The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1198 posts Page 75 of 80
Previous 1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 80 Next
Re: Insomniacs' tent...
08 Jan 2015, 20:14
Hmmm, so she says:

I also used it to relax in the moments leading up to the speech.

& later on:

I can never remember getting past the first set of 4-7-8.

hmmmm doesn't sound like "relaxing" to me.

And, in between:

but if you stick to the numbers (or at least try to), and don’t take any breaks (in other words, consecutively repeat the 4-7-8 without resuming regular breating)

So how do you do it consecutively if you never get past the first one?!
14 Jan 2015, 03:26
Hmm..anybody pokin' round the tent?
@debs is it yr bday soon?
@AnnieD no the 4-7-8 isnt doing it for me either..otherwise i wdnt be hangin round this godforsaken tent waaaaarghhh!
21 Jan 2015, 04:44
Kinda quiet here these days, I guess that's a good thing!

I've just had a peek out of the window & although it's pitch dark you can clearly see that it's snowed again, gonna be a difficult drive into work in a couple of hours.

Take care everyone
21 Jan 2015, 09:07
@AnnieD you were awake early,or hadnt you been asleep? :confused:
Yeh it IS good that this tent is so often empty these days isnt it! I ' m sleeping better but having lots of nightmares and bad dreams,or exhaustingly busy dreams!
Last night i was trying to get to a " prom"! Wearing my Mother of the Bride outfit! :lol:
Of course,in the frustrating way of dreams, i couldnt get there..i was on and off buses and trains,not getting any closer.just as well really, a bit too long in the tooth for a prom,plus the Mother of the Bride outfit would have looked out of place! :lol:
22 Jan 2015, 01:38
Hi @AnnieD@CandiceMarie :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Annie I saw your early morning post I but had to get my head into work mode, so apols for not responding I did not sleep one wink last night and here I am again at 1.30am. :shock: arriving into second night.... I am off to sleep as soon as I write this post. Candice I never dream, I think my brain gives up at that point through sheer exhaustion! I hope you both sleep like logs tonight!
I feel if I post in the tent I'll wake everyone up AND myself, which is very silly as Debs gets up at 4.30am :grin:
A friend has lent me some audio books, so I'm planning on chilling out in bed every night ..... just like when Mum and Dad told me a night time story when I was little and I'd drift off in a relaxed state ....... Annie and Candy have you tried tapes?
Sleep well everyone. Liz x PS some fasters have associated sleeping probs to fasting, grumbly tummy etc. My insomnia lies elsewhere for sure.
22 Jan 2015, 01:51
I'm stll here, sprinkling red dust!
23 Jan 2015, 02:20
Thanks @Deb I love red!
BTW - My Mum is coming up 90 this year and recently has had trouble waking at 2-3am. We have raised the foot of the bed and she is now sleeping like a log. She says it's 'fabulous'.
Off to sleep, wishing you all well. xx
25 Jan 2015, 04:58
@Candicemarie I LOVE busy dreams, my best ones are always based around houses, I wish I could make them happen, when I have them I REALLY don't want to wake up.
@Lizbean have the audio books helped? I love reading but have never tried an audio book. We always have the World Service on all night, it serves 2 purposes (1) something to listen to if you're bored & (2) sometimes you realise that you've missed part of a program & that makes you feel better as you realise that you're not totally sleepless! It's serving purpose n° 1 today.
Maybe I'm just excited about trying out my new western saddle on my boy tomorrow!!

Hope everyone else is sleeping :heart:
25 Jan 2015, 11:15
@AnnieD they say that when we dream of houses, each room represents a different part of our personalities!
Funny you mentioned audio books,for the first time last night, i listened to one,really enjoyed it but missed the end as had fallen asleep! Result!
Yes i listen to Wrld Service too and its a good feeling when you find later that you dropped off midlisten! X
25 Jan 2015, 13:04
@AnnieD @CandiceMarie glad to hear the audio book worked last night! :like: That's encouraging ....I have not yet tried as since my night of 'no sleep' I have slept - probably my body is in catch up mode. My plan is to introduce a bedtime routine, I have always been a bit of a night bird and I think reining it in to 11.30pm, Horlicks and audio book might help. Let's see.
Hope the saddle is a success Annie.
25 Jan 2015, 14:17
I too@lizbean am a night owl and come from a family of nightbirds
Despite ill health, i nearly always feel a little bit better at night x
How interesting about Taskers! I' ll see it in a different lightniw!
Robert Haworth 's son is rather groovy if you dont mind me saying so ! X
Its a great store,sells everything and very good staff!
25 Jan 2015, 14:41
This is similar to a breathing technique that our exercise instructor practices with us occasionally and recommends as a stress reliever, especially while walking. It's hard to remember our worries and stresses while counting inhales and exhales and walking, all simultaneously. I'm anxious to give it try for insomnia!

Thanks for the link!
25 Jan 2015, 18:22
Gonna be not sleeping, but not posting either. Right collarbone broke, left wrist broken. SEVERE PAIN :(
25 Jan 2015, 18:33
Oh no, @AnnieD! Did you have a fall from your boy? Surely not the western saddle - that couldn't have caused it, could it? I've broken a few bones over the years - one a year for three years when I returned to riding in my thirties but I haven't ridden for the last fifteen years so have remained intact! How did you manage to put both arms out of commission? You are going to need a lot of help! :frown:
I do hope that you're feeling better soon and the pain isn't too bad. We'll be thinking about you! Take care! Hugs coming your way. :hugleft: :hugright:
25 Jan 2015, 18:40
Ohhh no @AnnieD so very sorry to hear this!
Sending hugs xx
image.jpg
image.jpg (41.69 KiB) Viewed 594 times
Previous 1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 80 Next
1198 posts Page 75 of 80