The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

244 posts Page 10 of 17
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17 Next
Re: Forum Fixes
03 Jun 2014, 22:43
Thanks for the tip @Goldilox But never been asked if I want to save my password just tried again in case
but no!! :shock: Off to bed :?: :doh:
04 Jun 2014, 09:40
Hi @Moogie. I have been trying to send a pm to
WARNING: TOO MUCH INFORMATION!
, but all of my messages are just sitting in my outbox...any idea what I need to do?

Thanks xx
04 Jun 2014, 10:36
@pinchypops It is normal that PMs stay in your outbox until the recipient reads them. If you know that the recipient has been on the forum since you sent the PM then it maybe that there is a bug, but it is more likely that the PMs have simply not been read yet.
Login, tablets and phones
04 Jun 2014, 17:43
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the login tip @golidlox, this does work but is part of the ipad / iphone software, its not something that the Fastday website does, which is why you're not seeing it @sue.q as I think you are using an Android device. So it only works for people who have an ipad / iphone.

We have found a problem with the mobile login that we're fixing and there is a quick work-around. On some devices you have to press the submit button twice to make the login work. So on an ipad, the first time you press the submit button, the keyboard disappears but the login screen still remains. Now press submit again and you should login.

We're hoping to have the fix up tomorrow but wanted to share the work-a-round in the meantime.

Many thanks,
Jason.
04 Jun 2014, 19:54
This is just a small quibble but it is proving quite annoying.
On the old forum format, when I thanked a comment by selecting the thumbs up symbol, the page would woosh away then reconstitute and return to that particular comment. This one doesn't. It sullenly returns to the top of the page only, leaving you to flick down down down and hope to refind the comment.
Any chance of this changing any time soon please, thank you kindly.
Today when I tried to access the forum from my Google Nexus 7 tablet, which had been working until now, I found I was not logged in. Half the screen was filled with a welcoming "before and after cartoon" which made it difficult to read the text. A pop up screen asked me to reset my password unless I already had. I clicked the link saying I already had. But I wasn't logged in and couldn't post.

So I went to the login screen, but when I entered my email address and password, it replied "Sorry! You must login using your email address not your username."

I WAS using my email address.

I then tried resetting my password, using that email address. The link came in the mail, and I reset the PW, but when I attempted to log in, I go the same message.

So here I am on my PC, letting you know. If the PC logs me out, that will probably be the last you hear from me.
05 Jun 2014, 07:16
I'm really missing not being able to access the site through my phone; I didn't really appreciate how much it got me through fast day wobbles when out. I use a blackberry and used to be able to access the site through the BB browser and also opera mini on my phone, now there is no option to login? Any suggestions anyone??
peebles wrote: Today when I tried to access the forum from my Google Nexus 7 tablet, which had been working until now, I found I was not logged in. Half the screen was filled with a welcoming "before and after cartoon" which made it difficult to read the text. A pop up screen asked me to reset my password unless I already had. I clicked the link saying I already had. But I wasn't logged in and couldn't post.

So I went to the login screen, but when I entered my email address and password, it replied "Sorry! You must login using your email address not your username."

I WAS using my email address.

I then tried resetting my password, using that email address. The link came in the mail, and I reset the PW, but when I attempted to log in, I go the same message.

So here I am on my PC, letting you know. If the PC logs me out, that will probably be the last you hear from me.

Hello @Peebles,

Sorry to hear you are still having problems logging into the site. I'd like to see if I can fix this for you. We can't replicate the problem on our Android tab, so I need to see what's happening on your screen to be able to fix things. To do this, could you please try and login again on your tablet and when you get the error message could you please take a screenshot and email this to me at jason@fastday.com.

It's easy to take a screenshot, here's how to do it.

"To take a screenshot on your new Nexus 7, hold in the volume down and the power buttons at the same time. After a brief pause, you'll hear an audible noise and see an animation." You will find more information here. http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/how-to-ta ... e-nexus-7/

Many thanks,
Jason.
05 Jun 2014, 09:12
Hello, I came across the same issue as @peebles yesterday evening on my Kindle - I had been on the forum on and off all day (I usually leave it in View Active Topics and refresh) and when I went back to the Fastday tab it took me to a Forum homepage with the cartoons on, I was logged out and it seemed to be telling me to reset my password. I ignored this and went to the login on the yellow menu. After 2 goes I got in (the first time I couldn't get to the end of typing my email, but I can't swear it wasn't fat fingers). Was fine after that, shut down the tablet, this morning straight into View Active Topics and it had remembered me.
05 Jun 2014, 09:22
@peebles That happens to me loads of times yesterday strangely enough after typing in my password I paused before "touching" submit" works every time now can't believe I'm to fast at my age but who knows.
Don't know if this is any help @fast_jason But still never used my username on new forum/android tablet.
05 Jun 2014, 16:07
Thank you Jason, much better :0)
05 Jun 2014, 16:15
Eventually I got in last night after typing in again the same password I had entered when I redid my password. Strange.
05 Jun 2014, 16:19
Hi Everyone,

We've just released some updates to the login.
We hope this fixes most of your problems.

We've taken out the login as a pop-up. It was just causing too many problems on all the different mobile devices out there. We now have it as a standard web page, so this should solve a lot of the niggles.

As we've re-installed the login, you might see the change your password pop-up again, sorry. If you do, just click I've done this already, and then select login from the main menu.

Please post any issues you have and we will investigate them.

Many thanks,
Jason.
05 Jun 2014, 16:45
Any news on when it will be optimised for viewing on smart phones ?

Thanks

Mary
05 Jun 2014, 17:38
I know this was considered a "minor" issue a couple of weeks ago, to be dealt with after big bugs were, but I have to say that the tiny, very light blue font really does make me avoid the forum. I have to strain to read it with my old (nearly 60 years) eyes.

Also, I'm disappointed that the tracker hasn't improved at all in the new forum. It still says I have .375 pounds to lose, although my goal and my current weight are in it, and I'm about 2 pounds below goal. The wording on tracker home should be "Congratulations, you've reached goal!" or something like that.

And the current line: "You will hit your goal around (based on your current weight loss)" is very poorly worded. For people who haven't hit goal, it should at least be phrased in proper, and simple, English. I would say:

"Based on your current rate of weight loss, you will reach your goal on about [date]."
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17 Next
244 posts Page 10 of 17