The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

573 posts Page 31 of 39
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 39 Next
Re: The 4:3 tent is up.
28 Aug 2014, 06:21
@Sue.Q well done main thing is you were in the fast zone that stopped you from eating 2000 calls plus and I admire you cause I barely make it through 1 fast day :like:
@swan51 thank you and yes it was soooo good to have one little person notice 'cause it just gives you some reassurance that this is working.
Well done on your two fasts for this week….
Strength to all those fasting today.
28 Aug 2014, 07:55
@Juliana.Rivers sorry I didn't get this tag/msg. Dr Krista Varady's calls her 'fasting' system, The Every Other Day Diet. So 500 cals, mostly 100 snack, 400 lunch between 12 and 2. This is ADF, then maintenance becomes 3 days a week @ 1000 cals, her suggestion is 2 meals and 2 snacks I think (read the book some months ago, I'll re-check). I like this theoretically, as she has the proven track record with human IF weight loss. What I really want us some sort if non obsessive maintenance system. I will have a shot and see if it suits me. 4:3 certainly works for me, down 4.8kg in 7weeks. :like: :victory:
29 Aug 2014, 14:18
How is everyone in this tent doing today? I'm just starting my day here on the west coast and it is going to be a challenging one. My hubby's niece is visiting and we are taking her to San Francisco for the day. How am I going to resist the smells of the crabs simmering in herbs as we pass by on Fisherman's Wharf? Or pass by our favorite restaurand downtown and not think of the Waygu beef burgers on ciabatta rolls with a side of French Fries redolent of the truffle oil they were fried in? Aaah, I have to resist all that...life is tough. Will let you all know how I get on :cry:
29 Aug 2014, 15:26
@swan51 I really don't know how you're going to resist all those foods and aromas, good luck. :clover:
Well my 4:3 week went well in the end having lost my gains from last week, I've already pledged to get to my
"Spring into Fall" challenge by this time next week.
I've already planned all meals for the next week and just returned from the weekly food shop not eaten at all yet but my stomach is complaining,
so today will be 19:5 eat + drink whatever I want. lol :lol:

Am I weird or what coz I actually enjoy this feeling of me holding back and my tum complaining very loudly.

The reason for my early plans are a couple of days alone next week and only one lunchtime meal booked that should make my fasting week easier. :clover:
29 Aug 2014, 16:25
@Sue.Q i like that feeling too coz it makes me think i am fat burning tho i know thats not necessarily so! But i think we have to be careful too in case we get a bit obsessive about liking that feeling of being in control!
( tho I go outa control so often, i know its not something i have to worry about just yet awhile! :?: )
29 Aug 2014, 19:56
@Candicemarie No worries I think you and I are alike that way I love my food to much to go the opposite way :shock:
But obviously my battle is bigger/stronger/longer
However I do believe that feeling comes from either fatburning or the carb reduction, I must be a pain to be around because
I've been on a "high" for 16 months lol. Think I'm driving my sister and vbf crazy!!!
29 Aug 2014, 23:20
Hehehe! Can't resist...
they're not the only ones you drive crazy @Sue.Q :lol:
( you walked right into that one ! :wink: x)..and i hope you're not high on the old waccy baccy! :cool:
30 Aug 2014, 09:35
CandiceMarie wrote: Hehehe! Can't resist....and i hope you're not high on the old waccy baccy! :cool:

@Candicemarie That's one big sin I've never partaken in
any sort of baccy waccy or otherwise :shock:
So maybe not so high after all,
Have a great weekend my Little Liverpudlian :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
08 Sep 2014, 16:02
Hello fellow 4:3 fasters.....
I fasted Mon, Wed & Thurs last week but didn't stick to 500 cals exactly :oops: however I did make sure I did 19:5 strictly on feed days and ate a whole heap of food and chips and pizza and choc and didn't gain one ounce :grin: fasting is def the answer to my weight management.
Stuck to my 500 calls today so this week need to just eat healthy cause I feel really really dreadful from all the junk I ate during the weekend. I hope I lose some weight this week.
08 Sep 2014, 19:10
Hi @skinnyli, congrats on not gaining - I know I certainly would have!
Last week's 4:3 plan got scuttled for me because my best friend was visiting from out of town and I cannot keep up my fasting schedule when I have people around :shock: So I did a couple of 16:8 days and had only 1 really good fast day during the week. Like you, I weighed the same as the week before (I weigh on Saturday mornings). This week, though I am on track to have a proper 4:3 regimen.
So good luck to all those doing 4:3 :clover:
08 Sep 2014, 19:12
Well done @skinnyli You now know how to maintain :like:
My 4:3 week went wrong but I managed a measly 150grams loss!!! Better day today and I'm back2back with tomorrow then Thurs. Let's make this week count and see a decent loss
for both of us. :clover: :clover: :clover:
09 Sep 2014, 22:46
Day two of my 4:3 week complete :like:
having done back2back Mon+Tues both went very well indeed
off out tomorrow with OH bit of retail therapy and of course lunch, how's everyone else doing?.
:clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart:
09 Sep 2014, 23:50
Did Sunday fast and in today as yesterday I couldn't after severe insomnia had me feeling shi*t. Tomorrow is usual fast but I plan to start my maintenance , so will do 1000 cals. Will do 2x500 and 1x1000 until I hit goal, then 1x500, 2x1000 and eventually the plan is 3x1000. Of course I have to manage a 1000 day first, used to 500 or losing it and going a little over or eat whatever. So it will require some forward thinking and organising to make sure I don't think I'm on a normally feed day.
10 Sep 2014, 00:50
Monday's fast went very well and I am looking forward to tomorrow's. @Sue.Q my hat's off to you doing back to back fasts. @GMH I wish I were ready to start maintaining. Sound like a good plan you have to ease into goal :victory:
10 Sep 2014, 04:49
@swan51 well it's where I failed first time around, no real maintenance strategy. I rather liked the idea if 3x1000 cals. I like the fact it has been tried in a study and found to be effective, I like the fact that I won't be starving all day on 1000 cals and I like the fact that I m making myself aware of what I eat 3 days a week and no wine!
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 39 Next
573 posts Page 31 of 39