The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

193 posts Page 9 of 13
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Fab idea! This is my first fast after falling off the wagon a while ago. I stopped when I went on holiday and never got back into it! First fast going ok so far. Fingers crossed for everyone xxx
@Julieathome that is similar to what I am trying to do. I do the <500 calorie fasts on Tuesday and Friday, and since I don't eat at work and I also work on Wednesday, I fast until dinner on that day. I am also trying a stricter regime for the next 5 weeks now where I stay under 1,800 calories on my non-fasting days but allowing for one day I can go up to my TDEE of 2,100. Kind of a kick start.
Hello!

Opening up the tent flap and peeking in <> :grin:

When I got the email about the new site, I thought......hmmm......why did I wander away? I do remember not being successful over a year ago.....maybe 2 years ago now. My weight has gone way up and now is on it's way back down thanks to low carbs and LOTS of exercise. I need to dispense with another 25 lbs or so and doing it the 5:2 way seems like a plan!

My weight tracker is totally messed up because of the length of time since my last visit, but that doesn't matter, I guess. The funny thing is that it suggests that I won't reach my goal until 2018 based on my rate of loss. :wink: Totally understandable since it shows it has taken me a year or 2 to lose 5 lbs!

I look forward to following along with everyone here. I'm still "learning" the new site and will no doubt pop up here and there in different threads. See you soon!
Here I am yet again. I don't really know why I disappear and come back! I need to get my head around being able to stay here, even when I'm struggling.
My aim is to stay :clover:
My second week back went very well. Tomorrow's weight is the official one, but I reached a low weight that I passed by rather quickly in the end of March as I was gaining weight, but last October on the way down. So I am happy to be headed in the right direction this time!
Welcome @Lori!

This is a great place for support, advice, encouragement & friendship. When you get some time, have a good read of the forum - there's so much on here!

If you think you might benefit from it, today is the start of a new (14 week) challenge that some members of this forum like to sign up for. It is called The SPRINGing into FALL challenge - have a look at the thread and you will get the picture. It is not a competition though! You set your own goal once you have worked out what you think is do-able! I have joined in with the past 2 challenges and have just signed up for the new one. As far as I am concerned, it keeps me focused and accountable to myself - which has got to be good!

Best of luck to you!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
I forgot to say, you could request to have your Tracker reset to reflect starting again. Again, there is a recent thread all about contacting the administrators to do just that - so have a look for it.

It will be more motivating to start afresh...I would think!

Best wishes

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
HOPEFULLY starting again. Did 5:2 for a few months last year with my husband. After a holiday he dropped out, and my various attempts at getting back to it have all failed. Feel so hungry and light headed whenever I try...but it HAD become relatively easy the first time round. Need to somehow get through the first 2-3 weeks successfully to get back on track.. Failed again last week. will try again this Wednesday and Sunday.....
eyup wrote: HOPEFULLY starting again. Did 5:2 for a few months last year with my husband. After a holiday he dropped out, and my various attempts at getting back to it have all failed. Feel so hungry and light headed whenever I try...but it HAD become relatively easy the first time round. Need to somehow get through the first 2-3 weeks successfully to get back on track.. Failed again last week. will try again this Wednesday and Sunday.....

Hi @eyup, I am also back after doing quite well sept/oct last year. I've signed up to the spring into fall challenge for the motivation and support. Perhaps we'll see you there? :clover:
did sign up for the challenge, finding it hard to navigate around the site ! haha...
eyup wrote: did sign up for the challenge, finding it hard to navigate around the site ! haha...

I am struggling a bit. I'm sure I used to have the option to quickly see a list of my posts, along with which had views or replies. I now struggle to find them as I need to click on each of my posts and scroll through to see if anyone has replied.
I think practice will make it easier :clover:
Yes, it is this TENT that I struggle to find the most! Hope you are otherwise doing OK
not sure if this will help, but, over to the left there is a list in red letters, under the heading "Forum Menu" it is under the ad. And at the bottom of that list is "view your posts" then it shows all the forums that you have posted in. If the arrow to the left is green then there has been a post after yours. On the right side of the forum title it give the name of the last person who posted.

I have not figured out how to go to my last post in a forum though. I generally go to the last page and then scroll back to find my last post and start reading from there.
@deMuralist
deMuralist wrote: not sure if this will help, but, over to the left there is a list in red letters, under the heading "Forum Menu" it is under the ad. And at the bottom of that list is "view your posts" then it shows all the forums that you have posted in. If the arrow to the left is green then there has been a post after yours. On the right side of the forum title it give the name of the last person who posted.

I have not figured out how to go to my last post in a forum though. I generally go to the last page and then scroll back to find my last post and start reading from there.

Hi, I am on an iPad and don't appear to have the forum menu option :-/ (I suspect user issues :wink: )
I'm back, after taking a 15 month break. I found out I was pregnant, not long after starting the program last year. Pregnancy went very well, and I was below my pre-pregnancy weight just a few days post-partum (my doctor was a beast about not gaining weight, and while I found it thoroughly annoying, I'm glad that she was so strict). I really enjoyed this way of eating, before it was so rudely interrupted by my sweet daughter ;-) , so I thought I'd try it again. I think it will yield the best results for me, with my current schedule. I won't miss meals with my family, and I know that it won't be crazy-making for me.
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
193 posts Page 9 of 13