The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

244 posts Page 7 of 17
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17 Next
Re: Forum Fixes
29 May 2014, 01:08
Notice that the forum is coming up as a secure page with a https header. That seems unnecessary as we aren't doing any secure transactions on it, and I wonder if that extra layer of security is what is making the forum pages load so infernally slowly.

When I access the forum insecurely with an http header it doesn't remember me and wants me to sign in again. Can this be fixed?
29 May 2014, 06:55
Hi moogie and all,
I think I am having problems sending and replying to PM's. I've sent three in the last 24 hours and they don't show in my sent box, they don't have the grey bars at each end in my message index and I've had no replies to them. The PM's are regarding buddying up and I don't want the person to think I'm ignoring her.
regards,
chinchin
PS: The new forum is great! What a lot of work, thank you.
29 May 2014, 07:16
Just to say that I am still getting the login popup every time I come onto the forum - laptop, chrome. When I click 'I've already done it' the popup box 'jumps' down the screen so I have to click it again to get rid of it.
29 May 2014, 13:03
recovering from eye surgery and stand by my initial comments about font size, style and colour- it's not good...
29 May 2014, 13:09
Jane. I'm also really struggling to read the new fonts. But I notice the font in your post is much smaller than Wildmissus above, viewed in my android.
29 May 2014, 14:44
Minumonline wrote: Jane. I'm also really struggling to read the new fonts. But I notice the font in your post is much smaller than Wildmissus above, viewed in my android.

Well spotted @Minumonline Never noticed that before my font size us fine but I can remember when I first got this android tablet having problems so I sent the font size to "huge " maybe now time for me to notch
It down a little.

:rose: :rose: :rose: Hope recovery us swift for you @janeg
29 May 2014, 15:57
Regarding the https address: on Kindle/Silk I am getting an open padlock with a question mark on it when in a thread or doing a post or reply, but a closed padlock when viewing a list of topics. Guess this means Silk is not happy about security?
29 May 2014, 16:30
I can see my own tracker but still unable to access other progress charts. Also if I view forum statistics it says I am a guest viewer although I am logged in
29 May 2014, 17:33
Am being told that I am not enrolled in the progress tracker system! Clicking "activate" makes no difference.....That said, it took my info OK on Monday when I went in to register my weight...

When I log out, I just get a blank white screen with a few words of programming. In the past, I was returned to the front page....which is much nicer!!

Just a couple of gremlins....many thanks x

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
30 May 2014, 11:01
chinchin wrote: Hi moogie and all,
I think I am having problems sending and replying to PM's. I've sent three in the last 24 hours and they don't show in my sent box, they don't have the grey bars at each end in my message index and I've had no replies to them. The PM's are regarding buddying up and I don't want the person to think I'm ignoring her.
regards,
chinchin
PS: The new forum is great! What a lot of work, thank you.

Hi, cancel the problem I thought I had with my PM's. I don't have a problem, just didn't do it properly. :oops: Chinchin
30 May 2014, 11:17
@moogie and your band of helpers :clover: and thanks still glitchy can't tell how I got onto the forum tonight
30 May 2014, 12:52
I am finding it much harder and slower to log in than with old site. I sign in using my email as I'm not on Facebook - maybe this is the reason? I'm using an iPad.
30 May 2014, 16:39
Still can't get on on my PC, but at least it is working on my tablet, although still very slow.
Who is still missing? I haven't seen debs or nursebean?
30 May 2014, 17:45
brian1 wrote: Still can't get on on my PC, but at least it is working on my tablet, although still very slow.
Who is still missing? I haven't seen debs or nursebean?

They're both on holiday (lucky things)!

The priority for the tech team is to get these pesky logins sorted, but they need your help, people, they need to know what browser (internet explorer firefox, chrome, safari etc), version of browser, and device (PC, phone etc) you are using so they can work out what the issues are with each set up. Please post details in this thread, thanks.
30 May 2014, 17:53
Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on how we're progressing with the forum fixes. Thanks once again to those who've emailed in and to those who've posted on this thread, it really helps us find the bugs and fix them.

This week we've spent quite a bit of time investigating the bugs you've been reporting and working out what needs to be done to fix them. Here's our priority list for next week.

Login
There's still a few problems with the login. It seems to not be responding on iphones in particular. The header is also not showing that people are not logged in when they actually are.

Images
Images that have been uploaded are not showing in some posts. We think this is a synchronisation problem between our servers and we should be able to restore all the images, plus let you upload new ones.

Pop-ups
The pop-ups are coming back intermittently. As with images, we think this is due to synchronisation between our servers and we should be able to fix this.

Older versions of IE
Some of the site features, such as login do not work on IE 9 and below. Unfortunately there is little we can do about this, as the site uses modern HTML and Javascript that isn't supported in IE 9. If you are using IE9, please could you update to a newer version or switch to Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Sorry!

Mobile layout
We know the layout on mobile phones isn't great and we will be doing more work to improve this next week.

Once again, many thanks for your patience while we fix these bugs. The team only works part-time on FastDay, so it has taken us a little longer than we would have liked to investigate the causes of the bugs you've been reporting. However, now we've done this, we're pretty confident we can resolve most of these problems next week. I'll post updates to this topic when we have the fixes live.

Many thanks,
Jason.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17 Next
244 posts Page 7 of 17