The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 37 of 65
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 65 Next
Re: Fashionista Tent
14 May 2014, 13:54
That dress is adorable @janpartly i love polka dots and its such a young and fun style!
The top will go perfectly..well done on finding it..its quite ingenious! X
Ps we wd all love a photo of course on the day! X
14 May 2014, 15:01
What a fabulous dress - and the M and S net thingy will look fab with it, and very fifties as well ... @Janpartly - can we see a photo nearer the time ??? :victory: :cool:
14 May 2014, 15:22
Jan, did you buy that dress recently? I've just been trying to find it and can't, and I'm gutted because it is absolutely my style! In fact, I'm wearing black and white with spots today; a much loved dress that is too big but belted in ferociously LOL.
14 May 2014, 15:35
Yeh @winsome i can see you in that style of dress x
14 May 2014, 15:46
Love the dress!
I confess I'd never seen or heard of wingz or the MnS one, but I might investigate. I can't wear sleeveless tops any more.
14 May 2014, 15:56
Thanks everyone i think i made the right choice then :like:
Winsome i bought the dress a few months ago from ebay although it's a Debenhams debut dress i think it may be last seasons :oops:
I have worked out it's 4 weeks to the wedding so i have time to lose a few more pounds, i will try to post a photo although i shall have to work out how to do that first :shock: x
14 May 2014, 17:38
Ask away if you need any help with that @janpartly :lol: :lol: :lol: you know we're always willing to give advice! :shock: :wink:
16 May 2014, 04:10
Going to a memorial service for my neighbor on Sunday (he was much loved in the neighborhood, but was 84, so not unexpected).

I don't go often to this sort of thing. Do you think it is necessary to wear something somber? He was a light hearted guy and both he and his widow not particularly formal people. I'm thinking of just a simple summer dress, but I don't want to look out of place or not respectful.

Thanks!
16 May 2014, 06:09
@janpartly I don't know what size you/the frock are, but look me up if you want to sell it on in the future :wink:
16 May 2014, 06:46
Hmmm @wendyjane if the gent was fun,i think his widow might be glad of a little lightheartedness to reflect his nature at a memorial service .. Is it his funeral but theyre calling it memorial - a celebration of his life rather than a gloomy occasion?
i think something simple and summery wouldnt be out of place,long as not tooooo jolly.perhaps take along a darker jacket or cardigan to pop on if it turns out youre the only colourful one?
It helps when peeps give guidelines doesn't it! Maybe you can ask the neighbours what they are doing? X
16 May 2014, 07:03
Will do Winsome it's a size 12 :smile:
16 May 2014, 15:06
Thanks, @CandiceMarie. and I will ask the neighbors too. I think that a memorial service is basically different than a funeral in that there is no body. It was called memorial service on the emailed invite.

I have little in the way of dressy clothes. Not just because I'm a lot smaller than I used to be, but also because I rarely get dressed up. This month I have two graduations and this service to go to!
16 May 2014, 16:36
@Janpartly that's perfect, so am I :grin: A size 12 that is, not perfect :lol:

@wendyjane I agree with the advice already given. I would wear normal clothes but not too bright.
23 May 2014, 16:56
So my cousin's son's wedding is tomorrow and after all that debating about whether to wear the jacket or a wrap or what, I suspect, given the weather forecast, I will be needing the jacket, the pashmina, the cardigan and a raincoat, Nora Batty thick woolly stockings, wellies and a big umbrella!!! Will look simply marvellous!
23 May 2014, 17:02
The coat you wore the other day would look fine @Carorees if you need it! Is it outside / in a marquee / where?

Torrential downpour going on the M 62 over the Pennines - all spray and white-out, and I'm sure it hailed at one point ... Good luck with the weather anyway, and am sure you will look great whatever you wear! Just showed your pic from Sunday to my Mum, and your 'before' and she was amazed!
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 65 Next
964 posts Page 37 of 65