The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

193 posts Page 10 of 13
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Hey @Swuddly Welcome back and Congratulations on the birth of your lovely daughter :heart: :victory: :pig2: :panda: :monkey: :koala: :dog2: :dog: :bunny:
Wow well done that doctor on keeping an eye on you great news to be back at pre/pregnancy weight.
Good luck with your return, nothings changed except the forum layout and were getting used to it all now.
Let us all know how things are going for you. :clover: :clover:
Thank you, @Sue.Q! It's very good to be back. :)
Welcome back @swuddly, there's a challenge on the go if you fancy it. Or there's a few of kicking about most of the day if you want a bit of moral support.
Fantastic news about getting straight back to prepregnancy weight :like:
One of the biggest new additions to the site seems to be the fastonbury tents in the off topic forum. Lots of tents set up to have a poke around in :smile:
Hi gang
I'm back from my 2 weeks holidays in Spain and just checking in with you all.
After 2 fabulous weeks off life, I'm ready to get stuck back into real life again.
There's good news and bad news. Good news is I'm here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Bobshouse you may put the wet fish back in the freezer :grin: :grin: :grin: )
So already I'm a step ahead, as last year when I returned , I did not return to fasting and the rest as you all know is history.
However, the bad news is I gained 5lbs.
But I refuse to regret it as i had a wonderful holiday, I love food and I love wine and both featured prominently on my hols (not to mention the occasional pina colada!)
So the plan is 4:3, and mindful eating on non fast days (will have to get real about carb consumption on these days though, not including weekends, obviously!!!!!!)
I'm also going to sign up for the current challenge.

I see there's a few newbies, or non-newbies, but of the returning kind, like me!!!
Welcome to the thread and I love forward to catching up with you all.
Now I've got tons of reading to get through.

Good luck everyone :heart:
Whoo Hoo, its working. A bit of a blip last week with a 2lb gain, which must have been water as there is no way I over ate 6,000kcals in just a few days. On Tuesday when I weighed myself post fast I had lost that 2lb and an extra pound as well. So I'm feeling that my target of 10lb loss before I go on my hols in 7 weeks may be achievable. If not the 'Spring into fall' challenge will see me past my holidays and any weight I put on then. 6lb loss before my daughter comes home in 4 weeks is also in my sights.
Hi everyone!, I am in if you will have me :oops:
I Joined Mar 2013 at 92kilo and did ADF to get to my first interim target of 85kilo in May 2013. Then my mother became seriously ill and I returned to the UK. I managed to sort of maintainish around 85 kilo. In January, she became dangerously ill and I gained 6 kilo's over 6 weeks and I put it down to pure stress (body went into survival mode) as I was barely eating or sleeping and I was on the go constantly.
When my mother started to improve I fasted again in April 2014 doing 4:3 and when I returned home in June, I returned to this wonderful forum. I am now happy to say I am down, a hard fought for, 11 Kilos in total and I have just re-joined the gym too.
Now the hard work begins and to help with that I joined the Springing into the fall challenge! I am also hoping that all of you lovely re-starters will keep me on track so that I never fall of the fasting wagon again!
Falling off the wagon happens, its those bumps in the road, they can be little and make the journey interesting. Or they can be major and throw you off the wagon. Getting back on is what really matters.
Fell off big time this week. Am working at getting back on track next week. It has been an emotional roller coaster for a few weeks now but hope things are on the up again now.
I went to the gym last night and sat on the stationary bike and just felt utterly blah! I really, really didn't want to be there. So I said to the lads (my sons) who were there with me, come on lets grab a badminton court instead. So we did and had fun stumbling around a court. My youngest is Dyspraxic so for him to just be able to hit the shuttlecock was an achievement. For me it was coming off the court uninjured and my eldest said he had a better cardio workout than on the gym equipment. My eldest still beat me hands down, the last game was got to 13 - 4 before we were kicked out of the hall.
It was a fun change, like everything to do with 5:2, every now and again you have to shake things up a bit.
Romany05 it's lovely to have you on board, you're very welcome.
I think the key is exactly as Julieathome says, it's all about sticking with it through the ups and downs. So If you've had a week that hasn't gone as planned and fasting didn't go to well, don't let it slide into 2 weeks or longer and the next thing you've given up entirely and then before you know it your're surfing the net trying to find the next magic diet that will finally work for you. 5:2 does work, there's hundreds here living proof of it. Also keep connected with the forums. There is constant availability of support and information.
Good luck and I hope it goes really well for you this time :clover:

Julieathome, you go girl, another 2 pounds. Fair play to you :like:

Bobshouse, sorry you had a tough week. Hope you're getting back on track cause you'd been going strong a few weeks back. Are you still sticking with 5:2 as opposed to 4:3
By the way, I messaged you when I got back from hols, not sure if you got it though, sometimes my internet connection at home's not so good. Hope you're well :heart:

Well after my first week back from hols I lost 2 of the 5 pounds I gained. So I'm happy enough. Wasn't easy, as post holidays blues made me a bit lacking in motivation. But even though I didn't eat as well as I could have on my non-fast days, I'm happy that I stuck with it and happy with the loss. I'm feeling positive about next week, got some work to do If i've to hit my autumn challenge :smile:
Signed up here then had ONE successful week - probably over 500 cal but I don't mind that if I basically manage the structure of the day and eat one healthy meal...then off on holiday to Norfolk! Had hoped to keep to Wed. and Sunday fast days but on Wed was not motivated to do it.... At least I only missed one day, and now back at home, so hoping that I can do OK today then back into it properly next week. reading posts always helps motivation x
Also trying to cut out bad habit of wanting something sweet in my mouth with a cup of coffee e.g. A square of dark chocolate...as it ends up being with every drink all day.... did not take anything to the caravan last week so on the way but would still like it!! Hope to persevere on that one too...
Eyup, fasting on holidays is really difficult so I wouldn't give myself a hard time about that.
So now that you're home now get straight back into it . You've had one successful week so u know you can do it. Good luck :clover:
Thanks for the encouragement!!! yesterday went OK.... You have a good week!!
Hello,

I have been AWOL from fasting and, apart from a bit of lurking , not on the forum much. I haven't been able to motivate myself to fast and have been eating and drinking too much, so from next week I am climbing back on board.

It has been a stressful few weeks leading up to DS's IB exam results last Sunday, and although he did really well he has not completely met the requirements of his first choice Uni, so now we wait and see if they will take him. Fortunately his Insurance choice has confirmed that he can go there.

Enough wallowing from me I'm Starting Again on Monday, because as everyone know starting anything on a Friday doesn't work :smile:
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
193 posts Page 10 of 13