The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

334 posts Page 16 of 23
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23 Next
Re: Really Short People Tent
15 Jan 2014, 09:54
Of course baby fish! We certainly are well represented by Scorpios!!
15 Jan 2014, 18:35
Your avatar is cute, @Babyfish. Welcome.

This November we'll have to have one hell of a blowout party!
20 Jan 2014, 05:33
Morning all,
Expecting to welcome a few more shorties to the tent for short conversations!!
21 Jan 2014, 17:24
Copied from Anwyl, when I realized it belonged here...

When I was a child my mother called me "Monkeyshines Beanpole" followed by my full name, Wendy..... I just remembered this recently.

Was she being ironic? Did she even know what irony was in the 1960's? I was, after all, the smallest 9 year old around...

When I was even younger, and looked like a toddler, my parents taught me to say "don't draw conclusions from insufficient evidence" to people who treated me like one. Bet I blew some folks away! I should post this in the short tent..
21 Jan 2014, 19:03
wendyjane wrote: II'm approaching my goal weight and thinking that maintenance is going to be harder than regular 5:2 has been.

Okay, peeps, this is what I wrote in early October. I suddenly realized my tracker shows a great function - approaching a limit which can never be reached - any calculus fans out there??? It's quite astonishing actually - I'm pretty sure I haven't changed my fast or non fast days, yet when I wrote the above I had three and a half pounds to go, and two months later I had half a pound to go, and now, nearly two months after that, I STILL have half a pound to go...

sa_interp_pntinterp_hiw_graph_idw.gif
sa_interp_pntinterp_hiw_graph_idw.gif (1.34 KiB) Viewed 441 times

Of course, I am perfectly happy with my new size, it's really more the principle of the thing. I just want to be "done" and officially on maintenance.

@Carorees, I don't know if you've ever crawled into this tent to say hi, but as our official brain, I thought I'd ping you so you could appreciate my calculus analogy :smile:

edit: Of course my line does intersect the y axis...
21 Jan 2014, 19:15
I know it's a bit late as this thread has already got to page 16 but can I join pretty please? I'm 5ft 2in so I think I qualify.

edit
I'm a scorpio too x
21 Jan 2014, 19:24
We may be on page 16, but the party is going strong. Welcome, @coffeetime!
21 Jan 2014, 22:00
wendyjane wrote:
wendyjane wrote: II'm approaching my goal weight and thinking that maintenance is going to be harder than regular 5:2 has been.

Okay, peeps, this is what I wrote in early October. I suddenly realized my tracker shows a great function - approaching a limit which can never be reached - any calculus fans out there??? It's quite astonishing actually - I'm pretty sure I haven't changed my fast or non fast days, yet when I wrote the above I had three and a half pounds to go, and two months later I had half a pound to go, and now, nearly two months after that, I STILL have half a pound to go...

sa_interp_pntinterp_hiw_graph_idw.gif

Of course, I am perfectly happy with my new size, it's really more the principle of the thing. I just want to be "done" and officially on maintenance.

@Carorees, I don't know if you've ever crawled into this tent to say hi, but as our official brain, I thought I'd ping you so you could appreciate my calculus analogy :smile:

edit: Of course my line does intersect the y axis...

Think I only have to duck my head slightly to get in (5ft4)!
Surely it's inevitable that if you don't change anything your progress will flat line? But whether it necessarily follows an exponential curve I'm not sure. Probably @P-JK is the right person to ping on this!
21 Jan 2014, 22:02
Welcome @coffeetime climb aboard! XX
Hope you're feeling a bit better x
21 Jan 2014, 22:53
carorees wrote: Surely it's inevitable that if you don't change anything your progress will flat line? But whether it necessarily follows an exponential curve I'm not sure. Probably @P-JK is the right person to ping on this!

I see what you mean, @Carorees. I don't count my calories, and haven't through most of my time on 5:2. When I said I haven't changed anything, what I really meant is that I'm following the same routine that for months had me losing .5 - .6 pound/week. So why isn't my line (relatively) linear like it used to be? Why am I flat lining? The only reasonable explanation is that I haven't reduced my non-fast day calories enough to compensate for my reduced weight. And since I'm not counting them, this really should not surprise me. But it does. :smile:
21 Jan 2014, 22:55
Calculus at 6.50am - it just ain't happening!!! Welcome coffeetime!
22 Jan 2014, 02:03
Debs wrote: Calculus at 6.50am - it just ain't happening!!!

Your problem, @Debs, is that you don't live in a civilized place where it's always the right time of day!

[This absurdity which just sprang from my fingers on the keyboard reminds me of a poster I had on my wall back in the '70s. The picture was of desperate looking coal miners, and the quote underneath said "They don't suffer; they can't even speak English". It was said by George Baer, a railroad industrialist, responding to a reporter's question about impossible living wages and conditions during a coal strike.]

Sorry, this doesn't qualify as either "general 5:2" or "fasting" chat.... Think I'll go make dinner now.
22 Jan 2014, 02:44
@wendyjane - my chart (which is on MFP, from when I started weight loss) looks like yours and I have been watching/counting my calories all along

I had about 2/3 pounds to lose in November and here I am two months later fluctuating by that amount; some weeks I'm +2 or 3, others I'm -2 or 3.

I'm doing 5:2 and overall maintaing my feast calories at around TDEE, so I would expect to be seeing a modest loss, and those 2 or 3 pounds should have shifted. They certainly shifted faster at the beginning but may be its because I had more to lose?

I'd love to get to the bottom of this because what I'm worried about is that sticking to my TDEE and having a deficit of 1500 a week is just enough for me to maintain my weight - that would be sad :cry: :cry: :cry:
22 Jan 2014, 02:52
Indeed, we might both have to be sad, @Jeninboston. I'm thinking I'll continue with 5:2 for maintenance, but one day will be a strict fast day, another will be a modified one - maybe 6 -700 calories. I would hope that would be "good enough" to allow me to stay the same weight.

PS Getting much snow?
22 Jan 2014, 07:37
why not plug your numbers into the prediction tool that P-JK created? You'll find it stickied in resources and links. resources-links-f3/estimate-your-weight-loss-t8543.html
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23 Next
334 posts Page 16 of 23