The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 30 of 47
Previous 1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 47 Next
I like the look of the Greek scenic route, can I come too?! A country I haven't spent nearly enough time in which is a disgrace given my undergradutae degree was in classical greek studies!!
I'm thinking we'll need a double decker London bus
That will make TML13 happy + home/London sick
This is going to be a great new journey/holiday
yes Debs you're in ithaca it is then :heart: :heart:
Perhaps we can get @TML13 to research places to stay for us - I understand she has done some mystery shopping undercover in that regard before :cool: :shock: :cool:
Where do you think the gang should stay, Thalia? And can you advise us on cake, sweets, morning goods, etc etc and other comestibles, not to mention wine? :shock: :wink:
OH NO, strains of CLiff Richard are now wafting unbidden through my head!
@Debs!! Am sure that was what Sue had in mind - NOT! Perhaps we'd better stick to other methods of transport? Sleek Onassis style yacht perhaps? :cool: :cool: :cool:
I think so, the strains of Cliff are far too painful for me!!! Sleek yacht suits me, or how about a caravan of donkey drawn decorative gypsy caravans?
OK well use the bus for the transfer from the plane
to the yacht
yes plenty Greek red wine, metaxa, feta, coffee ooohh let's
not forget the baklava :heart:

Time you was in bed Silverdarling work tomorrow
Count me in for that!!! Plus lovely olives and Elizabeth Davids lovely Ithacan hare recipe with bread!
Yes dead right there - :bugeyes: ta Sue :lol: nanite :wink:
Debs wrote: Count me in for that!!! Plus lovely olives and Elizabeth Davids lovely Ithacan hare recipe with bread!

Hate olives but the hare!! well I'll try a small portion first
had rabbit many years ago.
Different beast all together Sue.Q!!! You marindae it in lots of olive oil, red wine and lemon juice and then stew it very, very slowly and add olives. Divine. A dark, quite gamey meat as it is related to deer believe it or not!
Morning all!

OK, here's my suggestion: you'll all come to Athens where I will wait for you with a mini (or not, depending on how many of you will come) bus and a driver. We'll head to Patras, ferry to Ithaca, stay for a week of sun&sea&food%drink at a lovely villa, then back to Athens for a few days for sightseeing and more food&drink. How's that?

If there's lots of us, we could easily rent a yacht. When there are many people sharing the cost is quite low!

Mind you, best time of the year for a holiday is the first couple of weeks of September. Low prices, almost zero crowds, warm weather and the warmest sea of all year!!! June is fab too but the sea is still cold. :-)
Count me in!! Loafing around, glass in hand appeals right at this minute!!
Same here, and it's 1 pm...
September sounds great to not to hot as it can get in Greece but I'm thinking your mini will be far to small,
a bus deffo.
Count me in and as we've got very warm sunshine today I'm getting in the mood already, off out into the garden again. :clover:
Previous 1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 30 of 47