, I love the 60s look. Have you bought any MaryAnn?
18 Apr 2014, 08:01
@Wendy Darling - nice one from @Ballerina - who is the Scarf Queen btw - see Edinburgh pics :cool: :lol: . If I remember rightly the bag is a either lovely light green or peachy coral ... I would follow Bal's advice re scarves, and dress in light neutrals - white, cream, grey, tan and variations - or you could try navy (better than black for spring) - lovely white or cream tunic or top - some lovely ones with embroidery / lace / crochet around at the mo. then add scarf with colours to tie in with bag, tied a la Ballerina, and you're away! If I remember rightly, you're tall like Princess D was, so you'll be able to carry it off :cool: :cool: :cool:
18 Apr 2014, 08:26
Ohhhh thank you so much you two, that is exactly the sort of advice I was looking for x
Previous 1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 28 of 65