The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

304 posts Page 18 of 21
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 Next
Member 11 here. I'm not going to update my weight because I really do not know what it is! After eating horribly on vacation and then returning and having Thanksgiving dinner...I've been going up and down and all around. Plus I've been working out almost daily since I got back from vacation and I'm sore so I know my weight is up a little due to muscle repair. Every day my weight is something different. I'll report back on Wednesday when things hopefully will have calmed down a little. I don't see myself achieving my goal weight at this point :frown:
Number 36 reporting in.

I all likelihood won't be weighing myself for a couple of weeks yet (probably just on 20th December). I've been probably more active and busy than I have been for a long time. I am still walking an extremely energetic dog I walk twice a day, so I'm still definitely getting 10k steps at least. In addition to that I have a job that keeps me active, I volunteer at a couple of places and have a bunch of other things going on. I guess I got what I wanted as I'm constantly busy, and definitely in a much better place mentally than when I started losing weight (back in May this year), so no complaints.

In all honestly, it probably doesn't really matter to me what I weigh now. At one point I got pretty fixated on my weight loss, but since I'm fitting into my old clothes and into UK size 10s I'll just stop when I feel like it. I'm still fasting every other day, which I'll be doing for life now (even if I've noticed myself eating much more on non-fast days, both due to cold weather and my activity levels). All I will say is forums like this and alternate day fasting have been life changing in the best possible way.
11st 1.75 today - a massive 113g below my last declared weight and ooh .. 3/4 pound lost in total. Not an impressive loss but going in the right direction (more or less!)
Number 4; Chunk 7

Average deviation from goal = +1.44 lbs :like:
No of days at < 10000 steps = 0 :like:
Only dairy products consumed at home = butter, cream cheese, brie. :like: Virtually eliminating dairy had the desired effect. However, I would not give it up just to be 2/3 pounds lighter. What is interesting is that I now have a cleaner tongue and do not have a runny nose. That is telling me that there is less load on my digestion/possibly less inflammation, and now that my body is getting old I am prepared to listen. I will stay dairy free for a bit, then test out butter and thick cream (separately).
With a rather late update.... super busy at work, but that's helping with fasting, Today's weight at 146 down from orignal 150.2 at start of challenge.
A collective reply to all the updates submitted. I will calculate the group total weight loss at the end of the week.

With 2 weeks to go...

- DO REALLY GOOD FASTS IF YOU CAN.. You will know, personally for you, what that means and how you best approach fast days.

- MOVE LOTS.. even just a bit more walking can help you feel even better and work that fitness/ energy level

- ENJOY THE CHRISTMAS PARTIES in the lead up to Christmas. I have one this Saturday.. will switch the fast brain off.. probably will switch the mindful eating brain off too but thats ok. its just one night. I will fast the following day to compensate.

- DONT STRESS ABOUT CHRISTMAS.. if you havent been really organised dont worry, stay calm, write lots of lists. carry around the lists, but the little itsy bitsy presents for people so you are not rushing for those simple things on your last shopping adventure.

- If in Australia or the hotter part of this world, STAY HYDRATED.

- Weight yourself on the next opportunity and record it.. knowing you have 2.5 weeks to go for the challenge. Adjust your goal by Dec 20 if you want to and i will change it for you. its really ok to be realistic.
Member 27 reporting in:
I'm pleased to report that I reached my interim goal 89,9 kg.
That makes a loss in this challenge 2,7 kg, 300 g to go to complete it.

Weight loss on 4:3 since the start: 8,1 kg :)
Callanthe wrote: Member 27 reporting in:
I'm pleased to report that I reached my interim goal 89,9 kg.
That makes a loss in this challenge 2,7 kg, 300 g to go to complete it.

Weight loss on 4:3 since the start: 8,1 kg :)

Awesome @Callanthe! What a great achievement ... what are your successful methods.. It may help those on the challenge struggling. I might be the smallest thing that is so worthwhile so tell us more.
@Juliana.Rivers, I'm struggling very much, but I have found two things helpful lately.
1. to write a diary here, every day or so, even if things don't go as well as I wish
2. to walk, a lot. It helps me unwind and relax (I 'm going through very stressful two months work-wise) and also it helps burn some calories and shape my legs :)
No 17 ( I think) I'm still going, fasting today & fasts planned around Xmas events in the next 2 weeks. Scales were kind today - amazing how positive that makes me feel. Once I've got to a weight I do seem to be able to maintain it (yea!) & I've not given up on my tiny target for this Challenge - wherever I get to, that will be the weight to return to in a post-Xmas challenge!
Member 11 here. With only 2 weeks left in this challenge, I am still 6 pounds away from my goal. There's no way to make my goal so I'm going to have to alter it. I've lost 4 pounds on this challenge so I'm going to try to lose 2 more by the end. Even that seems unrealistic at this point, but we shall see what happens. I was 144 this morning.
Great work JR always such a great motivator.
No. 31 reporting in. Have stayed at 8st 13lbs. Haven't managed any good fasts over the last two weeks though, need to try harder for the next two weeks. Had two meals out just two more to go before Christmas. I bought myself a Vivoactive for birthday/Christmas and I'm very pleased that on most days I manage to go well over my goal steps.
Member Number 2 reporting in. :smile:
This has been my best challenge ever - 4.7kg GONE!!! woohoo very happy. :like:

Not sure if I will make the 5kg target for my son's Wedding this coming Saturday, but it doesn't matter, it's close and I feel fantastic. I am down 10kg since November 2014, as you can see its been a successful challenge.

Very special mention to @Juliana.Rivers for this Supa Challenge and for being the great motivator that she is. :heart: It took me a long time to finally 'get' Fasting and this WOE and life.

I have also found that if Fasting doesn't go well one day, to pick myself up, and do it again the next day. Definitely 'always tomorrow' in my case. :smile:

Happy fasting everybody and thank you to everybody for your support and encouragement. :heart:

cheers
Maggie. :smile:
#33 reporting in, 4lbs loss in total but this follows a high calorie weekend where I seem to have gained 2lbs and so I think I'll ignore this weigh in.
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 Next
304 posts Page 18 of 21