The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 29 of 65
Previous 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
18 Apr 2014, 10:24
@WendyDarling - don't have a meltdown - I'm sure some of us could meet up if need be and be your Personal Shoppers for the day - so long as we have adequate stops for food and drink!! :wink: :heart:
18 Apr 2014, 11:06
Make building a new wardrobe an enjoyable project @Wendy Darling adding to the good advice already given

Some rules
your signature colour is the colour of your eyes so have that colour in your scarf or top. Very flattering.

Don't be afraid of colour and you might find that the colours which suit you are some of your favourite colours already

Agree a fab bag and lovely shoes are the best investments not matchy matchy though but complimentary.

Op / charity shops have some great bargains if you are not sure about making drastic changes

Mostly enjoy, google for your shape dressing rules and print off a copy and get to know the dos and donts
18 Apr 2014, 11:52
@wendydarling Great advice here. I suggest you invest in a blazer or really nice fitted jacket. A pair of jeans, tee shirt, blazer and a scarf would work well with your figure.

Accessorize with a really nice belt and shoes. You already have your bag :heart:
18 Apr 2014, 16:29
OH all this advice from you lovely people and don't get me wrong I love my new wardrobe (much to full already). yes I said I wouldn't but the nearly new /charity shops plus the sales what is a woman on a new mission to do. :heart:

I really don't think I belong in here at all, I feel like
Granny grunt at this moment. :shock: :shock: :shock:
18 Apr 2014, 16:57
@Sue.Q i feel like Granny Grunt's Granny! I don't belong in here one bit! :confused: x
I am deffo gonna start a "feeling fat and looking it " tent after easter!for those of us still less than sylphlike! X
18 Apr 2014, 18:34
Well, I am here!
Varnished toe nails (a pale pearly beige for now), tanned legs ( thanks to Summer sun) , slim navy 3/4 trews, nice tops, new shoes... oh, but then there's me face. Ah well, broken dreams again!
18 Apr 2014, 18:40
PennyForthem wrote: Well, I am here!
Varnished toe nails (a pale pearly beige for now), tanned legs ( thanks to Summer sun) , slim navy 3/4 trews, nice tops, new shoes... oh, but then there's me face. Ah well, broken dreams again!

What are on about woman?? :?: :?: Just take a good look at yourself in the mirror and admire that slim, stylish looking attractive creature looking back at you! :grin: :razz: :wink:
18 Apr 2014, 18:46
That's the trouble, Callyanna, a slim stylish, rather wizened person looks back at me. I don't know who she is!
18 Apr 2014, 18:52
wendyjane wrote: You have Morton's toe, @rawkaren! But very attractive feet, and pretty polish. I can't polish my toenails, because it would draw unwanted attention to my hobbit feet. :lol:

Damn, I was so determined not to venture too far into this tent in my grubby jeans and tee shirt, and yet here I am.

I have had a Morton's neuroma, which I had removed. This resulted in my toes crossing, so that was supposedly sorted with another op. Only it's happening again. My once slim and gorgeous feet are now not. Booger.
18 Apr 2014, 20:14
@PennyForthem you have such a pretty face and pretty hair..very girly,some peep never lose that....So think on and look sharp as Mrs Overall used to say! XX
18 Apr 2014, 22:02
I like that look @rawkaren of the jeans/T-shirt/scarf/fitted jacket[/tag] what colour jacket would you buy being blonde ( as I am) please as I have no clue? ( I think black looks too harsh on me.)
19 Apr 2014, 06:42
julianna wrote: I like that look @rawkaren of the jeans/T-shirt/scarf/fitted jacket[/tag] what colour jacket would you buy being blonde ( as I am) please as I have no clue? ( I think black looks too harsh on me.)

Classic colours @juliannanavy, camel, cream. Or if you want to push the boat out - pink!
19 Apr 2014, 06:55
Wow I like the sound of that boat though it is coming up winter here. I love all the greys, caramel, with splashes of warm autumn colours which still look good with denim jeans and even basic black pants I think you can't do much better than nature. But then I think of that fushia flowers with the fairy like dress petals of purple and bright pinky red and smile
19 Apr 2014, 09:53
Oh you are all so lovely. Thank you, great advice for me to ponder. Green eyes @gillymary that is a good look on me @rawkaren I have a really old M&S blazer that I have recently got out from a charity bag, must be 20+ years old! I didn't get rid of it because I loved it so much, do you think it would be ok to wear again. Don't want to look like a throwback to the 80's :lol:

I like florals and textures. All my newest, nicest skinny jeans are too big now, so I am back in old bootcut ones. They fit well but I am still on the hunt for some skinnies. Might look in Next later. I can once again wear t shirts tucked in, I fancy some nice penny loafers too if you think that would be good. Oh dear, I am having a nostalgic wallow here!

I am going to go through my wardrobe and be really ruthless, only keeping things I love.

@madcatlady now there's an offer I can't refuse :grin:

@pennyforthem I bet you look lovely. My friend has a Mortons Neuroma, she lives with it because she doesn't want an op. I have really ugly feet, I bet yours don't look as bad as mine. I hate feet too.
19 Apr 2014, 10:40
well @wendy darling. I can't comment on your blazer, but all I can say is that the cut and fabric have moved on alot in the last 20 years, so it might be time to invest..... you might get another 20 years out of your next one.

Penny loafers are all the rage this season, so I think you need to go shopping. I'm wearing a pair of slip on's this morning that are a little like a leopard print with a gold heel (they are flat) and tassels. This is the style (I bought them from this shop in Mallorca), but this photo shows the latest colour and texture. I saw they just did them in yellow too!
http://www.uterque.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 20slippers
Previous 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 29 of 65