The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 26 of 65
Previous 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
11 Apr 2014, 17:53
I've never heard of Romans before. Where do you find these stores? @Carorees I think that dress is just beautiful and I could actually picture you in it! Like the others, I think the jacket is pretty too (I love the colour) but not sure if it's a bit "heavy". It's difficult to judge when you can't see them together.. I love the dress, though...it's gorgeous...just right I'd say

Bean :geek:
11 Apr 2014, 18:16
There's a stores locator on their website @nursebean.

Thanks for your comments everyone. The jacket is satin and quite light (I may have picked the wrong one from their website as there are several similar ones and I want quite sure which I'd tried on! I have quite sloping shoulders and one is higher than the other (too much carrying a shoulder bag?) so I find a jacket tends to suit me better than a pashmina. My arms are ugly due to the floppy skin and being on the large side so I don't intend taking it off! I see they have a short sleeved bolero on their website so I might go back and see what the dress looks like with that (and this time remember to take a photo!)
11 Apr 2014, 18:51
image.jpg
I'd like to see the dress on you @carorees, as the colour is a bit light. But you're dark anyway so it may be ok. Plus the jackets a no no in my opinion only because the pattern is so different to the dress. And the colour all merges into one. "In my imagination"
So I think that Maybe a contrasting colour shrug, matched with shoes and bag.

Just been snooping around the website and there's a few more brightly coloured frocks in there, plus some fitted ones, please take yourself off to the nearest big debenhams and get one of the fitted dresses on and see how it looks. Your new slim figure will take it I promise.
What I do is buy several and then take some back. Today I bought two pairs of blue shoes for wedding outfit. Keeping these, simply because I don't want sore feet. Just need a bag now.
11 Apr 2014, 19:01
I love the dress the very best, no matter the color, it's very feminine and wonderfully looking. If you don't like your arms in the nude, a bolero jacket, tiny cardigan (like cashmere or silk) would fit nicely. or as many have said - a throw....you know the kind with knitted frills along the edges. Have absolutely no clue what they are called in English :bugeyes:
11 Apr 2014, 19:42
Beautiful dress, will really show off your curves. Not good on these things but I think the best thing would be something soft for the jacket - nothing stiff or structured.
11 Apr 2014, 19:54
Carorees: Loving the dress and the jacket (always a jacket for a wedding, take a pashmina for later when it gets cooler), have you tried them on together?
11 Apr 2014, 21:27
Goodadvice@carieoates and good choice of shoes to go with yr dress x
11 Apr 2014, 21:41
Wonderbra do AMAZING strapless bras with plastic fingers built is which hold you up and STAY up - as tested extensively by me at hubby's 40th birthday party :wink: They do tend to come up tight in the band and big in the cup so take a few in to try.

I have a whole wardrobe of little 3/4 or l/s sleeve cardis/shrugs and boleros. I tend to prefer them to jackets and get more wear out of them as well. However, the jacket does look lovely and would also look good with other dresses in quite a few colours. Pashminas have had their day and are a pain to manage at times. Good for an extra layer but give me a cardi of some kind any day for comfort and coverage.
11 Apr 2014, 21:53
Love both items @carorees Yes Roman are very good quality indeed, some items to "fussy" for my tastes.
Your two choices are beautiful and if they're colour matched you'll look and feel like a million dollars. :clover:
12 Apr 2014, 06:00
Love the dress and I also like the jacket but it is more 'Mother of the bride' to me so I agree with the others that a short sleeved cardigan, there are loads in the shops, or a pashmina would look nice. Whatever you choose to wear I'm sure you will look lovely and with your new slimline look you are going to look and feel great.

Ballerina x :heart:
12 Apr 2014, 06:26
Love the outfit @carorees the colour wouldn't do anything for me though. I'm rubbish at all this dressing stuff so I am so pleased that this week I have got into some old favourites, some of which I have had for 14 years! I have had so many compliments.

I am going to have a look at that website. The prices look great too so thanks for that.
12 Apr 2014, 06:27
@carorees have a look at Pure cashmere, or Woolovers - or even dare I say Boden :lol: :wink: for ideas re cardis (and different styles and lots of colours) - remember what Kate Middleton wore to that after- wedding ball :lol: :lol: :lol:
12 Apr 2014, 16:04
Gee whizz! Has anyone else got Roman stuff coming up on their ipad/ laptop etc after Caro sharing her wedding outfit ideas with us ! Its a bit spooky! :shock:
12 Apr 2014, 19:20
CandiceMarie wrote: Gee whizz! Has anyone else got Roman stuff coming up on their ipad/ laptop etc after Caro sharing her wedding outfit ideas with us ! Its a bit spooky! :shock:

I delete my cookies at least once a month @CandiceMarie But yes I've got Roman coming out of my ears. Lol
12 Apr 2014, 19:36
@Sue.Q the only cookies i know are the eating kind and the only way i get rid of them is by brushing the crumbs off my lap! :lol: can you explain,i know i have seen something in my settings saying Clear Cookies but am in the dark here as to what they are... :cool: :lol:
Previous 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 26 of 65