The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

222 posts Page 11 of 15
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next

Which days do you fast?

Sunday
3%
Monday
35%
Tuesday
9%
Wednesday
11%
Thursday
31%
Friday
6%
Saturday
2%
I vary my days most weeks
3%
Total votes : 1657

Re: What days do you fast?
15 Sep 2013, 18:53
Thank you @carorees. I am feeling nervous about tomorrow!!
16 Sep 2013, 02:29
Mondays and Thursdays are the ideal days. I might swap a Thursday for a Wednesday though if I'm going out.
Lil :heart:
21 Sep 2013, 11:30
Mondays and Thursdays because the wife chose those days for us.
21 Sep 2013, 11:53
I fast Monday and Friday. Monday is good after a great Sunday lunch and Friday so I can relax over the weekend. Also thinking of doing until evening meal on Wednesdays because by Thursday the cals are creeping up again.
24 Sep 2013, 19:23
I'm in the Monday-Thursday club too :-)

Started the diet with my girlfriend (mutual support etc), she liked Mondays and Thursdays - I didn't argue lol
24 Sep 2013, 19:38
I seem to be one of the few who prefers fasting on two consecutive days. Tuesday and Wednesday for me. And after that: a feed weekend of 5 days!
28 Sep 2013, 08:21
Monday surely and then preferably Wednesday but I may go out and then it's Thursday :oops:
28 Sep 2013, 09:20
Varies. I try to fit it around when I'm not working away.
08 Oct 2013, 10:32
I tend to fast Mondays and Thursdays as they are work days for me. I work in a bakery so it really is for the best that I don't over I dulce on those foods. Plus I am so busy I don't mind a fast. Fasting at home is really hard for me.
08 Oct 2013, 13:18
Hi I've been doing 5.2 for just over 3 wks now, and I always did a Monday and Thursday, and always went the gym on them days, but last Thursday after doing 40 mins cardio I nearly fainted and it took me a good 30 mins to be able to walk without going faint again, so now I don't fast on a gym night as worried it will happen again , :smile:
08 Oct 2013, 13:26
Welcome to the forum Smudge! It can take awhile to get your body used to fasting and exercise. If you take a look in the Getting Sweaty forum you'll find more information on how others approached exercise and fasting. Usually exercise is easier the morning of a fast than later in the day, but your body can adapt. :)
10 Oct 2013, 10:57
Because we're doing 4:3 our fast days are Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday. This works well for us and we enjoy weekend treats on Friday & Saturday as our 'reward'. Hubby and I are doing really well! We're getting too small for our clothes......goodie: but might be a bit expensive! (Hubby is just tightening his belt, but he's going to have to go down a trouser size sooner or later!)
15 Oct 2013, 00:16
Only in my second week, but I think Mondays and Wednesdays are going to work for me. Get it done early. But I am also love that it can be flexible to fit in with my work schedule. :like:
18 Oct 2013, 09:17
Personally prefer to fast on a Monday and Thursday. Not sure why??
18 Oct 2013, 16:13
I work shifts so it varies from week to week. I prefer to fast on a late shift when I'm busy and will be able to eat straight after work, before going to bed soon after.
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
222 posts Page 11 of 15