The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 45 of 134
Previous 1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 134 Next
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
15 Feb 2014, 09:41
carieoates wrote: :confused:

Anyone heard from Gillb. I sent her a pm in late jan, concerned that I hadn't seen her and her daughter being poorly. Haven't heard back. I am very worried. :frown:

I think of her quite a bit as well. I did PM her before Christmas but it was not opened and answered until the day she posted her update about her daughter. I don't think she comes on here at the moment and who could blame her. She did promise to keep us updated which is nice but in some ways I'm dreading seeing her name pop up again, such a tragic situation.

Ballerina x :heart:
15 Feb 2014, 09:44
Pizza?@Loulou51 ?? Pizza?? In the morning?!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
15 Feb 2014, 10:15
What a rough night!!

We have (had) a line of 60ft plus Scots Pines along one boundary, including the tallest tree in the village, until last night...

The tallest tree is now in our garden having taken a chunk of one of our old Cherry trees with it, another is in the field at the back, two more are leaning at 45 deg and the one that fell at Christmas is still lying there.

Unsurprisingly the Tree man is on voicemail
15 Feb 2014, 10:24
I know @nursebean it's shocking isn't it but I really love pizza at any time of the day and due to trying to reduce my carbs haven't had any for ages. Still it's gone now and I'm off for a run, if the wind is with me I might zoom along if it is behind me I'll probably look like I'm standing still.
15 Feb 2014, 10:29
you weigh porridge oats when they are dry, not when its made into something. All you are weighing when its made up is water/milk. Its why I can't understand why dired rice and dried pastat isn't calorie counted in its dried state. Surely some people like their rice/pasta al dente and others like theirs soggy, the calorie count for a cup of each would be different if measured exactly.
15 Feb 2014, 10:33
Ballerina wrote:
carieoates wrote: :confused:

Anyone heard from Gillb. I sent her a pm in late jan, concerned that I hadn't seen her and her daughter being poorly. Haven't heard back. I am very worried. :frown:

I think of her quite a bit as well. I did PM her before Christmas but it was not opened and answered until the day she posted her update about her daughter. I don't think she comes on here at the moment and who could blame her. She did promise to keep us updated which is nice but in some ways I'm dreading seeing her name pop up again, such a tragic situation.

Ballerina x :heart:

Thinking of her as well... It's not a good sign that she's silent for this long, unfortunately :cry: Hope she find the strength to go through this awful time

Late morning everyone,

The shopping list for Monday is done
Just have to clean the appartement today. I wanted to do the windows but with this weather, forget it.

I am looking forward to a better weather to be able to go riding again.... Didn't happen for quite some time and I really miss it
15 Feb 2014, 15:56
Just thawing out and catching up. I got so cold that I couldn't even think straight. I also forgot my lunch, so succumbed to a pork pie, as the was nothing else 'pret a manger'. Even the soup man was missing.
15 Feb 2014, 16:04
Oh dear @SianS that's bad news. Expensive time for some I believe. We just drove down the main road and we had to swerve past a fallen tree. I rang 101 and no one had reported it. Brilliant sunshine out there now.
15 Feb 2014, 16:58
Here's a pic of my neighbours beautiful little kitten having a closer look at our chickens.
@nursebean they didn't blow or fly away! :shock:
image.jpg
15 Feb 2014, 17:29
Oh @Carieoates what a wonderful home your hens have. I expect that kitten was licking its lips wasn't it?,

@SianS that is so sad. I hate it when old trees are felled. Glad they didn't fall on your house, though.

Keep safe everyone...especially you crazies going out for a run...hope the wind is behind you...always!

Bean :heart:
16 Feb 2014, 10:46
EXCITED V EXCITED. We've just ordered a greenhouse. Have gone through 2 of those plastic ones so now we've upgraded to a polycarbonate, aluminium one. So that's what becomes important when you get to 45 yrs of age . Lol :lol:
Mmmm slush fund keeps getting used. But this is an investment right?
16 Feb 2014, 11:07
Yes, @carieoates you wouldn't have thanked anyone for a green house for your 21t birthday!! What size is it? We're going to give ours a good checking over today.
16 Feb 2014, 11:12
Maybe there ought to be a greenhouse thread ... :lol: :shock: :wink: #justsaying
16 Feb 2014, 11:16
There is - it's the gardening one started by @rawkaren
#justsayin'
16 Feb 2014, 11:57
Thanks ladies, I have always tried to grow things, have gone from a teeny weeny three shelf plastic one to a 6x4 zip up one (Mother's Day pressie if I remember right- my choice)
My new greenhouse is cream and 6x4 as that's the base size we've got bricked already. It has an auto opening vent! Woo...It's south facing where it's going. So as long as the chooks don't get in there my seedlings will be safe. I shall be Heading on over to the gardeners tent for advise regarding my shiny new sturdy, non zippy uppy greenhouse which is cream. :geek: :grin:
Previous 1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 134 Next
2009 posts Page 45 of 134