The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

334 posts Page 13 of 23
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23 Next
Re: Really Short People Tent
24 Dec 2013, 04:56
Merry Christmas to all other vertically challenged people, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by those you love most. I certainly will be doing just that, with most of our family members getting together for the evening meal here at our place.
31 Dec 2013, 05:27
Hell - o-o -o ! Where did all the shorties go over Christmas week..they arent in the Teeny Tent..
Have they all eaten lots of sprouts and sprouted inches and now legging off to a Taller Tent? :confused:
31 Dec 2013, 06:00
Ate lots of sprouts and carrots, but I didn't grow and my hair didn't curl and I can't see in the dark. Someone lied to me when I was five :confused:
I'm sure the tinies will come out of the woodwork come 2014 and will stand up (on a stool) for their tiny rights as ever :razz: :lol: :lol:
Happy New Year one and all!!!
31 Dec 2013, 06:15
When I was a kid, my parents wouldn't let me have coffee because it would stunt my growth. Well, I didn't drink coffee, and guess what...I'm still 4'10" :lol: :lol: :lol:
31 Dec 2013, 07:27
I have decided to embrace my height next year, and wear more flat shoes. Seem to be struggling with heels these days. :lol:
01 Jan 2014, 22:23
Many is the year since I wore heels of any significance, rawkaren:). At 68, comfort is the key for me, clotheswise and shoewise, and I am proud to make the statement :D

Onwards and downwards in 2014 everyone!
02 Jan 2014, 07:07
wedges, rawkaren!
I can't do heels as my feet are awful and I just fall off them. I have height enhancing wedges that i can wear for about 5 minutes. My flat shoes usually have thickish soles so I look a bit taller than I am. When I take them off I seem really wee!
Beloved is 6'6" and I'm not. If he has his steelies (steel toecapped boots) on he seems more than a mile high!
02 Jan 2014, 07:41
janeg wrote: wedges, rawkaren!
I can't do heels as my feet are awful and I just fall off them. I have height enhancing wedges that i can wear for about 5 minutes. My flat shoes usually have thickish soles so I look a bit taller than I am. When I take them off I seem really wee!
Beloved is 6'6" and I'm not. If he has his steelies (steel toecapped boots) on he seems more than a mile high!

Possibly! Although I alwYs end up kicking my ankles to death in them. I'm not a very elegant walker at the best of times but I might give them a go again. Can't see the point of those wedge 'trainers' though! My OH is 6'3 so we do look a bit like an odd couple :lol:
02 Jan 2014, 08:25
Me too rawkaren, mine is 6'4" but I can't wear any sort of heel these days either and am unlikely to catch up with him now! The steel toe-caps don't add much either!
Odd couples...
02 Jan 2014, 15:54
Interesting... Do all of us vertically challenged ladies have tall OHs? Mine is 6 foot 2 (well, he was - he's shrinking, but still over 6 foot, just). We make a very odd couple too, especially as I'm "taller" than him when we're sitting down (his height is all in his lovely legs). Have shocked more than one onlooker when we've been met sitting down and then we've later stood up together :)
02 Jan 2014, 15:58
Hubs and I must be the exception to the rule then as he's only small like me! We'd make a lovely pair of diddy bookends! :wink: :razz:
02 Jan 2014, 18:18
Me too, @Callyanna. My hubs is 5'6"ish. He used to be an inch or two taller, but has back problems that seem to be shrinking him. He's a whiner, too. Short men can't be really successful etcetera. There is some truth there, but I think in the greater scheme of things, short stature is a pretty minor problem to have...
02 Jan 2014, 18:24
wendyjane wrote: Me too, @Callyanna. My hubs is 5'6"ish. He used to be an inch or two taller, but has back problems that seem to be shrinking him. He's a whiner, too. Short men can't be really successful etcetera. There is some truth there, but I think in the greater scheme of things, short stature is a pretty minor problem to have...

SNAP! @wendyjane My hubs has spondylitis in his spine and reckons his back problems have made him shrink. You know the old saying though, 'Good stuff comes in small packages!' :shock: :lol:
02 Jan 2014, 18:33
@callyanna i cant believe youre only short..you look so willowy
You are indeed " petite" in the loveliest way,while i am just dumpy..used to be 5' 3.. Now only about 5'2 ..and as wide as i am tall hehe!
My gentleman caller likes to think he is 5' 9" but i reckon he is only about 5' 7" :grin: :lol:
My friend complained to me about a guy she went on a blind date with...she reported back he was attractive but too short
Anyway she agreed to make up a foursome with me and my then partner..we walked into the pub,where her new beau was seated at the bar...looking rather foxy i thought..
" He's nice! " i whispered to my friend excitedly..just then,he spotted us and stood up...
Oh dear,he was no taller standing than he had been sitting on the stool.. :shock:
My friend is only 4 ft eleven and he was no taller,bless him.
02 Jan 2014, 19:39
Hey, @Callyanna, my hubs has the same condition (I think). Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis. Can never remember either of these words, never mind how to spell them. Unfortunately he's in a lot of pain, and there's a limit to the pain meds we can get these days - doctors are encouraged not to prescribe narcotics believing that everyone will become an addict. Frustrating.

Also, Callyanna, I dreamt last night that we met. I wasn't surprised at all that we live on different continents but managed to bump into each other. I think I need more real world interaction :smile: We're having all the neighbors over on Saturday for a potluck, so that should help ground me in reality :lol: :lol: :lol:
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23 Next
334 posts Page 13 of 23