The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

573 posts Page 32 of 39
Previous 1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 39 Next
Re: The 4:3 tent is up.
10 Sep 2014, 06:25
Hello everyone, I'm back again after my travels.
I haven't weighed or measured as I prefer to stick to my excise days on the first saturday of the month. So, no real notion if there has been any damage done. Clothes still fit though.
The holiday was great, spent about 36 hours underwater in total. It makes me hungry! Had no control over the menu but perhaps could have controlled the portions better!
Very different type of food than I usually eat- much fried tofu, tempeh , noodles and fried eggs. *bleurgh*
Then the Lembeh Lurghi which really wasn't pleasant.
So, the Spring into Fall challenge is a write off.
I have a feeling that I'm well and truly stuck just now.
After the next excise day, if I'm about the same I'll go into maintenance.
Not sure what that will entail, but feel it will be full fasting days as that's easy.
Til then, 4:3ing away merrily.
really would like to get below 60kg though...
10 Sep 2014, 08:21
Welcome back from your travels @Janeg Good luck with the
4:3 hope it works on your suspected gains. :clover:
Your lead up to maintenance sounds a very good plan @GMH will keep it in mind for the future. :heart:
Off out with hubby today making it my usual 16:8 day :like: :heart: :clover:
12 Sep 2014, 00:50
I'm about to go off to another unexpected dinner tonight at a swank restaurant :curse: I hope it doesn't wreck havoc with the great fasting week that I've had so far. Repeat after me, just say no...just say no...just say no :dazed:
14 Sep 2014, 17:28
Welcome back @janeg hope u enjoyed .
Straight back into it good for you. :like:
Have had a very carb loaded weekend so am looking forward to my fast tomorrow will try and do a liquid fast.
15 Sep 2014, 08:01
New 4:3 week and fastday #1 in progress :like:
New Vigour and another Determination Day underway especially after reading the new newsletter and carorees story again.
Holiday on the horizon got to make these two weeks really good ones just so I can say I've met my spring/fall challenge instead of bouncing this last kilo around over+over again. :heart: Sue
15 Sep 2014, 08:40
My first day of my 4:3. Tad overcast but I'm planning to paddle later which is always mood-lifting.

:clover: for all of Monday's fasters.
15 Sep 2014, 16:53
First day fasting for the week. I don't think I can do a full 4:3 this week as I am going to lunch with my sister on Wed, but will do 16:8 that day instead. Last week despite a wobble on Thurs (went over my TDEE with dinner out) I still lost 2 lbs. Trying to keep on the straight and narrow this month.
16 Sep 2014, 10:50
Made it through a whole day yesterday liquids only. strange for the last couple of weeks I have been absolutely starving on my fast days and just hanging in without straying…..
Yesterday I thought I was going to have to use every ounce of will in my body to make it through and it was so easy. Only thing is the sleepless nights on fast days are too awful.
I am having a normal day today been doing 4:3 and 19/5 together the last couple of weeks because I was worried I was a little over on my fast days but this week decided to do 4:3 and eat normal so my body doesn't go into famine mode.
This WOL really does work… my starting weight was 63.9kgs and this week I started my new week yesterday on 59.2kgs and I have been fluctuating between 59.2 and 59.7 for the last week. I tried Dukan the Soup diet, Weight watchers without any success and fasting has really made it move. and…. I didn't deprive myself of anything because on my feed days i really DO NOT count calories and watch what I eat and I love chocolate and bread. 4 kgs to go to my goal weight.
Sorry about the long post but its really so nice to finally be winning the battle of the bulge :grin:
16 Sep 2014, 11:21
Hi @janeg. You've mentioned it a few times now, what is Lembeh Lurghi? Google comes up with nothing (never happened before :?: )
Just curious :grin:
16 Sep 2014, 11:37
@judithn- we were in Lembeh in Indonesia for our holidays and I came down with a nasty digestive /muscle/whole body upset. Illness of indiscriminate origin is known to me as 'lurghi' (might be Scots but I'm not too sure) Hence the Lembeh lurghi! Not surprised Prof Google didn't know. Maybe I should trade mark it ;)
16 Sep 2014, 11:50
Oh dear,@janeg. Unpleasant indeed. :sick: .A not great way to lose weight. Thanks for the info...maybe you should trade mark it :lol:
16 Sep 2014, 19:16
Well done @skinnyli That's great news :like:
I really love the success stories that this WOL brings forth when all those expensive diet clubs fail for us and to think we get it for free I paid £5 for the book (worth every penny ). but learned far more from the very knowledgeable members on this great forum than I actually every took in reading the book.
Great work on your part good luck with the remainder. :clover: :clover: Sue
16 Sep 2014, 19:38
Knock knock...hello....please may I come in and join in. I'm not a 4:3 er but an ADFer and I think I'm talking to myself in that tent :( there's no one else about and I'm getting lonely.

I'll wait outside while a decision is made .
16 Sep 2014, 21:37
Minsmum wrote: Knock knock...hello....please may I come in and join in. I'm not a 4:3 er but an ADFer and I think I'm talking to myself in that tent :( there's no one else about and I'm getting lonely.

I'll wait outside while a decision is made .

LOL don't be lonely! ADF and 4.3 are very similar I don't think anyone would kick you out :wink:

I've gone back to doing 5:2 for a while as 4:3 wasn't making any difference but I think I'm going to give 4:3 another turn, maybe this week actually as I've done Sunday and Today. It's been pretty easy apart from a slice of quiche which "accidentally" fell in my mouth earlier on but it's all I've had so I'm under my calories still!
16 Sep 2014, 21:59
Minsmum wrote: Knock knock...hello....please may I come in and join in. I'm not a 4:3 er but an ADFer and I think I'm talking to myself in that tent :( there's no one else about and I'm getting lonely.
Hello @Minsmum, I think that I did 6 weeks of ADF before switching to 4:3 for convenience (it's a better fit to my social and sports commitments). There's probably <30 days a year that separates ADF and 4:3 so there's probably more than unites us than divides us. :) (Particularly true for those of us who tend to throw in a MD/mid-day most weeks :) )
Previous 1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 39 Next
573 posts Page 32 of 39