The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

193 posts Page 7 of 13
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13 Next
Hi everyone,
Thanks ballerina, emerald17 & Julieathome for the great support unfortunately I'm still really struggling with my chronic pain flare up :cry:
So I've decided to take a couple weeks away from fasting - I'm going to spend some time with family next week so was going to take a week off then anyway.
I feel that I really need to get over this flare up - just can't fast when I'm stuck immobile in the house like this even though I know the feel good hormones fasting brings would probably help.

Ballerina, I am quite close to Edinburgh so if there's another Edinburgh meet up I would be very interested.

Well done Julieathome for the great weight loss so far :like: :like: Keep going!

Welcome to the tent deMuralist.

So hopefully it will only be a couple of weeks before I'm starting again again again lol

As Arnie said " I'll be back" :lol:
Hi Scotty,

Sorry to hear things are not too good with you but hope things improve soon. Definitely will include you in the next Edinburgh meet up, we had such a good time, you'll love it. Take care,

Ballerina x :heart:
Hope you see big improvement soon ScottyX
We' ll be here when you return..till then,take care x
Scotty, Clean eating is what will probably help the most now, maybe avoiding grains as well. Wheat especially causes and aggravates inflammatory conditions.
Hi all.
I had 2 easy fasts this tues and thurs. However Wednesday was a disaster.
After a horrendous day in work , I came home in rotten form and ate practically everything that wasn't nailed to the floor!!! Aaaggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
This was the problem that halted my success with 5:2 first time round.
I'd been feeling so good the last 3 weeks I'd hoped i had this nonsense sorted.
It's not so much the excess calories that bother me, but the lack of control and the feeling that it leaves me with afterwards.
Anyway, no point dwelling on the past. Gotta keep plodding along but I'll try and minimise damage by being a bit more careful over the weekend.

Scotty, hope you feel better soon. Sending u a virtual hug and we'll be here waiting for u when you get back.

Great work julieathome. Keep up the good work!
@Emerald17 are you saying you tried to fast on 3 consecutive days? If so its no wonder you bombed the first time around. If not, and it was two separate weeks, then don't beat yourself up about it. The bad habits we have, have dug themselves 6 lane highways in our minds. It takes time to rub out those bad habits and comfort eating is a massive bad habit. Next time it happens try to just deny yourself whatever it is you are about to eat for just 10 minutes. Tell yourself you can eat it in ten minutes, but only if you still want it then. Hopefully by the time 10 minutes is up, you will have forgotten about it, or managed to talk to yourself about why you want it, so even if you do eat it, it will be mindful eating, not mindless eating.
@Emerald17 I have found that the best thing to do when I have had a bad day at work is not to go straight home. I either run an errand or drive around the city or stop at a park, anything to separate the work day from home. Otherwise I walk into the house and straight to the pantry. I find the separation very successful. Actually, I find it best not to go straight home from work at all. Not sure why a little separation seems to keep me out of the pantry, on fast days as well as non-fast days.
I used to binge regularly but now find I no longer want to to the same degree. I am hopeful to get rid of it altogether. It happens Emerald17. Leave it in the past and look forward. As has been said we have strong habits to change, which we can do, but not all at once. Stay with it, you will regain control.
Hi all.
Sorry at julieathome, I didn't explain myself very clearly. I fasted on tues and thurs. Wed was a feed day but I went way over my tdee. Good advice about the 10 mins. I know mindful eating Is a big part of the jigsaw, but clearly I'm still a work in progress.

Demuralist, I have to pick up my kids as soon as I finish work so always have to go home.?thanks for your thoughts though.

Bobshouse, thanks as always for your words of encouragement but don't worry I will certainly keep going. Just 1 bad day x

Have a lovely weekend everyone x
Second week of 4:3 and 16:8 and I have lost 5.5 lbs! Moogie changed my tracker back to zero so my big loss doesn't show. At last my head seems to be in the right place and I am feeling positive again - about time too as I really started all this a year last February! Lents all hope to have a good loss next week.
That's great slimmer. Well done :smile:
ok, so yesterday's non-fasting food went very well, I stayed well within my limits with nutritious food, no rummaging or scavenging for food.

Today's fast is going well also. Looking forward to a nice loss.

Yesterday I started a version of the Fast Beach Diet, which I am taking to be 6 weeks of strict 5:2, and of course I should be including movement as well (not so good at that).
Hi All
Just wanted to bid all my fellow re-starters a temporary fare-well.
I'm heading to Spain for 2 weeks with the family early tomorrow morning.
So I guess today will be my last proper fast for a while.
The plan while I'm away is to cut out breakfasts daily and try and stick to a possible 6 hr eating window. I obviously don't expect to lose any weight but hoping not to gain too much either.
Why Oh Why didn't I start back sooner (may have made it into a bikini!!!!!)
Then again Why Oh Why did I stop in the first place.
Oh well, I know what to to and fully intend to hop straight back into 4:3 on my return.
So if I haven't reported back for duty by Monday 30th July, Somebody please send me a virtual slap. @Bobshouse I'm sure I can rely on you for that.

Well done deMuralist.
Getting the fast days sorted is great, But getting the feed days sorted is even better.
Fair play to you :like:

See ya'll in 2 weeks x
Wet fish will be ready!
Hello all :smile: . I am also in this tent. Afraid I haven't read all the posts above, I don't have the energy (especially on a fast day). The main reason I had to start over again is my health. I have M.E. (Sometimes known as CFS), and so when I get another illness on top (usually some kind of virus), I tend to end up more or less bed bound, with no energy for thinking about what I'm putting in my mouth. The other issue i have is that my energy levels are very much tied in with eating, and so even having the energy to think about what to eat for a diet is almost impossible. This is why 5:2 is so good for me, I only have to be disciplined and think about what to eat for 2 days a week, and just not go mad the other days. Anyway, after being away ill for 9 months, I am now back with the hope of losing weight before my sister's wedding in May.

Good luck to all of us :clover:
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13 Next
193 posts Page 7 of 13