The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

158 posts Page 9 of 11
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Will have a look into being able to record 'decimal' pounds to allow for fractions. Have been meaning to but hasn't been top of the list yet.

Caroline - the forum wide stats always include your own data.

It's funny about the height/weight thing I mentioned isn't it? I'm 1.64m and I'd like to be 64kg but have set a slightly nearer goal of 65kg for now, which is still within the healthy BMI :) I hope to end up a bit less than that.
That's odd because when I filter by my characteristics it comes up with 1 member, who presumably must be me, but the data don't match my stats. I wonder if it is something to do with the time on the diet? I should be in the 3-6 month category as I started on 5th November but perhaps the way the tracker calculates the time is not per calendar month?
Hmmm... the tracker doesn't go by calender month but divides the total days by 30 to give a more or less correct number of months. But you've been doing it 93 days so it should be putting you in that group. If you could let me know which filter settings you're selecting (by all means PM them if you prefer) I'll take a look at the dataset behind the scenes and see if I can work out why you're not being included.
carorees wrote: That's odd because when I filter by my characteristics it comes up with 1 member, who presumably must be me, but the data don't match my stats. I wonder if it is something to do with the time on the diet? I should be in the 3-6 month category as I started on 5th November but perhaps the way the tracker calculates the time is not per calendar month?

Just explaining this seeming discrapancy so that people don't think the stats are all wrong...

I don't know why I didn't realise sooner what the answer to Caroline's question was :) Basically, the length of time on the diet was the issue here. The tracker bases this time on the start date provided compared with the last date any progress was logged for that user. This is to ensure that the data doesn't end up scewed if people stop using the tracker - otherwise it might appear they had been on the diet for months/years with relatively little loss. Hope that makes sense :)

Anyway, in this case, although Caroline has technically been doing 5:2 a little over 3 months, due to the way the system averages months out to 30 days rather than calendar months, and the fact that her last data entry was a few days ago, her total time calculates as 2.9 months and therfore doesn't show up in the data she had expected it to. Next time she adds data to the tracker she should find this changes :)

Hope that explains things clearly for anyone who was wondering. It's not a fault in the tracker, just an 'anti data scew' mechanism, if you will!
Excellent, thanks for the explanation Moogie. I'll just have to be patient and wait until next weigh-day!
Great stuff Moogie, very interesting that the younger ones are losing the most and that there seems to be no difference betweeen 5:2 and 4:3 regimes.

Can we have the weight in 0.1 lbs and the body fat in 0.1 % please ?--just to be precise :D
I'm looking at adding 'decimal pounds' when time allows. You should already be able to enter your body fat in decimal percents though :)
How do I show my progress chart?
Have filled it in but it's not showing on my profile!
Sorry, Ignore last post, found it!
Moogie, although I can enter waist with decimal places, and these are saved and used in the waist/height calculation, the waist chart seems to round each value to the nearest whole inch. Is this fixable?
Oops! Sorry about that Dom, hadn't noticed that I'd forgotten to specify decimal places in the rounding. Should be fixed now!
Thanks M that is perfect now. What service!
I aim to please :) I've also just added in those 'more than...' month options for you.
...and another update, to allow the use of 'decimal pounds' - that is to say, you can now enter your loss in terms of points of pounds, eg, 0.5 lbs, 1.3 lbs and so on.

Hopefully I've got it all working right but please do let me know if you encounter any oddities! There's only so much testing I can do. Fingers crossed!
You are so amazing Moogie!
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
158 posts Page 9 of 11