The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 31 of 47
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 47 Next
I've died and gone to heaven just reading all this

Ballerina x :heart:
@TML13 it's a date I hope there is room on your floor for us all to crash out :lol: :lol: :lol: before we head out to the yacht - and what about inviting Dr S Swoon??? :shock: :wink:
Oooooooooooh yeah, we need a doctor in case we get sea sick!!!!!!

Plenty of room; there's an empty dining room because I still haven't found the table of my dreams...
Yes - definitely! and possibly our own chef as well, and as well as a dining room, we would have to dine outside on deck ...
My post got lost but I did go on in it about our dining at a long table at one of those tavernas which is in Central Athens I think the old sector where you hear the hum of the city but there are little narrow streets and you can see the skyline the Acropolis as it's up on the hill, there would also lots of background music, clatter of glasses us all a chatter. Food glorious Greek food plenty of meze dishes stuffed vegetables salads fish and baked sweets oh enough. It would be the best place to meet up
I am going to have to stop reading this thread, at least whilst I'm in dreich Fife, the excitement is turning to depression as I look out the window, the view is lovely but the mist and drizzle, or SD's mizzle is seeping into my soul

Oh Greece sounds a lovely idea. I was last there 35years ago when pregnant with my eldest son & nearly died climbing up to the Acropolis then found there was nowhere to buy a drink at the top :frown: However when we were running out of money on our last day we followed our noses & found a small restaurant full of locals & ate the best Moussaka I've ever eaten & the cheapest :grin:
I have been cycling again & trying to up my mileage so 13 Kms today & I am beginning to feel my leg muscles working :shock: It is nice to know I still have some :lol:
I'm off to have a shower & then this afternoon I am going for a massage :smile:
I hope you all have a good day.
@ballerina its been hot + sunny in your back garden for a few days now I've been in Nottingham area :heart:
OH yes @Silverdarling we do need a Doctor
@gilly only spent one day + night in Athens it was just magical the light show at the acropolis was amazing
love all the Greek people everywhere always so friendly and very genuine some more special than others @TML13 That's you especially and thank you for arranging our girly holiday for us think @Wendy Darling is coming also well pencil her i can't wait I can smell the stifado and kleftico and getting excited about your chocolate baklava never had the chocolate version. :heart: :heart:
Chocolate baklava? I'm trying to remember if I ever tried it but I can't recall.

Silverdarling, I have a chef friend (the posh version with the parachute on the head and the name on the... "dress", LOL). I could ask him to join us. He is very handsome too! ;-)
Oh, a quick note... You won't find drinks for sale in any archaeological site. Only outside or at the entrance. It's the law here. Be prepared for next time! :-)
I like the way the 'taking the scenic route' tent is now actually about taking a scenic route (around the greek islands)! :like:

You can count me in too...could just go for some sunshine, good food and good company in October when thoughts would normally turn to winter! :cool:
Spent a few days in Athens many, many , many years ago, loved the Temple of Diana, in fact loved everything and would love to go back. Also went to Corfu and would love to sail round the islands, oh well,

Well done @isis Back on your bike you're going great guns putting me to shame this week.
@TML13 YOU told us about the chock version on your
Work/holiday AI week late last year I'd never forget
a great pudding now would I.
@carorees Is in for a seat now told you we'd need a double decker transfer@Debs you've gone quiet.
Another quiet one this week is @wildmissus This holiday will be very welcoming I'm thinking do you want
a girls only holiday?
Oh dear YES!!! How could I forget??? Blimey, now I want some... Topped with real vanilla ice cream and a nice alcoholic drink. Why, oh why, am I not filthy rich? Why do I have to work instead of eating chocolate baklava away in a resort? Hmpf...
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 31 of 47