The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

92 posts Page 6 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Re: The CompliMENT TENT
12 May 2014, 12:54
Oh i wd love to hear the S word too @Lil! X
Its all relative tho isnt it..my boyfriend hates to be called skinny ( tho he is! ) x
12 May 2014, 13:49
My daughters and husband regularly tell me iv'e lost weight although i always take that with a pinch of salt, i always think they are humoring me :oops: but today a work colleague told me i had lost a lot of weight and looked great :victory: i have lost around 7.3 kilos as i had already lost before i started 5.2 and i am only 5ft 1" so although not a massive amount of weight it shows on me, whether it be gained or lost :neutral:
15 May 2014, 21:55
You know it's been a good day when:-

The village postman shouts out "Hello slim!" when he sees you.......

You are informed that "Gosh, you have lost so much weight" by two different people....

You are told that you look "amazing"

All of these things happened to me this afternoon.....so I am feeling pretty chuffed with myself right now.....& doubly determined to carry on..... :victory:

Hurrah for 5:2 4:3 & 16:8!!!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
15 May 2014, 22:07
Wow@hazelnut20 thats seriously awesome! :like: :like: :like:
08 Jun 2014, 18:01
Surely this can't be right??
Nobody's had a compliment since 15 May! :shock:
What is this world coming to!
C' mon don't hide your light under a bushel..
split,what nice thing have you been told lately? X
08 Jun 2014, 19:09
Oh yes I got a compliment today from someone who hadn't seen me for a while. She was so impressed I might have convinced her to try it herself. Hoping to see her here sometime soon!
09 Jun 2014, 10:32
Yesterday I got such an unexpected and much ego boosting compliment ever; our former (and the best of best) neighbors 20yr old son was here checking out The DH's motorcycle that is for sale and he had told his mom (my dear friend) afterwards that I have gotten soooo slim. And as my friend said - if he noticed, than it's a fact :heart: :grin:
And even though I haven't lost that much weight lately (it is danged hard to exercise with this shot to h-l hip) even my leggings are loosen up :)
09 Jun 2014, 10:54
Great going girls :like:
09 Jun 2014, 11:21
I forgot about this thread and created a thread a couple of weeks ago when I had been called skinny. Am still a work in progress but it is very encouraging to receive a compliment and also lovely to give one. @hazelnut20 well done you
10 Jun 2014, 20:11
I'll add a couple to the pile:

Twice recently I was told I'm looking skinny, and today I was told I'm aging in reverse!

Woo-hoo!
10 Jun 2014, 20:18
Something strange yesterday--maybe it was a compliment. OH and I were crossing a busy street with an 18- wheeler pulled up to the crosswalk. As we crossed, the driver suddenly began releasing air from the brakes in loud puffs, hisses, whatever you call it (I don't know much about truck brakes). The noise stopped when we got to the other side. :?:

I never heard a truck driver do that before--maybe he's got a thing for gray-haired grannies--albeit newly slim ones :lol:
11 Jun 2014, 15:35
Well its so long since i had a compliment,but today i got two!
First one was a backhanded one really..a lady who sees me most days said,You're looking good at the moment! ...somehow made me feel she often looks at me and thinks oooh no,not looking good at the moment! :lol:
Later a lady on the bus said she couldn't believe i had a senior citizen bus pass...i just smiled modestly...hehe,she hasnt seen me without make up! Like my brother in law says when i' m putting make up on," keep going,your face is still showing through!"
11 Jun 2014, 17:56
LOL @candicemarie's BIL cheeky thing but I like that one, sounds like something my family would say. Are you from Liverpool candy? I don't know why but for some reason I think you're from liverpool.
11 Jun 2014, 19:35
Yep@justdee i am a Liver Bird! X
12 Jun 2014, 10:37
Same daft sense of humor @candicemarie, I'm from manchester :)
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
92 posts Page 6 of 7