The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 27 of 47
Previous 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 47 Next
Now, now ladies :lol: . If I ever find that magic wand I don't want any fighting over it. I'll make sure there is enough magic to round everyone.

@Doodle, just had a look at your chart and your plateau started on 20th July = 8 months, mine started on 24th August = 7 months. I know you don't want to win this one but blimey you are no. 1 in plateau land.

You've got me wondering about the winter/weather/SAD thing. Up here we have had a non winter. I think I prefer it when we have a really cold snowy winter then the change to spring is more pronounced. It may well have something to do with my mood.
I think we ought to revive the fairy dust tent again - complete with Tinkerbel (and @Wendy Darling of course) - we need a bit of the magic dust spread around as widely as possible covering all surfaces :bugeyes:

Either that or Samantha from 'Bewitched' :wink:
Forgot to show you these.

Scones.jpg

Frangipane.jpg

Served lightly dusted with whipped cream :razz: .

And I wonder why I can't lose weight :doh: .
wildmissus wrote: @Doodle, just had a look at your chart and your plateau started on 20th July = 8 months, mine started on 24th August = 7 months. I know you don't want to win this one but blimey you are no. 1 in plateau land.

Thank you - I was beginning to think I was moaning about nothing when I got told to B-off!

By the way, your baking looks absolutely devine :razz: Wouldn't mind helping you make some of that disappear, even without a magic wand!
x
Oh no @Doodle, you are not moaning over nothing and I don't think Sue meant anything by it. It's just that there is an awful lot of frustration in this tent.

I will need help eating our makes as there is a tart left and 9 scones. Oldest daughter is home now (the one that looks like a rake and eats like a horse) so there might not be much left by the morning.
looks yummy and very delicious @wildmissus - and my mother is watering!!

My husband is just having some hot buttered fruit toast for breakfast, and I am of course fasting until midday!

Enjoy the very delicious looking tart and scones.

cheers Maggie :smile: :smile:
Sorry @Doodle didn't mean to offend you
and Silverdarling tried to warn me but to late :shock:
I do seem to become a nasty person on a Saturday night.
But I must start looking at peoples charts before I open it!!!
:heart: :heart:

Your baking does look delicious @wildmissus and as you've been doing 3 zero fast per week I'm sure you are entitled to one or two and at least you'll get help with them.
I'm a scenic route traveler, ever since i stated 5:2. I've learnt so much on this WOE, how to fast, how to do 16:8 and how to plan meals more carefully.
My walking is a "stroll" and my carbs are slowly coming down from crqazy heights. My calorie allowance is steady at slightly above and below.
My body feels different, but the scales have taken away the 4 pounds I did lose.
I'm left thinking my issue is carbs. If I plateau for months I'm determined to still come here and be with you all. At least i've not gained weight.
I feel like I'm getting on top of things but we shall see.....off on my stroll over at the beach.

have a good evening/day.
Jo :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
When I was going through a bit of a battle a few weeks ago, I think what helped me was to make sure I stayed on here and to keep trying, and if I fall, pick myself and try again.

The last week I have regained some focus thanks to the shock I received at the Diabetes clinic, it's helped me to watch the carbs count and the calories and keep away from sugary items, and this morning I have had my best blood sugar reading for some several weeks.

So what I am doing now is currently working and now I know I need to STAY focused with this WOE, keep with the 16/8 and be true to myself.

@Jo05 - sounds like you are getting on top of this, and I hoped you enjoyed your stroll on the beach you lucky thing!

cheers Maggie :smile:
You're really getting to grips @Maggiee And yes the forum does keep us focused.
I'm retuning to 4:3 on Monday this was my success last year but I've learned they need to be "true" fasts I actually got away with lots and now its pay back time.

@Jo05 Your have made lots of big changes + yes walking on the beach how lucky you are all I get is angry cows in must fields. :shock: well done and you will reap the rewards sooner or later either on the scales or tape measure or as I've done with health issues.
All we can do is keep the good work up eating healthily lower carbs to what we used to and then something
will give.
Bed time for me (1 hour less must change clock now)
Then a walk with the cows tomorrow and doing a 20:4 with probably 3 courses mothers day meal inc wine.
:clover: :clover:
Hello ladies. Oh a competition!! On second thoughts, not one I want to join in on!

@Maggiee, it's really good you have got your health problems looked at by professionals so you have some focus now, and thank you for your lovely words. Humour is the best way I know of managing things and covering my confusion :wink:

Having cut back my liquid intake to manageable levels I don't feel quite so bloated which is a nice change, and I am not up weeing for victory every night! The battery in my scales have died so I can't check, but I feel slightly better for it. Still laying off the carbs, mostly!
Maggiee wrote: looks yummy - and my mother is watering!!
Maggie :smile: :smile:

incontinence pads should solve the problem :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
And big knickers!!!!!
Silverdarling wrote: And big knickers!!!!!

Because thongs just won't cut it....ooooo....actually they do...... Ouch ... :shock: :confused: :bugeyes:

Ballerina x :heart:
You ladies are talking out of your bloomers again!
Previous 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 27 of 47