The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

244 posts Page 9 of 17
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17 Next
Re: Forum Fixes
02 Jun 2014, 09:14
Thesqueakylovely wrote: Does anyone actually like this "improved" site?

At my age I accept changes and try very hard to keep up with all otherwise we get left behind, therefore I'm hopeful of these teething problems will soon be sorted.

@moogie And the guys I've said this before so here goes again I'm on android tablet
( does this mean android browser?) sorry I'm thick I know
Anyway when I go into forum my first page to come up doesn't give me a login option!! tried to explain that to Jason last week but at that time it was intermittent the said page has a "slimmer" yellow banner, when I touch onto the reply button to reply to a post the login box now usually appears along with the full yellow banner and I then can click forums not before, that said I've never logged in using my username at all with new site and also never even seen the login as hidden at all.
Good. Luck with the repairs and hope that info is at
least some help.
:clover: :clover: :clover:
02 Jun 2014, 10:53
It is very different. Got so used to the original site and do miss things. For example I used to use active topics to find out what had gone on since last on forum and found that most useful and it was on all pages on the left hand panel.I know it is here somewhere but am having trouble remembering where and how to get to it.

I do appreciate it is a big shift and there are a few glitches still to sort
02 Jun 2014, 12:41
Any news on being able to view the Progress Trackers of others? I used to find that really helpful and now I can't see it! And I too miss the old site, sad to say.
02 Jun 2014, 14:32
@gillymary I am on a tablet, and the menu that used to be at the side with View Active Topics on is near the bottom of the page, on the left beneath the advert, if this helps at all
02 Jun 2014, 15:51
I actually like the new site. I'm on a laptop using chrome & an android smartphone. Since the changes & fixes, I've had no issues like others, I don't know why. I also like the yellow& the cute characters. I've stayed logged in on my phone & laptop, I don't seem to have to login every time which is helpful for my frustration level. I know they will continue to work on the progress tracker thing, so the only comment I have on that is that I miss the language of the old tracker, so am hoping that's somewhere on the fix list. Seems like its been longer than 3 weeks since the changeover, but it was really very recent. Great job & kudos to the team.
03 Jun 2014, 11:40
The good news is I can now see others Progress Charts and it is written in the nice prose style we were used to. And if I go into my progress chart as though I'm a visitor, the "weight to lose" is correct (about 12 lb). The bad news is that my Progress Tracker is still in the cold, "list" style and "weight to lose" is nonsensical (0.704 lb) .

Hope it gets fixed soon and yet another plug for return to the encouraging paragraph style :grin:

Edit: Just realized can only see Progress Charts on computer running Firefox. Still not available on iPad. :frown:
03 Jun 2014, 12:42
Hi Moogie
I tried to send a private message but was not successful. So I am adding it here and hope I get a message back. I notice that my progress chart does not come on as part of my profile and do not know how to bring it on. I look at other members' charts to help myself and want to put mine in so it may be of help to somebody else. Would you please advise how to do it.?
I searched the FAQ but was not successful.
:clover: :heart:
03 Jun 2014, 13:09
@Pariah Did you make it visible to the public? In the setting up process, maybe that's the reason :clover: :clover:
03 Jun 2014, 16:28
Hi @sue. Q I'm still struggling to read your posts as your font is smaller than other peoples - do you know if this is something you set?

This is what I see on my android

On the old site, I didn't see signatures on my phone, and the posts were optimized for the screen size, so much more legible

Thanks
03 Jun 2014, 16:58
judithn wrote: The good news is I can now see others Progress Charts and it is written in the nice prose style we were used to. And if I go into my progress chart as though I'm a visitor, the "weight to lose" is correct (about 12 lb). The bad news is that my Progress Tracker is still in the cold, "list" style and "weight to lose" is nonsensical (0.704 lb) .

Hope it gets fixed soon and yet another plug for return to the encouraging paragraph style :grin:

Edit: Just realized can only see Progress Charts on computer running Firefox. Still not available on iPad. :frown:

@judithn You're doing better than me. I am using Firefox on a PC and can still only see my tracker when logged in and no one else's. I think the strange 'weight to lose' number is actually the old 'average weekly loss' number. That's about right for me how about for you?
03 Jun 2014, 17:48
@Minumonline I did change my font to large down from huge but only yesterday!! because I was missing the last bit of each line on my pm/s that's the only change I've done so:: back up to huge now does that make any difference for you?
Very strange but no ones mentioned that before. :shock:
03 Jun 2014, 18:22
Yes - I can read you! :heart:
Screenshot_2014-06-03-19-20-26.png
03 Jun 2014, 18:28
Screenshot_2014-06-03-19-24-34.png
But maybe its not user specific - Julianna has a different font in 2 adjacent posts
03 Jun 2014, 18:30
I just logged in on a second page and suddenly I can see the progress charts. Didn't realise how much I looked at them till I couldn't! And my average weekly weight loss as others see it is the same as the incorrect weight to lose number when I look at my tracker home
03 Jun 2014, 20:47
Am finally managing to login after umpteen false starts. The very patient Jason has been extremely helpful , explaining in words of one syllable what to try next . . . . ! Thanks to you , too, Sue.Q for your advice, though I was still experiencing problems despite trying it.

In fact what finally " solved it " for me was the following :
after keying in my email address and password every single time , a box would appear asking me if I wanted to "save" my password , and I always replied NO. Jason suggested
I should say " yes , save password" and that worked !

So now I only type in the first letter of my email address and the whole address appears , ditto my ( hidden) password and - eureka! - I'm logged in . I've no idea how this worked , but have logged in and out several times since ( just in case it was a fluke !!!!) and it seems to be working fine - well , so far !

Thanks Jason and everyone else who's been trying to eradicate the gremlins . . . . . .

Goldilox x
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17 Next
244 posts Page 9 of 17