The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

222 posts Page 12 of 15
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next

Which days do you fast?

Sunday
3%
Monday
35%
Tuesday
9%
Wednesday
11%
Thursday
31%
Friday
6%
Saturday
2%
I vary my days most weeks
3%
Total votes : 1657

Re: What days do you fast?
21 Oct 2013, 19:18
This is my first day! I will be fasting mon/Wednesday. I hope to loose 20lbs by Christmas. Can I work out on fast days?
21 Oct 2013, 19:50
Welcome to the forum @LDR! Good luck with your first fast, as for working out on fast days, play it by ear, some struggle especially at the beginning.

As for losing 20 lbs by Christmas, that is highly unlikely, this is not a 'fast' way of losing weight but it is sustainable. The forum average loss is one pound a week, some more some less.
22 Nov 2013, 12:04
Hello everyone, I'm new on this site and I am planning on fasting Saturday and Sunday. I've realised that I am very centered and focused during the week but that all hell breaks loose, and I binge at the weekend. I've fasted before for religious reasons and am hoping that this is the solution to losing those last 10 pounds.
22 Nov 2013, 12:17
Welcome! Everything is here for you. Lots of expertise, support and fun. If you don't mind me saying I think a back to back fast is really hard to do and so you are throwing yourself in at the deep end. If you can manage one during the week and one at the weekend, you will probably feel better. I think there is also research somewhere on this site about better results if you split your days.

Good luck (lovely name BTW!) :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
01 Dec 2013, 01:16
This will be my first day here. I will be starting tonite at 7 and going through to 7 tomorrow. I chose my days because they don't interfere with the weekends where I will have the grand kids. And they are the busiest days of my week where hopefully I will not concentrate to much on my rumbling tummy.
Have a great day . :grin:
01 Dec 2013, 01:42
Hi Maryl, welcome and good luck as you start this Way of Living / Eating :)

Hope you don't mind me saying, but it was not clear to me what you meant by starting at 7 tonight and ending at 7 tomorrow? A fast day normally ends the day after - eg you stop eating 7pm one evening, the next day you consume up to a quarter your normal daily calorie allowance (the TDEE, total daily energy expenditure, which is the amount on average someone of your sex, age, height and activity level would need to eat to maintain current body weight) - which can be divided up however you like thru the day - and then don't eat again until the following day.
Sorry if this is what you meant and I misunderstood. :(
And if you haven't already, do read through all the 5:2 Diet FAQ - linked at the top of the page. There is loads of useful info there.
Best wishes with it all :)
And, out of interest, which days you are actually fasting?
03 Dec 2013, 14:43
I often change my days, that's what I like about 5:2 - it fits around your life, you don't fit around it! I usually try to do Monday and Wednesday, sometimes a Thursday instead of Wed depending on sports matches, not sure I'd be at my most competitive swimming on a fast day !!
06 Dec 2013, 01:00
Hello -
New to the 5:2 mindset and only started two weeks ago. I am finding it easier to get through a fast day if I read a lot of success stories by others to keep myself encouraged. I won't get on a scale for another two weeks because I know the first few lbs. is usually water weight.

I want to fast on Monday/Thursday, but realize some weeks I'll have to change it around, so I'm not worrying. It seems most people love the flexibility of this, so I'm good with that.

I look forward to remaining inspired by all of your stories and blogs and am looking forward to starting one myself. Peace & blessings, mary lynn
04 Jan 2014, 11:22
I think Tuesday and Saturday is fine for fastingdays.I must focus on my work Mondays and Wednesdays. If this does not suit, then I shift to other days, as I gain more experience.
09 Jan 2014, 13:49
I have decided to fast on Tuesday and Thurday. This is so that I can have a little treat on Monday as someone usually bakes something and brings it into the office, often me haha. And I want to have the weekend free of fasting, without consecutive fasting days, so Thursday seemed like a good choice! However, I am thinking about joining body pump (a music lifting class) at the gym on a Tuesday morning so may have to mix it up as last time I did body pump I didn't eat enough protein to repair my muscles and had DOMS for a week :bugeyes: !
23 Jan 2014, 10:52
Thursdays I am often too busy to have lunch (I'm doing small breakfast and larger evening meal), so that was my first choice fast day, and I want to keep the weekend free for any potential wobbles. That leaves either Monday or Tuesday so I can avoid doing consecutive fast days - I usually do Tuesday.
23 Jan 2014, 10:59
Monday and Thursday ........ may change the odd week to Tuesday Thursday
23 Jan 2014, 11:16
Monday because it's back to business day, I can focus on work and it's a very structured day. I choose Weds because it leaves me with Thurs-Fri as backup if things dont work out on Weds. It's all out the window with Holidays and Vacations and that's ok !
27 Jan 2014, 15:01
I fast wednesday, friday and sunday at the moment

flo
27 Jan 2014, 15:10
I am fasting Mondays and Thursdays. MY first fast day sort of happened by accident. I went out without having any breakfast and then got back late so decided to make it my first one. I picked Thursday as I needed two days to recover from the shock. I will change them if I need to though.
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
222 posts Page 12 of 15