The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

115 posts Page 3 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
ravingkiko wrote: .... It's Tuesday here, but Wednesday there.

Interesting point, that. Hadn't considered date line effects, (nor have I had any occasion to since some high school-era geography test a long time ago). :smile:

#5 checking in: Trend line average says I'm 2 pounds (1kg) down in the last week (doing both ADF and LC).
Quick check in here as I am at work.

Week 1
Weight - 0.7 kg tick
Waist - 1 cm tick
Walking - 6 days out of seven at Fitbit target of 13,200 steps per day tick
Hi -- I'm in also.

My weight was 88.6kg on Ash Wednesday.

I'm doing 5:2 (Mondays and Wednesdays), and in addition am aiming to walk/run 4 times per week. I want to lose 2.5kg during the Lenten period.

Good luck everyone!
#16 checking in. Only 300 grams but that was after one (mindful eating) day. There will be two fasts before next check in.
Morning All... I would like to join too please. I am giving up chocolate for Lent and am going to avoid any junk from Mon to fri would also like to lose 2-3kgs by then. Fasting Tues& Thurs
Juliana.Rivers wrote: My goal is to spend more time in reading about food nutrition. I thought about getting audio books on cd but they can be so expensive. Anyone know a good source for delivery to Australia?

I don't know about Australia, but here in the U.S. I can get audiobooks through my local library. I use the Overdrive app on my phone. Maybe you have something similar!
Morning all, checking in on our Lenten Losers after a week on the challenge.

Here are the updates after a week:

1 @Pilchards -0.7 kg/ - 1 cm/ 6/7 Aiming for - 2 kgs, - 2.5 cm 5/7 days fitbit goal. Plus Vegan for lent.
2 @Juliana.Rivers 30 minutes/day studying digestion and food
3 @WarriorPrincess currently on holidays - back on 3rd March
4 @BeautyNovice 5:2 - let us know how you are going
5 @ADFnFuel - 2 lbs this week
6 @loversghost Aiming for 3.2kg loss and giving up chocolate
7 @cblasz Aiming for 4.5 lb loss and 8500-9000 steps per day
8 @Margotsylvia aiming to reduce bmi - 2kgs so far
9 @ravingkiko Walk 2 miles every day Eat Whole30
10 @katkin No carbs Monday to Thursday and no chocolate
11 @pamie123 Giving up sugar - aiming for weight loss
12 @SammyIam Giving up candy and losing 3 lbs
13 @Flic Aiming for a 5 lb loss. Cutting back on coffee
14 @carieoates Giving up white bread
15 @Maggiee Aiming for a 2 kg loss. Sugar free and dry Feb
16 @Wmr309 Aiming for 2 kg Week 1 - 0.3 kg
17 @BrissieGirl Aiming for 2.5 kg loss
18 [@skinnyli Aiming for 2-3 kgs and giving up chocolate

I hope that covers everyone and sums up where we all are. An interesting mix of goals - all of which look pretty achievable so lets all get behind one another and achieve our various objectives.

Fasting day (Thursday) here in Sydney so nothing by tea and coffee until this evening when I will have falafel and salad in keeping with my vegan challenge.
#13 checking in (I had the sudden urge to weigh in this morning, and the loss is finally getting moving again. Plateeau, bloat, over-indulgence in Dec/ Jan, I guess it doesn't matter. Finally getting my progress back).

SW: 9 st 3 (14/02)
CW: 9 st 2 (18/02)
GW: 8 st 12 (25/03)

- Still taking just a coffee in the morning
- Keeping up on the exercise routines
- weighing in currently at 128 ibs, netting a 1 ib loss thus far (I only have a little to lose so it's very slow going. Ergo I'll probably weigh in 1-2 times a month I said before. I just felt, erm, un-bloated and skinny today for some reason I guess).

Anyway, good luck everyone. Off for that one, solitary, morning coffee...
Sorry, I am a bit erratic in my reporting - but my weight has been a bit up and down and stuck. It understandably went up last Sunday because I did not fast then. Since then It was stuck for some days. Yesterday I lost an other 0,5 kg :smile:
Because of ups and downs my total loss now is 2kg 300 grams (there are a 1 000 g in a kg). My BMI is 23.05. This exercise book which I have had 23 as the lowest BMI in my age group (which is both sides of 60). :confused:
I am, however, going to continue fasting until Easter, and we'll see what happens.
It is very windy and snowing here, temperature around freezing. We ARE going to have an afternoon walk, regardless, Hubby and I. :razz:
#12 checking in

Starting weight (2-10-16): 137.8 lbs
2-17-16: 137.4 lbs
Goal weight by Easter: 135 lbs
Also giving up candy for Lent.

Not much of a loss. I'm sure I'm up today. Yesterday was my birthday and I ate, drank and was very merry. lol. I'm doing great on the candy front. I've been craving it badly but have been able to resist the temptation.
Hi Lenten Losers, just checking in to see how you are doing. I am feeling very light today as I had a colonoscopy this morning (routine and all good) so this week's weigh in on Wednesday should go well. I don't recommend it as a weight loss tool but I'll take the loss anyway! Swapped my normal Monday/Thursday fasts for Sunday/Thursday this week.

Don't forget to check in here and update us all on your progress.
Hello! Today I start my 3rd week into Lenten Fasting or second full week. The Fast 5 Diet Book says that you have to wait for 2 weeks for your body to adjust to window fasting, before you can expect to begin to lose weight. This week Wednesday my 2 weeks will be up, though I have eaten more on the past two Sundays - I hope this hasn't messed up things. I was really quite heavy when I started, so the initial 2 kg or so were a sign of how unusual that sort of weight was for me. These days my weight is stuck again, though I only eat one meal and one snack a day :confused: .
I am also not fasting only for weight loss, so I ought to be more patient...
Well, I 'comfort' myself with the idea that I have 5 more weeks of fasting to go. Then Easter will be very, very special :grin:
And this site helps to keep me going. THANKS!
Good morning. I'm actually up a little from my starting weight this week, but back on a downward trend. I had a strange week last week as I was on vacation for part of it and went skiing. I plan to have a very good week this week and feel confident that I'll have better results to report next week! Thanks!
Good morning from NZ. #11 challenge member checking in. Unfortunately my weight has stayed the stayed the same. 82kg. However I have not let a tiny bit of refined sugar(which I have given up for Lent) pass my lips. Even checking pickles and sauces etc. Missed it a first but adjusting really well. Fasted yesterday.
#9 checking in for week 2. I had a Great Week, :victory:
followed by a train wreck of a (long) weekend! :curse:
Going to try to pick up the pieces today, :smile:
and have a better report for next week. :like:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
115 posts Page 3 of 8