The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 32 of 47
Previous 1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 47 Next
Mmmm. Greece or Greek island is a very popular venue for "alternative" holidays - Yoga, Tai Chi, Reiki etc. Wouldn't it be nice if someone did fasting holidays somewhere near a lovely beach - Fasting and Rambling, Fasting and Yoga, Fasting and Tai Chi, Fasting and Dossing About ...
@Sue.Q and @TML13 ... Chocolate baklava - and it's a fast day! :cry: :bugeyes: :cry: :bugeyes: :cry: :bugeyes: :cry: :bugeyes: :cry: :bugeyes: I am just about to have my paltry 350cals, and will be drooling at the thought all the way down the misty A19 to Yorkshire (where I believe the temperature is a balmy 14degrees :bugeyes: :oops: :bugeyes: :oops: :cool: )
Sorry @SilverdarlingBut its our lovely @TML13fault she got memory loss !!! I never forget a good dessert :heart: and that one sounded wonderful and with the baklava you can't go to mad your taste buds just won't take a whole one. :shock:
A holiday with fasting AND working out??? Nooooooooo, not in Greece for sure!!! Summer holidays here are all about eating, drinking and being very lazy!

Sorry, girls, I admit it! It was indeed my fault. How could I forget? Never mind, I just have to eat some soon and remind meself!
BTW, I would SO love to be in Yorkshire right now! Or anywhere in England with shops...
@Sue.Q, yes I am a bit quiet but I'm still here. I'm having a crap week/life :frown: .

I'd love to gate crash the holiday. I've been to Ithaca and Kefalonia a couple of times (before kids) and just loved it. The Greek islands are the most wonderful places I have ever been. Do I have to go back to real life afterwards?
wildmissus wrote: @Sue.Q
I'd love to gate crash the holiday. I've been to Ithaca and Kefalonia a couple of times (before kids) and just loved it. The Greek islands are the most wonderful places I have ever been. Do I have to go back to real life afterwards?

@wildmissus Answer NO!!!
We could do a Shirley Valentine thingy find ourselves a rich OLD bloke and help him spend his Euros touring all the Greek islands and then do them all again.
:clover: :clover:
nice to see you back though despite life's "stuff"
getting you down
TML13 wrote: BTW, I would SO love to be in Yorkshire right now! Or anywhere in England with shops...

@TML13 :cool: :cool: :cool: Yorkshire is the best place ... arrived at my parents' earlier on and emerged out of the murky fog that is plaguing the north east - definitely warmer and the twilight was a bit clearer down here. Shops? That will be for the next couple of days. Meanwhile my Mum has been showing me some of her online buys - from Brora :cool: and I have tried on the Boden dress I sent for and it's fab :cool: :cool: :cool:

It's what rawkaren would call the 'hair chair' for me tomorrow, then off to our farm b and b the other side of York, via our favourite fish restaurant on the way :wink:

Food first, shopping later :wink: :razz:
Silverdarling wrote:
TML13 wrote: BTW, I would SO love to be in Yorkshire right now! Or anywhere in England with shops...

@TML13 :cool: :cool: :cool: Yorkshire is the best place ... Shops? That will be for the next couple of days. Meanwhile my Mum has been showing me some of her online buys - from Brora :cool: and I have tried on the Boden dress I sent for and it's fab :cool: :cool: :cool:

It's what rawkaren would call the 'hair chair' for me tomorrow, then off to our farm b and b the other side of York, via our favourite fish restaurant on the way :wink:

Food first, shopping later :wink: :razz:

@TML13 We're never satisfied with what we have me swooping the damp dull weather here in the UK for the Greek sunshine and you vice versa but I'm thinking the shopping is the main factor for you, I've only been to London once 100years or so ago but agree never clothes shopped in Greece anywhere. :heart:

Priorities right again@Silverdarling
Enjoy your fish mm+chips?
How come they always taste better when we're in a different county?
Have a great time yes I love Yorkshire and the dales are so beautiful, enjoy the shopping/food and especially the quality time with your family. :heart:

Les and the boys are joining you all for coffee they're getting very excited about meeting you all is mum going?
Hi there @Sue.Q, still here and up for a Greek extravaganza, just been unable to get on here too much recently due to feral workloads and a complete brain meltdown the last few nights! Not going for the sun, there is more than enough here for me, more the culture, food and wine dark seas (thank you for that one Homer, and NOT Simpson!!!)

Sorry to hear you are having a bit of a crap time at the moment @Wildmissus, wish I could think of something to help. Can you chop it up into little pieces (not literally), and look at what you can to dot improve each one?
Sending you ((((((((((((( :heart: ))))))))))))) wildmissus, of course you can come to Greece on our virtual holiday along with Debs. Oh those inky dark waters around the Cyclades so memorable and you are poetic as well Debs.

I like the idea of a fasting place which prepares the food and we could all just loll about. Now there is a business for someone B&B in a paradise somewhere. 8-) 8-) :island: :island: :umbrella: :drink: :drink:
You aren't looking so green in this thread @gillymary :lol:
Well, here I am reporting in as usual on Saturday morning after another three successful liquid fasts but this time with a 4lb weight loss :shock: . Great, yes and no. Great I've lost the weight but not the reason behind it. Husband and I are splitting up :dazed: . Not unexpected but my head is mush. When I am over stressed I tend just to feel sick. One thing I have learned especially from the forum is that I must look after myself so I have been eating healthy veg packed meals this week but not finishing them and certainly not snacking. So whilst this is going to be a difficult time I'm going to make the most of losing weight and that'll be at least one thing OH can't hold against me.
Oh wildmissus I'm so sorry to hear your sad news but it is important that you look after yourself as well. I'm sure much thought has gone into your decision & it often is better to follow your instincts to end a relationship that is no longer working rather than prolong the agony of keeping on trying to make it work. Take it just one day at a time & try & find something positive in each day. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Previous 1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 32 of 47