The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 5 of 47
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47 Next
Dukan attack certainly does focus the mind. @wildmissus and then adding the veg is like a dream come true.
@nursebean the snail located about page 3 deep on view more smilies on your right

> :smile:
Be back later about a few things
:heart: I know I've said this before but the thing that kickstarted my weightloss @wildmissus Was my reduction in my carb intake just less on each day I'm getting to the stage that I seem to be happy with and I couldn't drop certain foods for good life's to short, maybe worth a try. :heart:

Well I'm certainly enjoying this tour and have completed my 2nd fast and not only was I very close to the 500cals I was also quite low in carbs, having put everything into the recipe builder it gives you all the nutritional information including carbs + calories brilliant, my meal was cottage pie bulked up with extra onion leeks tomatoes and grated carrott then topped with turnip and celeriac mash served with broccoli, cauliflower and French beans very nice. :heart:
Thanks for the reading list. I loved the interview with Dr Amanda. I see she mention 5:2 near the end. I was interested that she said the FR was more easily activated in people who have a lot of weight to lose. I have had plateaux but I don't know if I've ever experienced a full on famine reaction. Perhaps my weight loss has always been too slow.
Trying to build on what might be afoot for us who might have to visit this tent, both Dr Amanda's article and the other link referred to your 'body's set point' Here is a bit of info I found which expands on set point.

http://www.bidmc.org/YourHealth/BIDMCIn ... Point.aspx

Umm dinner sounded lovely @SueQ

@wildmissus make yourself comfy, this is a stress free tent with all the creature comforts where you could become so relaxed you could easily drop off to sleep, Jim-jams, teddy and I will throw in my fluffy dressing gown and ug boots - don't need them here as it's boiling outside

To answer your question, What did I do to get here, think I might have ramped up variations too soon when my initial weight loss slowed down. Was sailing down in my weight beautifully when I had a break to visit some friends in July and since then even when I am really fast strictly and am very low in cals my scales just seem to be happy to hover around the 75 - 76 kg zone. I find fluid fasting is the easiest for me but also did 3 x16:8 along with 5:2 for couple of months stretch and it was not my solution. I am finding my hair is rapidly thinning which is scary, that has never happened to me in my life before. OK I am a bit stressed due to starting a new business and landing a new p/t job. Add I am a poor sleeper. All up it is probably not surprising my body is saying " you want to lose weight too. enough!" Love IF, am going to gym now re feeding for 5 days just to get a new start. How about others?
Thank you Gillymary for this interesting link. The idea of being only able to lose 10% of ones body weight at a time is rather depressing but we may already be reprogramming our bodies with 5:2ing because of the slow weight loss. I certainly think there is something to having to reset our own set points because although I have "successfully" dieted many times I have never been able to stay at my reduced weight. That is one of the main problems with all the usual diet clubs that don't seem to acknowledge the effect of set points & usually just say eat less! no wonder our bodies think we are starving them & revert to hereditary fail safes.
Gillymary you do sound rather stressed at the moment so aiming to maintain for awhile rather than to lose weight, although frustrating for you, would be one less thing to have to concentrate on. Have you seen your Doctor about you hair loss? just as an aside Ballerina mentioned rubbing coconut oil into her scalp seems to be helping her, but it might be reassuring to find out if there is another cause. Our immune system does become suppressed through stress & you do need to also take care of yourself :smile:
My weight is beginning to feel like a drunken millipede staggering around the same weight!! Mine is creeping down and the daily weighing is showing the highs getting lower, and the lows getting lower, but oh so slowly!! I'd really like to speed that up, butI guess I am going to have to patient. Not one of my strong points!!
@Debs I know just how you feel. One day you lose a pound but the next day it's back! It is a slow process isn't it

Bean :frown:
Our new scales have arrived with the Ocado order. I think hubs is hoping for a minor miracle when he steps on them in the morning! Yes, sir, you've lost a stone since yesterday!
Well, if he does, so do I!! (I don't think so!!)
I shall get them out of the box now, and compare weights!
PennyForthem wrote: Our new scales have arrived with the Ocado order. I think hubs is hoping for a minor miracle when he steps on them in the morning! Yes, sir, you've lost a stone since yesterday!

Wow! it's not one of those 'I speak your weight' jobs is it? :wink: :grin:
PennyForthem wrote: Our new scales have arrived with the Ocado order. I think hubs is hoping for a minor miracle when he steps on them in the morning! Yes, sir, you've lost a stone since yesterday!

Ooh i love getting an Ocado order!
Hope youve got some kindly scales
There's a shop in Liverpool where you can still get weighed for ONE PENNY!
Not a @PennyForthem tho..just a penny :grin: :lol:
The scales have arrived, but I foresee disaster..... they have carpet feet ( :?: ) which is fine, as we have carpet in the bathroom. But we also store the scales under the basin as we don't have a huge bathroom and I can see those carpet feet falling off when he moves the scales; oh and then they'll weigh him all wrong and he'll thump them round and swear at them, as if that'll do any good!

Of course, we could leave the carpet feet off, which instantly means they'll be wrong anyway! (they're not; I checked with the other 2 sets of scales, both of which he has accused of being wrong before - but not in language I could possibly repeat here!) Of course, there is the outside possibility that all 3 sets of scales are wrong to the same degree, but I'm a happy bunny, as they all weigh me at 10 7!

I think the best solution to it all is to move into a house with a large, uncarpeted bathroom, but that would mean he has no excuse when the scales weigh him the same every day!
:confused: :confused:
I have an old set of scales set to imperial in the bathroom and a metric fat-recording scale in the bedroom! Obsessed? Moi?
Month end and post fast day tomorrow so I'll be weighing/fat and water % measuring/BMI recording and waist measuring. I've done a 21/3 fast today so hoping for a good result tomorrow (please kindly gods) :0)
*engage sarcasm mode* woop de woop, hold me back from doing cartwheels and breaking out the champagne! *disengage*
Pleased to announce that i have lost 200g since December 1st :confused: :shock: :confused: :confused: :bugeyes:
Well, at least it's not going on and is not a plateaux.
Starting fitness february today. Exercise 6 days out of 7, 3 of them HIIT. Let's see what that does. I know it'll firm me up and make me feel better, not sure what it'll do to weight though.
Convinced glaciers move quicker... :dazed:
You me both lady!!!!! Global warming ain't happening on my scales!!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 5 of 47