The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

287 posts Page 16 of 20
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
have been really busy sorting a bedroom as daughter moving in with her boyfriend so we will have a spare room high enough for the cross-trainer. its in the cellar at the moment & cant be used as ceiling is too low.
nothing much to report on my front. weight going up & down again but still under the 11.2lb mark. actually invested in a hard-copy of the 8 week bsd book which Im hoping will also help to keep me focused.
@ana26 glad to hear you are on the mend now. @cblasz hope the weigh in goes well for you tomorrow :) you may be pleasantly surprised. @hazelnut20 pernelle, wise words as always :) you are always there with your inspirational words & Im sure they are much appreciated to all. @justdee hows it going??
last push this week. 5 days til the end of this challenge. it is daughters 20th on the 20th & have planned to take her to have her nails done followed by a lovely cream tea so am doing full bsd with today as a fast until then & looking forward to this treat. it will be a lovely day & another day with grand-daughter lily too :)
good luck everyone. will try & check in a bit more regular to see how you are all doing. shelley xx
Step away from the ice-cream @cblasz!
I sure hope it cools down soon!
Good luck with your weigh-ins this week everyone!
Bean :heart:
:like: Well said @Hazelnut20. Thanks.
@cblasz! I love ice cream more than chocolate! It accounts for any summer upswings in weight, like last night!!
Hugs and luck to all for this next week. :clover: :clover:
Ooh...ice cream?? It's been ages since I had any ice cream! Num num... I have to say I'm a bit of a traditionalist where ice cream is concerned - so long as it has tiny little specks of proper vanilla in it, I'm happy. Many other ice creams are a total disappointment on the flavour front - but then, it could be because I have such a sharp palate. I was at a Beer Festival yesterday...and was a very good girl - I took my salad with me to have with the hog roast (minus bun of course). Oh, what a disappointment that was! All I could taste was some kind of plastic! I don't know what went on with it...but it certainly didn't taste like anything resembling pork to me. The strange thing was, neither of my companions commented on it (though they did have the bun - which might have masked the strange flavour maybe...). Don't even start me on the crackling....oh well, alright, it was truly terrible if you must know...rubbery and useless. And I'd waited all day for it...gahhh!

Back to the subject of ice cream though....I'm lucky enough to live near a farm that makes award winning ice cream (Otter Valley Ice Cream in Devon)...it is soooooo good! We have tubs of it in our community shop in the village...but I don't buy it very often because it is just too naughty-but-nice! I bet you won't be surprised to hear that I have suggested to Otter Valley that they might like to introduce a hazelnut flavour ice cream...but as you can imagine, the nut issue is fraught with difficulty in a commercial setting due to allergies...so no joy so far, boo hoo! I'd totally be their Number One customer if they ever do get round to making one.....

I'd like to say that all this talk of food is making me hungry - but I am still quite full from dinner TBH. I'll stop rambling now....
Actually ice-cream is one of the few naughty foods I don't actually like - that much! I can take or leave it :wink:
I don't know what my favourite food is anymore. I'm in a food wilderness! :bugeyes:
I have to say that I think life is too short not to eat ice cream sometimes, especially in the summer, and especially really good homemade ice cream!
Weigh in day and still stuck at 164lbs. Huge push for the last 5 days and I am pleased with losing 5 lbs but...I wanted to lose 7!!!! Good luck everyone for the last week.
Well, it's so odd, @cblasz - since embarking on the BSD I find myself "weighing up" whether something is worth eating! I look at an ice cream & think "Oooh, so much unnecessary sugar! And what about the carbs in the cone?!" (Yes, I could have it in a tub, but I always loved those waffle cones...). By the time I've done all that thinking, I've gone off the idea....or at the very least, talked myself out of it. It's like I'm a different person these days. I've never ever had any brakes where eating is concerned...but suddenly I've acquired some...from nowhere. So strange....

Ha ha Beany @nursebean - you made me laugh out loud about being in a food wilderness!! Everything has been turned on its head, hasn't it? Once a girl starts rejecting Butterscotch Angel Delight, you don't know where you are!!! Hee hee...

Hello @queen56 - I can assure you that you won't be alone in not quite reaching your target on Friday, so don't worry. You're ten packs of butter down - imagine them stuck on your body - that's what I do! If I lose a pound, I imagine a pack of butter on each arm - it's really quite a lot! The top of my arms are one of my problem areas - so I like to think of weight shifting from there! Well done for joining the challenge - there's still a few days to go until Friday.......
Challenger number 5....limping in with another one pound loss this week....or as I like to call it...2 packs of butter! This brings me to 7.2lbs lost since the beginning of the challenge - I'll take that...because I've just realised that's half a stone - yippeeeeee!

I'm unlikely to lose much more by Friday...on account of being pre-menstrual right now. In fact, I'm counting myself rather lucky to not have put a bit of poundage on this week. My hormones are all over the place these days....I'll be 54 on Saturday...so it really is time I put all this TOTM business behind me - though in reality, this is only the second month of things going a little haywire...so I've got a long way to go, no doubt.

Anyway, will desperately attempt to cling on to the losses so far...while I bloat for England! Good luck everyone for the final push! Xx
Thanks @Hazelnut20 and happy birthday for Saturday. I will now visualise packs of butter instead of measly numbers...much better and more inspiring!
My upper arms are the one area I wish would change. I swim and (sometimes) pick up an exercise band but the fat there seems to be very stubborn at the moment. Youngest daughter gets married next August so will be shopping for my outfit next Spring. Hopefully by then I will have totally toned upper arms...or else a very nice jacket!!!
I am pleased with weight loss and if anyone had said a few weeks ago I would be regularly under 12 stone I would have laughed. Onward and downward!
Does anyone else stick at certain weights? On my way up I can remember being 164lbs for a long time (before that it was 158lbs) so perhaps I'm destined to lose in chunks. And perhaps I shouldn't have had a pint yesterday but it was my favourite and the beer garden was very inviting. Icecream? No! Chocolate? Not really? Real ale and cheese...now you're talking!
And commiserations about the hog roast disappointment but celebrate your superior palate.
Oh Nutty! @Hazlenut20 I sympathise re the TOTM shenanigans! I, too am struggling with being pre-menstrual. I think this is the latest I've bean (typical!) and I'm starting to wonder if its the beginning of the end. I guess now I've finally found a way to lose all this weight, its going to come back on with a vengeance - unless I can sweat it off!! :confused: :?:
@Queen56 you have done SO well! I hope you are feeling proud of yourself! The arms are indeed an annoying part of the anatomy that is difficult to tone. Have you tried yoga or pilates? That should help tone without bulking! I hate it when you wave - and your arm still waves ten minutes after you've stopped!! :lol:
So is this our last week then?! How exciting! We will have a final tally?
Good luck everyone with that last final push - you can do it!
I do feel pleased and its proved I can stick with fasting now. I was very hit and miss before. Thanks Bean I will have a look at yoga at the sports centre and online. Off to do the ironing and some gardening now.
Looking forward to the grand tally at the end of this week.
Yes I can't wait for the grand tally either!
If I remember rightly, I think I've lost about 9 pounds during this challenge - woohoo!
Bean :shock:
Oh my a whole week has gone by since I logged in here!

I'm still losing, slowly but surely. I'm down 10.9 lbs since the challenge started. I won't hit my goal for the challenge, but I still think I've done really well! I always see my biggest losses between Monday and Wednesday (Monday is coming off a big eating weekend and both Monday and Tuesday are light days for me).

ok, off to read all the posts -- Ana I hope the accident wasn't serious and that you're ok.
Oh Pernelle @Hazelnut20 you're so good avoiding that local creamery. I would eat the hazelnut ice cream too. In the next county over, there's a local creamery that makes a hazelnut ice cream and it's fab. They also sometimes put whole, roasted hazelnuts in their chocolate ice cream. I do love to partake of a small, 1/2 cup (measured) serving of a lovely dark chocolate ice cream or a real vanilla with vanilla bean specks. But now it's a small serving and it's occasionally only. Actually the last time I had some was Friday and I only measured out a measly little 1/8th of a cup. But it was fabulous and satisfied me :-)

I'm also having issues with that time of the month -- mine was due July 21 and hasn't come to visit yet. I really home to have it over with before we leave for Paris on the 25th. I've actually been feeling premenstrual for a few weeks now >.< I'm 49 and have a wonky thyroid. The doctors say both things will screw up my cycle. Sigh.
Today's plan - fasting until dinner, then a nice bowl of beef and bean chili. That's only 8 points, and my goal is to use 15 points. So I may add some cheese *and* some sour cream. I'm a rebel lol

Tomorrow I'll have a modest lunch and then a salad with a chicken breast for dinner - aiming for 20 points on Tuesday. Wednesday is weigh in and I should be below the 200 point mark at WW. Pretty proud of that :-)
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
287 posts Page 16 of 20