The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

222 posts Page 10 of 15
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15 Next

Which days do you fast?

Sunday
3%
Monday
35%
Tuesday
9%
Wednesday
11%
Thursday
31%
Friday
6%
Saturday
2%
I vary my days most weeks
3%
Total votes : 1657

Re: What days do you fast?
01 Aug 2013, 22:14
Monday and Thursday work best for me based on my work schedule. Weekends are impossible.
03 Aug 2013, 07:46
From April till beginning of July I was doing Monday/Wednesday/Friday 4:3) every week, but the last month 5:2, so mondays and fridays now.. :smile:

This WOE is SO flexible :like: . Love it!!!!!

Pia
15 Aug 2013, 21:11
Always do a Monday-get 1 of the days out the way straight away and try to do a Wednesday as tend to do classes Tues and Thurs.

A Saturday or a Sunday are complete non starter for me - too much time to think about food!!
19 Aug 2013, 14:05
Today is my first day and I figured Mondays (since they are terrible anyway) and Thursdays (so I can look forward to Fridays and the weekend!) would be the easiest. So glad they are the most popular days and I definitely don't feel alone now!
20 Aug 2013, 14:46
I just started this week and Monday was a no brainer for me, I like to feel that I have a fresh start every week :cool: I am not that sure about my second fast day but I think Thursday should work for me to spread the 2 days as much as possible without touching the weekends that would be impossible for me :geek:
20 Aug 2013, 20:47
Exactly my idea, Iztla! Monday is obvious, Thursday is logical, Wednesday is a subsitute if I have some celebration or drink on Thursday.
25 Aug 2013, 14:27
We live in Abu Dhabi and our week starts on a Sunday, so Sundays and Wednesday for me :) working quite well, as its either side of the weekend (which is Friday/ Saturday here) x
09 Sep 2013, 10:30
I've found Mondays and Thursdays work best for me so far. I think it's because it gives me at last two days off in between.
13 Sep 2013, 21:34
Hi after reading the book I also chose to do Monday & Thursday's these days seem to fit in well just after weekend and just before a weekend!
14 Sep 2013, 03:02
I almost always fast on Fridays because I lecture at a college 6 hours non-stop followed by a busy office hour. By the time I've prepped for the classes, taught them, visited with students afterward, and gotten home, the day is over and it goes quickly! The other day I have to vary since I'm a freelance performing artist and my schedule is anything but regular.

I find that for me it's a fine line between keeping busy on fast days and needing to be on my game to perform. I have to choose carefully -- no fasting on dress rehearsal or performance days!
14 Sep 2013, 03:09
Welcome to the forum NermieD! Perhaps if you copied your post into a new post in the Introduce Yourself section more would see it and give you a proper greeting?
15 Sep 2013, 15:42
I started off having today as a fast day but guessing my roast was probably over 500cals so am now going to have Tues and Thurs this week, its usually a Thursday and either a Mon or Tues , a Sunday if I have overindulged Fri and Sat and save all my cals for dinner :)
15 Sep 2013, 17:22
I am a complete newbie. Planning to start tomorrow but also like to start the week with a 10k run which I normally do 3 times a week - 4 on a good week. I usually don't feel hungry after a run but am concerned about how hungry I will be if I run in the evening after work. Does anyone have experience of this or an opinion?
15 Sep 2013, 18:25
Not a runner myself @cwalsh but you'll find lots of advice about running and fasting over in the exercise section of the forum. I think some folk find the morning after a fast is the hardest time to do intensive exercise as glycogen stores are low but everyone's different!

Welcome by the way...
15 Sep 2013, 18:49
Thank you carorees for the info. Might run tomorrow evening and perhaps weights on Tuesday. Thanks for the support am feeling nervous about tomorrow.
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15 Next
222 posts Page 10 of 15