The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

316 posts Page 4 of 22
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22 Next
I'd like to join in but unfortunately will have to do different days. To accommodate OH and his 5:2 routines I'd want to fast Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays every week and don't think the shifting day pattern of DODO is workable alongside that. Will that be acceptable? :smile:
It's really like a 4:3 regime, but I'd like to lurk in the shadows and sort of keep you all company for the month.
Howdy everyone! I thought I would just make a list of people who have agreed to try the Bean Challenge (there's a lot more of you than I thought there would be, so well done!) Some of you are going to be trying your own variation or just watching from the wings at some point. I've written the DODOs first and then the others. If anyone would like to add their name to this list, please let me know!

1. @carieoates - DODO (when she returns from her hellish hols in Florida!)
2. @loversghost - DODO
3. @Madcatlady - DODO
4. @Minsmum - DODO...and seasoned Pro!!
5. @rawkaren - DODO
6. @MaryAnn - DODO
7. @Pilchards - DODO
8. @Alicegl1 - DODO
9. @Ieramul - DODO
10. @Hazelnut20 - DODO (hoorah!)
11. @Katharina - DODO (different days!)
12. @Lizbean - DODO (Spring Greening)
13. @nursebean - DODO (as per usual!)

14. @WarriorPrincess - 5:2 + 3rd day at 1200 cals!
15. @O'Dell - Skinny Jean Challenge only ( :wink: )

Well, here you all are! Let me know if I've missed anyone out or got your strategies wrong in any way.

At the start of the challenge, it is recommended that you try on that pair of jeans or skirt that you have in the wardrobe that you just haven't bean able to fit into. Don't worry if you can't do it up (that's the whole point). It would be great if you took a photo "before" and "after". We don't do scales for this challenge but of course you can do so if you would prefer. I feel confident that you will notice those jeans have become a lot looser at the end of the month. Who knows, they may even do up!

I really hope you manage this challenge well and who knows you may even join us in the ADF/DODO tent full time!!
Howdy @nursebean as my strategy is to maintain between 123 to 127lbs, I'll be popping in to join you on my fast days and cheering you DODO's along the way to 5th May. :clover: 15 fasts :clover:
WOW seriously impressed with all the willing volunteers, living the DODO lifestyle!
Haha a seasoned pro.... I shall wear that badge with pride :)
Oh good, I hoped you'd like the "seasoned pro" bit! :wink:
@nursebean I like your approach, a short and swift challenge to see what works for peeps and everyone is welcome!
For those not yet maintaining, you might want to browse our thread this month, As @Juliana.Rivers says, it is lively and informative! We are learning ....
weight-maintenance-f18/maintaining-march-2015-t13910.html?hilit=march
Whether you are aiming to lose or to maintain, I learn from you all.
Well done bean, I'm with you. :clover:
I'd like to join you please. I generally only eat once a day, but it is not sufficient to prevent a slight weight gain .

Bracken.
I would also like to join in.....
I'm in. Havent fasted for nearly a month now as life has got in the way, and imagine easter will be a chocolate frenzy. So am going to hit the muffin top with a month of adf, then it is back to 5:2 or 6:1 for maintenance in May. Any tips from the seasoned pros on best times to eat vs. exercise while DODOing?
Sorry to ask again but what date are we starting? Badly need to knock the chocolate on the head and it's not even easter. Gahhhhh.
Starts after Easter@loversghost!
Day after Easter Monday,think its the 7th April
I' ll be cheering you all on from the sidelines!
Oh wow! Lovely to see some more of you will be joining in. I've updated the list below. @Roglow I can only give you tips from a personal perspective. For me, the worst time of a fast day is the evenings, so I save up my calories for one meal at around 6ish. Recently I have taken to having a much lower calorie meal so that I can have a bowl of Cheerios or something similar which I can make last for an hour or so until I've lost the craving for anything else! Its bean working well lately.
As for exercise, I can't do an awful lot but on a fast day I will walk the dogs and when I'm in my element I will do some yoga. I'm not sure what others do with regards exercise. It really is a case of finding what works for you! However, the most important thing on a fast day is to drink loads and loads of water. I do have milk my my coffee too (because I don't really like black coffee!)
DON'T FORGET! THE BEAN CHALLENGE STARTS ON TUESDAY 7 APRIL!!

2. @loversghost - DODO
3. @Madcatlady - DODO
5. @rawkaren - DODO
6. @MaryAnn - DODO
7. @Pilchards - DODO
8. @Alicegl1 - DODO
9. @Ieramul - DODO
14. @Bracken - DODO
15. @loveswalking - DODO
16. @Roglow - DODO
17. @Loversghost - DODO

A. @WarriorPrincess - 5:2 + 3rd day at 1200 cals!
B. @O'Dell - Skinny Jean Challenge only ( :wink: )
Oh Bean,may i be C ) 5:2 and two days @ 1000 cals ,3 days TDEE x
Oh Candy of COURSE you can be C. I'll add you in the list tomorrow when I'm on the computer! Welcome to the Bean Challenge ;) xx
So, here's the updated list (with a Candy addition!)

2. @loversghost - DODO
3. @Madcatlady - DODO
5. @rawkaren - DODO
6. @MaryAnn - DODO
7. @Pilchards - DODO
8. @Alicegl1 - DODO
9. @Ieramul - DODO
14. @Bracken - DODO
15. @loveswalking - DODO
16. @Roglow - DODO
17. @loversghost - DODO
18. @Whatkatiedid - DODO
19. @juliewil10 - DODO

A. @WarriorPrincess - 5:2 + 3rd day at 1200 cals!
B. @O'Dell - Skinny Jean Challenge only ( :wink: )
C. @Candicemarie5:2 and two days @ 1000 cals ,3 days TDEE
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22 Next
316 posts Page 4 of 22