The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

573 posts Page 8 of 39
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 39 Next
Re: The 4:3 tent is up.
22 Apr 2014, 04:28
:confused: Hi, Could I come into this tent? I started 5:2 in February and it's been brill, but I am finding my resolve slipping. Having read all the posts I recognise some of the symptoms, especially the one about the long spell between fasts!! So I would like to give it a go. :dazed:
23 Apr 2014, 08:51
Hi @Little Boo I only do guest appearances in this tent as I am an eating window kinda woman but I'm sure you will be more than welcome, so, enjoy your time in here

Ballerina x :heart:
23 Apr 2014, 09:04
Welcome to the 4:3 tent, @Little Boo! Hopefully, like so many of us, you will find it easier than 5:2 :-)
23 Apr 2014, 16:02
Little Boo wrote: :confused: Hi, Could I come into this tent? I started 5:2 in February and it's been brill, but I am finding my resolve slipping. Having read all the posts I recognise some of the symptoms, especially the one about the long spell between fasts!! So I would like to give it a go. :dazed:

Hello @Little Boo I hope that 4:3 will work for you as well as it has for my hubby and me.....good luck. :clover:
01 May 2014, 19:28
First week of 4:3 with 3rd fast tomorrow, actually looking forward to it! Am out to dinner in the evening but will fast all day and limit what I eat for dinner. See you all tomorrow.
01 May 2014, 19:42
I have been contemplating switching to 4:3, but I am nervous because I am training for a marathon right now. On 5:2 I have been losing about 3 pounds a week with my training, but I feel like since I'm only doing 2 fast days I way over compensate on non-fast days because my body feels deprived from the training/fasting. So I think if I do 3 fast days it won't matter if I eat "more than normal" on the 4 non-fast days. Any input?
01 May 2014, 20:05
@shaina02259 My input would be that you can't eat more on nonfast days when doing 4:3, your body just won't let you. If you're losing 3lbs a week on 5:2 + training I'd stick with that and eat the bit extra anyway. I think it might be a bit silly to do 4:3 if you're already losing 3lbs a week + training for marathon. I'm just guessing tho, I'm sure someone will come a long shortly who can inform you better.
01 May 2014, 20:47
I agree, if you are losing that much each week stick with 5:2. You do not say if you have more weight to lose but I guess it cannot be much. Might be that maintainence is better. There are others who are more knowledgeable and will answer when they can.
I am doing 4:3 because I tend to binge and this controls it. I do find it hard to overeat on feast days already and this is my first week.
01 May 2014, 22:39
Well I am a healthy BMI, but I would like to lose about 20 pounds. I feel that my binging on feast days might catch up with me, and I will no longer lose 3 a week. That's why I feel that switching might help me control it a little more. But thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it!
06 May 2014, 16:23
I think that three pounds a week is actually very fast weight loss @shaina02259 and you might need extra calories if you're training. I would suggest sticking with 5:2 for now. If you're a healthy BMI then you don't really need to lose another 20lbs. You don't say what you weigh, nor give your height, but if your BMI is around the 21 mark then losing 20lbs will take you very low indeed. It's your choice but please be careful.
06 May 2014, 19:04
I am 5'4" and 137lbs, so I am at the top of my healthy BMI. If I can lose the 20 I will still be healthy but at the lower end. I really only want to because I feel that I will become a faster runner that way. Thank you for your concern though, I want to do everything the healthy way so I might just stick to 5:2, but I might try 4:3 and see what the results are and how I feel running wise. It might drain me too much! Congrats to all of you who can do it though and stick to it!
07 May 2014, 10:14
On second fast of second week on 4:3 and feel this really suits me. Am hungry but can control it. Hopefully the weight will start shifting soon.
08 May 2014, 13:43
I hope that 4:3 will suit you @Bobshouse, it's certainly what I feel comfortable with and has worked for me really well. :victory:
It took about three weeks for the weight loss to show up on the scales....getting the tape measure out showed that I was shrinking in the right places.
08 May 2014, 13:48
I am finding the fasting easy but getting frustrated at my lack of weight loss. Today I am eating what I want and will fast again tomorrow. That will then be two weeks of 4:3. I have cut down on feed days apart from today.
08 May 2014, 13:52
@Bobshouse did you measure yourself when you started because sometimes it's just water weight waiting to shed itself ( you're body's very good at hanging onto water before it lets go!) and you will have used some of your fat. Measuring yourself will show it's going.....or not (but hopefully it's going!). I hope this makes sense!! :cool:
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 39 Next
573 posts Page 8 of 39