The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 39 of 65
Previous 1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
26 May 2014, 09:02
@CandiceMarie

Thanks for your reply. My comfy jeans dont look fit for a funeral. So I will fit in a black suede type pants, but tight around the girth, but anyway. I will take note of what people wear as a future note.
The lady who passed was only 48 and died of a suspected blood clot from a car accident she was in last year. She was in a disability mini bus. She was in a care facility and I suspected she was autistic, but her family just say she was slow. I went to school with her. I feel sad for her, she was misunderstood.
26 May 2014, 09:06
@CandiceMarie

Just wanted to tell you, you seem like a fun person. Always love your avatar and upbeat attitude in wishing people well on a fast day. You give me the oomph I need on a fast day. :grin:
26 May 2014, 09:21
[list=][/list]
Julieathome wrote: I always thought fit flops were those sandals that make your legs have a work out just from walking, by basically making you walk with more movement than needed. Making your legs more tired at the end of a day.
If its not so I will look into them too.

@JulieathomeThat is what the adverts say
"work out while you walk" and sometimes overpriced for that reason but like @CandiceMarie I have PF and lots of other foot issues these are just so comfortable when you find a style to suit your too width
(my main prob)
I wear them all day long but some people notice aching legs at start so break them in few hrs at time, I wouldn't be without mine and my collection is growing, my very first pair i use as slippers worn daily bought 5 years ago cost £45 then so I'd say value for money still plenty life left in them and the toepost version no problem to me, plenty sites offer sale prices all year round my only advice is to find some shop local to you to go into and try pair on just to get feel and look see if you like coz as I said they're a "chunky" style not really neat + pretty.
26 May 2014, 13:04
@zamale your suede pants sound very smart! I bet you look good in them.
Sad to hear about that lady's passing. I am sure tho that in her life,your understanding gave her comfort. I always think to be understood and accepted just as we are,is what we all need. Thanks for what you said about me, i' m glad i give you some oomph!
i always think of you as a very thoughtful, kind and sincere woman who is a good friend to all,at home and on here x
@Sue.Q thanks for all the useful info ...i think i've lost weight off my feet! Of all places!grrrr why not a bit off my hips instead :curse: Sorry to hear you havePF..its like toothache in yr foot isnt it :confused: as if we haven't got enough to contend with. My friend's just given me a pair of Pavers coz she's sorry she bought them..they ARE very unattractive but i don't care,they are quite comfy and will keep me going for now x
26 May 2014, 13:46
Comfort @CandiceMarie That's all that counts for me nowadays, I've deffo lost something off my feet which is just as well with my probs, love some of these more fashionable sandals but at my age comfort comes first
If you don't have width probs then you could check out ebay but sometimes the prices they fetch are quite high considering most are second hand. have a look at names of non toepost type first then check ebay
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
26 May 2014, 15:24
@CandiceMarie I have had loads of problems with my feet over the last few years - PF, posterior tibialis tendinopathy, neuropathy - all linked. Thankfully now much improved with physioo and having to carry less around. I have some Fitflops and some Hotter shoes but the most comfortable sandals I have found are crocs. Not the clogs but sandals/ shoes with a small wedge ot heel - about 1 1/4". I posted a picture of my 'collection' higher up ths thread. Also not cheap but I would thoroughly recommend
26 May 2014, 17:36
I feel for you @Lil the PF is bad nuff without other stuff.
Thks for the crocs info.will look into it
Temporarily sorted with a pair of Pavers from a pal..cumfy but could be a bit comfier..however i can't really judge while i have what feels like toothache in my heel! X :confused:
26 May 2014, 17:37
I recently went to a funeral of a young woman, very tragic. And I realised that every time I go to one, I have a "what to wear" crisis. So I took some time out, went round and tried on loads of outfits, and bought something I really like, and feel is appropriate, somber and flattering. On the grounds I will probably go to at least another 150 funerals in my life, its an investment, and will remove the stress of deciding what to wear (it was only from NEXT). Its hanging in a suit carrier in my wardrobe, as a "uniform" item.
26 May 2014, 21:10
I used to suffer from Plantar faciitis as well. I seemed to have cured it with physio. The most important thing for me was EVERY morning I would do the exercise that looks like you are about to start a race, but keeping the heel of the back foot on the ground as you bent your knee's. Also standing on the balls of the feet on the bottom step with the heels over hanging and dropping the heels to stretch the achiles tendon and the plantar fibres. I also did the exercises every time I felt a twinge. I only get it now if I have been stood all day or walked all day.

Mind you, personally I prefer to be barefoot all day long. I can walk on gravel my feet are that tough.
27 May 2014, 21:07
image.jpg

Just testing, and still unable to post any photos
27 May 2014, 21:13
I can see it @silverdarling..a rather nice cardi with sparkles on!
My DD calls me The Magpie coz i love sparkles
ps ! Waaaaargh it s gone now! :shock:
27 May 2014, 21:17
Blimey CM. So can I now! You've obviously got the right touch!
This is a 'wrap' cardi, bought for £24 in a dress agency in Ledbury, and unworn with label still attached. It's currently on the 'wrap' website, reduced from £89 to £69! It's last season, but very current. There is a similar one in 'the White Company' collection for this season, about the same price. Hope this photo doesn't vanish.
27 May 2014, 21:18
image.jpg

image.jpg
27 May 2014, 21:21
Oooh thats pretty.and your cardi just reappeared after vanishing!
Think maybe refresh brings stuff back again :?:
Ps cardi was a bargain " you couldnt be vexed" as my friend's mum used to say! X
27 May 2014, 21:22
Paul Smith tana lawn shirt, bought for £30 in a dress agency in Bromyard ... The same where @carorees has her pink linen trousers from last summer on offer!
Previous 1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 39 of 65