The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 36 of 65
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
11 May 2014, 08:39
PennyForthem wrote: Wow and wow again! I need a wedding to dress up for now! You all are so petite and glam!

I am now panicking over what to wear next Friday when I meet 3 svelte and glam ladies, @silverdarling @callyanna and @merlin. I am sure there will be photos too.

I may be petite but I'm certainly not glam or a fashion plate PennyForthem! You looked fab last time we met, a real classy lady.If the weather's like this on Friday it'll be back to the thermals! :shock: :wink:
11 May 2014, 08:46
Well I am in the 'hair chair' as Karen would say, on Thursday, so will be ok from the neck up :razz: :wink: - however will be dressed 'comfortably' as I will be driving a long way that day :cool: so I don't think you need to worry @Pennyforthem

Have had a look at The Cabbage Hall (how appropriate, given our obsession with veg :lol: ) and it looks fab :victory: and looking forward to some good craic with the gang :wink:

Now, who is bringing the camera / iphone / ipad - and do they have wi-fi ... @Ballerina et al will be expecting instant and ongoing updates ...
11 May 2014, 09:03
PennyForthem wrote: Wow and wow again! I need a wedding to dress up for now! You all are so petite and glam!

I am now panicking over what to wear next Friday when I meet 3 svelte and glam ladies, @silverdarling @callyanna and @merlin. I am sure there will be photos too.

Judging by today's weather- mac and wellies would be appropriate!
11 May 2014, 09:03
Well jel
12 May 2014, 14:44
Carorees, you look AMAZING! A totally different woman to your original photo :shock:

Personally, I think the jacket is fine in itself, but doesn't show off your figure as well as a cropped bolero/cardi would. You look a size smaller when you take off the jacket, and that's a problem I'm very familiar with as I also have an hourglass (but bigger than yours!!) figure and chunky arms I would rather cover up. Dare I say it, a clingy cardi would look a tad sexier... :wink:

You've worked so hard for it, go FLAUNT it!
12 May 2014, 16:45
Wow! I thought you had reached target when I met you before Christmas. The extra weight off has made you look taller. Now I'm looking forward to the Ludlow meet.
12 May 2014, 17:37
Caroline, You look absolutely stunning!!! Hugely impressed. And I agree with Winsome - lose the jacket and get something more clingy, like a thin silk knit cardigan if you feel the need to cover up (or maybe stay warm?).
Hugs!
14 May 2014, 07:54
Could i trouble you ladies for some advice?
I have a wedding to attend in 3 weeks and to be quite honest this has been a great motivator to lose weight.
I have chosen a dress to wear that has cream in it, i am very mindful that the bride wears cream/white and that the guests don't :oops: but i would wear the dress with a black shrug black handbag and shoes. Do you think it's suitable or should i go for another colour :confused:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=deben ... B225%3B300
I love the 50's style and have a black netted underskirt to go underneath for more volume, please bear in mind the model is rather slimmer than me :wink:
14 May 2014, 08:40
I think it would be perfect, it is a beautiful dress and because it has polka dots the dress does not come over as a cream dress at all. Go for it and enjoy your new found figure. :like:
14 May 2014, 11:09
Love that dress! I wore a similar one with smaller polka dots on for a wedding once, along with a different coloured shrug and I didn't feel like it was a faux pas, if it was pure cream I wouldn't go there, but with the spots it doesn't come across as cream.
14 May 2014, 11:23
I agree, it doesn't come over as competing with the bride at all, and with black accessories it will be perfectly suitable.

I had the opposite problem in that I felt wearing black at a wedding is not wise (funereal overtones) so have accessorised with cream to lighten it!
14 May 2014, 13:33
Thanks ladies you have put my mind at rest :smile:
caro i know what you mean about black, i think iv'e lightened it up a bit, my shoes are black, my bag is black and cream and i have a black and cream flower comb for my hair :smile: and rather than a shrug which covers up a nice dress sometimes which is a shame, one of these came today
http://www.marksandspencer.com/light-co ... /p22255275
it looks like part of the dress and although it's sheer it disguises my bingo wings perfectly :grin:
14 May 2014, 13:35
Love the dress and cover up jan!
14 May 2014, 13:36
Oh that's brilliant @Janpartly I must get one! Unfortunately it wouldn't work with the dress I'm wearing to my cousin's wedding as the dress has a sheer back so the back of the top would show through, but it will definitely go with some other dresses I have.

I think I saw something similar on Dragon's Den a series or two ago...
14 May 2014, 13:51
The ones on dragons den are called wingz, i do have one of those as well, although it's a more casual stretchy style. If you go for a marks one i would advise to get a size larger than you are as the arms are quite narrow :wink: having said that i have arms a weightlifter would be proud of :shock: :grin:
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 36 of 65