The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

174 posts Page 6 of 12
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12 Next
Re: Fitbit February Camp Site
15 Feb 2014, 20:38
Had my fitbit one since July, but was completely discouraged with how long it took just to get 2000 steps a day in. I couldn't believe I was that sedentary (btw, send a text to Terry=autofill for sedentary!) I was wearing it in the middle of my "boulder holder" and my husband suggested that I move it to my belt or pocket and boom! 6000 steps a day! so with a couple miles on the treadmill I'm actually going to make my 10000. all this time I thought I was lazy and I was just wearing it in the wrong place! I'm not ready to join you all on the leaderboard yet but I do enjoy reading all of your adventures in steps. It's very motivating -thanks
15 Feb 2014, 20:44
Is anyone else experiencing a big difference in steps depending on where you put your fitbit? I mostly have mine in my pocket, but it's on my bra during zumba class, when I have no pockets. I was assuming it's all the same...

And @MLCDz, what does this mean? - btw, send a text to Terry=autofill for sedentary!
15 Feb 2014, 21:25
Sorry, wendyjane. I use voice to text sometimes when I'm replying. when I said "sedentary" what came up was "send a text to Terry". I thought it was funny, but I can see I didn't explain it well. Sorry for the confusion
15 Feb 2014, 21:48
That was very funny, glad you explained. MLCDz. I must admit that my one lived in between my boobums for 6 months. Loving the fact that I don't have to remember to put my flex on, it's on all the time.
16 Feb 2014, 02:58
Thanks, @MLCDz. That was actually obvious once you explained - should have figured it out. Isn't auto correct fun.

The absolute funniest stuff on the web - and there is plenty of funny stuff - is on the damnyouautocorrect.com site. It's the best place to go when you just want to laugh until you're crying your eyes out. :smile:
16 Feb 2014, 07:15
Hi everyone! Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the Fitbit One. I think it will help me stay motivated to walk. I'm pretty good about walking TO places, but if I don't need to walk TO somewhere or have a zumba class, I tend to sit on my butt. :shock: In the past, when I had inexpensive pedometers that were usually inaccurate, they helped motivate me, at least until they quit working. :dazed:

I'm looking forward to being able to download the stats to my computer as well as monitoring my sleeping. I think that the weight I've lost so far has helped my snoring (sleep apnea?), but it will be interesting to see what shows up. At any rate, in less than a week, I should be in business. :grin:
16 Feb 2014, 09:55
So I got my fitbit one yesterday but was out, just setting it up now!
16 Feb 2014, 12:38
Congratulations Winsome and bordergirl :) Remember to let me or anyone else in the group know if you want join us on the fitbit leader board. Good luck and happy stepping.
16 Feb 2014, 14:30
Winsome should me showing up in our group leader board soon...A big wlelcome!
16 Feb 2014, 14:36
Brilliant, love newbies, let's see you climb climb climb up that leaderboard.
16 Feb 2014, 15:27
After a great start to the month, last week was a disaster in terms of steps. The combination of terrible weather and DS doing exams and needing to be delivered and collected at unusual times, meant I didn't get out for a walk at all.
Half term now so I'm hoping to get a lot more steps in.
16 Feb 2014, 15:34
I am officially a fitbit user now - thanks for the invite Linda :smile:

For the record, I'm apparently not very active today, but ACTUALLY I've been stuck behind the ironing board for blooming ages :dazed:
16 Feb 2014, 17:09
After 7 days you can select the "week" view on the Fitbit group to see how you measure up in the group. But in the end, the goal is to motivate yourself....good luck!
16 Feb 2014, 17:23
Hello to those with new fitbits :)

After having a pretty inactive week due to pulling a muscle in my ribs, I had a lovely (but slow!) long walk today... and forgot my fitbit!! Arghhhh! :( going to try enter it manually.

x
16 Feb 2014, 22:59
Hello newbies. I am also on half term Hols, so hoping to get my C25K back up to speed. The competitor in me is very happy with my position on the leaderboard- past 7 days 9th for active mins. I seem to always have a better active mins score than anything else. But like I've said before this is just what I'm doing normally, not trying to beat anyone else. Because I am not in the same league as our top spot holders. Hats off to them I say. :victory:
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12 Next
174 posts Page 6 of 12