The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1198 posts Page 73 of 80
Previous 1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 80 Next
Re: Insomniacs' tent...
01 Dec 2014, 04:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGcNx8nV8U&sns=em

Lovely song... for anyone calling by the Tent..@lizbean @Debs @rawkaren..or any other nocturnal creatures...

Here's the lyrics too, i think they're lovely..
SHINING LIGHT by ASH..
"Roman candles that burn in the night,
Yeah, you are a shining light.
You lit a torch in the infinite,
Yeah, you light up my life.

You have always been a thorn in their side,
But to me you're a shining light.
You arrive and the night is alive,

We made a connection,
A full on chemical reaction,
Brought by dark divine intervention,
A constellation once seen,
Over Royal David's city,
An epiphany you burn so pretty,

You are a force
You are a constant source,
Incandescent in the darkest night,
My mortal blood I would sacrifice,
For you are a shining light.
Sovereign bride of the infinite,
Yeah, you are a shining light,

We made a connection,
Over Royal David's city,

These are the days you often say
There's nothing that we cannot do,
Beneath a canopy of stars
I'd shed blood for you.
The north star in the firmament,
You shine the most bright.
I've seen you draped in an electric veil
Shrouded in celestial light.

We made a connection,
Over Royal David's city,
Yeah, you are a shining light,
Yeah, you light up my life."
01 Dec 2014, 04:51
Lovely @candicemarie. Still awake?
01 Dec 2014, 04:56
Yup! Listening to the Killers and chatting online to Beau who has been asleep but woken too early
Having trouble with his sinuses and waking all the time all snuffly..poor lamb
Am cautiously thinking maybe my eyes are getting a bit heavy....x x
01 Dec 2014, 08:40
Aw, thanks @CandiceMarie - yep off to work, 'running on empty' (Jackson Browne) :wink: hoping a long Xmas break will sort out my poor sleeping.
02 Dec 2014, 00:51
Meh. I'm averaging about 20-40minutes at a time before I wake most nights. At least I do this several times in a night but it doesn't feel particularly restful.

Pshaw. Off to sing myself a lullaby (inside my own head, of course).
02 Dec 2014, 02:59
You have my sympathy @SSure ..i do that a lot,its so frustrating and i find it even more unrestful than no sleep at all..tonight i slept from about ten thirty til 12.20 and ive been lying in bed trying to get back to sleep since then.
I 've just had about three months of good sleep so its disheartening to find myself having bad nights again.. Gahhh!
Hope youve dropped off again now..i' m gonna put the radio on quietly and hope it sends me off to sleep again. Sweet dreams!
Ps on a lighter note,it was funny when i fell asleep between ten and twelve..after a fasting day i was dreaming i was eating a huge bar of chocolate! :0) x
02 Dec 2014, 03:45
CandiceMarie wrote: it was funny when i fell asleep between ten and twelve..after a fasting day i was dreaming i was eating a huge bar of chocolate! :0) x

@CandiceMarie I must dream but I never recall them. I've often read that people dream about food - so I don't know whether I'm missing out by not remembering such dreams or if it's a huge help to me. :)
02 Dec 2014, 04:48
busy in here tonight. I should have checked in myself last night. I woke up at 2am and did not get back to sleep. Worrying about what was going on at home and also I have trapped a nerve in my neck and it was so painful every time I moved. Hoping to sleep well tonight. :bugeyes:
02 Dec 2014, 09:46
More worries for you re FIL @rawkaren
Trapped nerve sounds horrid,hope youre now sleeping as i type x
Loved yr quote !x
04 Dec 2014, 23:27
Popping in to say I was able to sleep 5 hours for the last two nights so I'm hoping that is the beginning of reining it in. Fingers crossed. How about you rawkaren, ssure and candicemarie - no tagging .. to avoid walking you.
04 Dec 2014, 23:50
Oh thats good Liz!
Last night i managed a few hrs
In bed now looking for something soothing on the radio to( hopefully ) drop off to!
Good luck everyone who has probs sleeping
Night night x
image.jpg
image.jpg (23.75 KiB) Viewed 401 times
05 Dec 2014, 00:36
I'm lurking here today to sprinkle fairy dust!! Actually, more Pilbara red dust!
05 Dec 2014, 05:26
Good old World Service, my faithful companion. Getting very bored with sleepless nights :(
Is this what they say about babies, they're too tired to sleep? Always thought that was stupid, but I'm now wondering!
05 Dec 2014, 10:36
Hi AnnieD hope you got to sleep in the end..i think you CAN get overtired,too tired to sleep coz you can't relax enough to drop off..i agree re World Service..i also look on radio iplayer for a quiet play or anything soothing.
A few years ago i managed to reset my body clock ..took months and was very tedious..whatever happened, i had to go to bed same time,get up same time..no matter how bored,had to stay lying in darkness and silence..
After several months i was in a pattern of sleeping from about midnight to around eight o clock,which was fine. However after a while, i started to have probs again,but now i get up if the radio doesn't do the trick...read,potter,even come on here,life's too short to lie looking at the ceiling for hours! X
05 Dec 2014, 23:21
Bless you @Candicemarie, thank you for caring xx

I'm not sure I could have the strength to reset my bodyclock, that sounds VERY difficult . I'm always convinced that it's only temporary, except it isn't.

Tell me fellow insomniacs, does worrying keep you awake? And by worrying, I refer to real and imaginary worryings. That's to say; if there's nothing really sufficiently worrying in your life, at 4am your mind will invent something, and no amount of logic will banish it .... ?
Previous 1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 80 Next
1198 posts Page 73 of 80