The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

304 posts Page 15 of 21
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21 Next
#21 checking in.

Since my last post I've :
Lost my job (just as unemployment hit an 18 month high)
My house was broken in to (a lot was taken but it's the stuff not covered by insurance, like a paperweight my late sister gave me, that really sucks)
My laptop died (a replacement has to wait)
The head gasket went on my car (fixing it couldn't wait so I had to ask for my first ever credit card extension which, when you are unemployed, isn't an easy process)
I've been eating poorly and too much (guilt guilt and more guilt as I know better than this)

Hence:
I've gained 3kg/6.6lbs which, as I am slight in height and bone structure, really shows especially around my middle and face :pig2:

Whinge, whine, whinge.... :(

Now I've admitted it publicly I need to pull my finger out and sort out my overeating :quiet:

How to do this:
Plan and write my daily food out in advance and stick to it without exception
Stop buying things I binge on under the guise of it being for my husband or when the kids visit
Post on the forum on fast days
Read the forum on non fast days
Check in on this thread more regularly and 100% honestly
Get up and go to bed earlier
Increase the quality of my exercise not just the quantity

No more pity party
No more wallowing

:star: Day 1 starts today Friday 13th November 2015 :star:
@cyclonet so sorry so many bad things happened ..but many congrats on bouncing back :like: :victory:
I WAS gonna whinge coz ive gained apound even tho i did 4:3 last week andon the other days ate below TDEE..but youre not whingeing so i wont either
Sooo busy coz moving home,felt thinner,look slimmer..but i guess its just dem pesky scales..
Will focus on feeling lighter/ looking thinner! X
Good luck Cyclo with yr plan! X
So sorry @cyclonet! Wow. When it rains, it really does pour. Hope things turn around for you. The weight gain is totally understandable under all of that stress. 6 pounds isn't a ton. I'm sure you'll get that off without a problem :)
Hi @Cyclonet - I see you are still with us, well done for bouncing back.

I think it takes loads of courage and gumption to come on here and say what you had to say - and for that I commend and applaud you. :like: :like:

Thinking of you for lots of positive and good things to happen from here on. :smile:

cheers
Maggie xx :heart:
Hello Everybody

Down 300gm this week, started this challenge 91.7kg NOW 87.8kg.

Feeling great - lots of gym work, water aerobics and plenty of walking as well as Fasting.

cheers
Maggie
Maggiee wrote: Hello Everybody

Down 300gm this week, started this challenge 91.7kg NOW 87.8kg.

Feeling great - lots of gym work, water aerobics and plenty of walking as well as Fasting.

cheers
Maggie

Well done @Maggie! you seem to have it all under control and more! How exciting for you.
barbarita wrote: Number 4 reporting on Chunk 4, a baddie :frown: .

Average deviation from goal = +2.67 lbs :unlike:
No of days at < 10000 steps = 0 :like:
Only dairy products consumed at home = butter, cream cheese, brie. :unlike: I had creme freche but it was organic so that was OK - NOT!

Why was it so bad? Because yesterday I was 125 lbs, just 1lb short of 9 stone, which I haven't been for nearly 18 months. This morning I had stepped back from the brink, phew! Another lightbulb moment - be around the house when not hungry, and go out for a walk as the eating window approaches or during the window to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible. Recreational eating is tempting now (eating when honestly I am full enough, but I want, not crave, the taste of something else. The something else is not, as the LCHF people say, off plan, but still I ought not to ignore my full signal and go ahead anyway) I blame the hated damp, dismal November.

Day 1 of the last 45.

thanks for the update... oh dear but the good thing is you know that you have faltered on some occasions ... so do all the right things and you wont see that figure again!
Cyclonet wrote: #21 checking in.

:star: Day 1 starts today Friday 13th November 2015 :star:

Oh yes, as others have said, sorry of the trouble you have had .. your last statement is very positive and focus on that.

I am sure things will turn around positvely for you. All the best in every way @Cyclonet
No.31 reporting in. Stayed the same this week; due to feeble fasting! Try harder next week. @Cyclonet sorry to read your post - you've certainly had a rough time recently. Sending you lots of positive vibes to help you regain control.
Loulou51 wrote: No.31 reporting in. Stayed the same this week; due to feeble fasting! Try harder next week. @Cyclonet sorry to read your post - you've certainly had a rough time recently. Sending you lots of positive vibes to help you regain control.

@Loulou51 thank you for the update. Give it a good shot this coming week to get to that 8 pound challenge loss goal. Make it at least 2 really really good fasts. You can do it.
Me here

Finally, I see a 73 number on the scales!!! 73.8kg ill note it as 200g loss though i have seen over 74 in past weeks. heavy heavy week of work and less eating. so i guess thats why 200g loss happened... ive stopped eating butter as a snack! yipeee and going vegetarian 5 days a week!!! Worked out if you go vegetarian 4-5 days a week you save at least $50 a week in an average household -- $200 a month and its better on the hips! or thighs or stomach. Bit like 5:2 .. have just thought about how Ive been eating way too much meat. Still eating dairy and eggs and cheese.

some of these weeks creations..

bb.jpg
bb.jpg (156.09 KiB) Viewed 325 times

cc.jpg
cc.jpg (187.54 KiB) Viewed 325 times

Other members in household are a little dismayed, scared, wary about this new regime round here but they will just have to get used to it.
400.jpg
400.jpg (156.09 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Member 27 (not) reporting in.
I managed 3 days of fasting this week as usual (which I'm proud of), but I binged horribly on non fast days. So I will not weight myself this week and give myself time to shed the water weight till next week.
Very educative for me, how much I'm still adicted to food when I'm not well and when something bad happens to me.
Callanthe wrote: Member 27 (not) reporting in.
I managed 3 days of fasting this week as usual (which I'm proud of), but I binged horribly on non fast days. So I will not weight myself this week and give myself time to shed the water weight till next week.
Very educative for me, how much I'm still adicted to food when I'm not well and when something bad happens to me.

Thanks for updating @Callanthe and hope whatever bad stuff that is happening to you resolves itself soon. I find if i have bad things happen I dont want to eat either fast days or non fast days though sometimes food can be a comfort particularly carbs and sugar and for me butter. Butter is my comfort sometimes and i just need to stay away from it. reckon ive only had a few spoonfuls this week so i was glad.

All the best for the coming week, and be careful on non fast days so you dont undo all those successful fast days. Just say a few "mantras" on the morning of every non fast day, write notes and stick them on fridge or popup messages on phone, or think about the group here cheering you on.
Number 4; Chunk 5

Average deviation from goal = +3.11 lbs :unlike:
No of days at < 10000 steps = 0 :like:
Only dairy products consumed at home = butter, cream cheese, brie. :unlike:

More than halfway there, thank goodness. 36 days.
Number 15 reporting in late for Sunday 8th November and weigh in Number 5:
7 day steps 66000 :frown:
1 x Body Pump :smile:
1 x Swim :smile:
Gain of 1.1kg this week (so gain of 100g since start) :confused:
Really not sure what has happened, I didn't think I'd been that greedy. I need to keep a closer eye on what I'm eating on non-fast days.

Also reporting for Sunday 15th November and weigh in Number 6:
7 day steps 70638 :smile:
1 x Body Pump :smile:
1 x Swim :smile:
Loss of 1.8kg (so loss of 1.7kg since start)
That's better! Back on track. I have been more careful this week, but I do go up and down a lot. I must keep recording everything I eat.
Previous 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21 Next
304 posts Page 15 of 21