The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

193 posts Page 8 of 13
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13 Next
Wet fish will be ready !
Love it :lol:

Hi lizchuter .
Delighted you're joining us here .
Hope u find success this time round and if the weddings not till next May that gives you plenty of time to get back on track !
ALERT.......ALERT.......@Mariondot40 is heading this way, please pull up the drawbridges and refuse her entry, get Janeg on standby with her wet fish please :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x:heart:
That drawbridge must have been quick as she isn't here. You scared her away@Ballerina
Wooeeee! I have lost three pounds this week so that makes it 4lbs since I "came back" but nine actually as I had my tracker changed. Worth the effort.
Yeah! Congrats, @Slimmer, on your successful return!
Nice to see everyone is doing well, keep going and good luck returners

Ballerina x :heart:
After lots of thought I am going back to 5:2. I am determined to make this my way of life. My fast days are set no matter what and I have been finding it very hard on the third fast each Friday. Having read lots of posts it would seem a third fast does not make much difference to weight loss. Also I am not desperate to lose weight quickly. I know I am still too heavy but I do not want to get into diet mode. So from next week I am going back to 5:2.
Bobshouse this is what I love about IF, it is just SO flexible. Why make your life miserable when you can tweak it to suit yourself and still get to where you want to be. Good luck

I do not want to get into diet mode which is bound to fail. Twice a week fasts will be easier and I will look more carefully at what I eat on feed days. If hubby would agree I would like to lessen the home made cakes. Failing that I must be very disciplined about not eating it!
Popping into to say hello - I've not read the thread in full (yet). Welcome back 5:2 returners.
@Emerald17 happy hols to you. On fast and none fast days I mindfully remind myself the kitchen is firmly CLOSED to keep within my eating window/cals, it's really helped my discipline. It must be very challenging with busy times with work and the children, so might take you a time to find your tools. I also low carb and that has given me so much energy. Just don't give up, whatever, you will get there, slow and steady is good.

I'll pop back and read the thread soon.
@Bobshouse, I find that the switch to 5:2 from 4:3 made the program doable, for right now. I agree whole heartedly with @Ballerina about the flexibility of IF. If you come across a week where a third fast would work you can always throw it in there.

Currently, doing 2 fasts a week and watching the other 5 days a bit more closely is easier for me than adding in that 3rd fast and letting loose a bit more on the other 4. However, if I have a particularly social week, then I will throw in that extra fast.
Just bumping this thread as I feel it's SO important to keep motivation high, keep going everyone, you know you can do anything you set your little hearts on

Hi, hope no one minds me joining in this thread.

I am back fasting today for the first time in about a year (where did that go?)

Last year I lost 8lbs on 5:2 and then for some reason I can't remember just stopped! Of course the weight has gone back on and after a particularly foody and drinky weekend I have decided enough is enough and I am back!

So far this morning I have had hotwater and lemon and that is all so far! If I have a coffee I know I will fancy something to eat with it - a bad habit I have got into!

I have walked the dog (a new addition) since I was last here and now face a day of working from home with not too much to do - will have to make sure I find things to keep my mind off food!

Wish me luck!
Must put a new picture up too as I have had my hair cut since I was last on here!!
I am finding that after the first 2 fasts of the week I am showing a loss (of weight) but not after the Friday one. So maybe the extra is not needed. I do find though that having too many free days between fasts pushes me into being a bit of a pig. I may switch it down to 2 X 500kcal or less fasts a week with Friday being a fast till dinner time but then a less restrictive meal. I will see what I feel like on Friday.
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13 Next
193 posts Page 8 of 13