334 posts Page 15 of 23
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23 Next
Re: Really Short People Tent
05 Jan 2014, 23:22
Orange of course!

Is Pilbara red dirt really red (or orange?) :wink:
05 Jan 2014, 23:25
It is really red and absolutely stunning, although not when I am covered in it! I am thinking of a new cosmetic line, Pilbara face packs :oops:
I shall try and post some piccies.
06 Jan 2014, 08:10
um *engage stupid mode* pilbara? what is this please ...
06 Jan 2014, 09:30
No problem! It is a beautiful, remote area of north west Western Australia, well known for its national parks, e.g. Karijini, and the mining up here, mostly iron ore. It is pretty dangerous if you get lost out here and people do die if they don't prepare before making long journeys into the desert. I am close to Port Hedland on the coast, WA's cyclone alley.
06 Jan 2014, 12:18
aahhhh, now it becomes clear Thanks :D
12 Jan 2014, 22:30
Morning Shrimps of the world!!
Anyone else out there who wants to come into our tiny tent? 5'3" and under will gain you admission. I think that equates to 152cm, never sure! [actually it's 160cm - carorees]
I am finding weight loss very hard for some reason, maybe being short and not having much to lose it conspiring against me, but I keep trying, and hey, it is saving me money!!
13 Jan 2014, 00:18
Hi! A big hello to everyone from a newbie.

I'm 4ft 11... 5ft if I have great posture ;)

My daily calorie requirement is: 1,262!

It's so hard to eat less than I need to lose weight. While I went through a rough patch I went from 7 stone to 10.5 stone in weight, gaining half my body weight.

It has taken me a slow 3 years to get back down to 7stone 9lbs... So I have 9lbs to go. I'm hoping that fasting will be right for me, reducing my overall calories without having to go stupidly low every day just to lose.

I've fasted three times this week and lost 3lbs in my first week. The plan is to reduce fasting days when I reach goal weight and maintain that pattern for life.

Robyn
13 Jan 2014, 00:31
Welcome girlwonder, you don't have to duck to get inside that's for sure!!!!
And I love the fact you are shorter than me! I did the same as you a few years ago, and shot up to 10st something. I have been stranded on 9st 7 for a while now and just can't get rid of it, but am still trying!
I agree on the 1262 cals, that is pretty depressing if you want to go out and have fun occasionally! Mine creeps down and is around 1550 cals but I myst admit, I don't calorie count, but just try and be healthy. I'm sure I would lose more if I paid close attention, but the reason I do this is so I can have a life!!!
Good luck Robyn.
13 Jan 2014, 00:38
Hi Debs :)

It can definitely be depressing! Other people seem to drop weight almost effortlessly... And I'm weighing everything I eat and it's taken me years! It went on so quickly, too! Well I'm hoping to get away from that...

I am very rigid with my breakfasts and lunches... Very healthy and low calorie. But then I eat whatever I like for my main meal. That seems to be a balance I can live with as a shorty! I'm just hoping the fasting works for me as the health benefits would be welcome, too.

I'll drop in here as I progress lose my last 9lbs... I will absolutely be celebrating when I get there!
13 Jan 2014, 00:47
That is about the amount I'd like to lose as well. Moral suppport then all round!
I now skip brekky as I am no longer hungry in the mornings. Although give me lovely toast and Marmite and I can capitulate :wink:
13 Jan 2014, 13:43
Just callin in to say hi Teeny Tiny Tentees..havent been here for a while x
Welcome Girlwonder to our Shorty Shrimp Sanctuary! X
Erm... Havent got anything to say really..I' m still 5 ft 2 ish and shrinking by the minute to even shorter,still Secretary of the United Nations :lol: :lol: :geek:
13 Jan 2014, 20:35
Hi shorties, I'm still around (or round anyway :frown: )
Had a fall from grace over Christmas and am back on the bandwagon again now having lost the Christmas excesses. Since commencing this plan (end of November) I have lost only net 3kg (just think what that number would have been had I not indulged over Christmas!!)

So HOT here in Aus right now, and terribly dry in our area. I expect the water restrictions will be tightened very soon!

Have a great day all!
13 Jan 2014, 20:58
HI - room for another one? I'm only 5'2" and I can't do heels so I'm always short! Other half is quite tall (ex was taller!) but I like nuzzling into his chest when we cuddle! I've never minded being short - have always thought it is easier than being tall (can shorten clothes but can't lengthen) - I try to look on the bright side!
13 Jan 2014, 21:50
Welcome, @Madcatlady! I don't wear heels either, and you've got 4 inches on me. :smile:
I've never minded being short, but was a bit relieved that my daughters ended up over 5' (barely). That's a bit easier even when shortening clothes.
15 Jan 2014, 09:31
Hiya, can I come in the tent? Another Scorpio and 5'2 (and wide no doubt!). I just started this week so am all enthusiastic at the moment . Let's hope it lasts!
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23 Next
334 posts Page 15 of 23