The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

445 posts Page 1 of 30
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30 Next
I'm sitting here in a little corner of Gogledd Cymru (North Wales) in glorious spring sunshine and thinking of the next challenge to bring us all to the summer or winter solstice, depending on where we are in the world.
Yes, only 8 weeks and 3 days till the solstice, 21 June.
Time to set yourself the goal, my friends: 8 weeks, 7lbs.

Both threads now merged; thanks @carorees

Register below (name, current weight) and I'll add your name to the challenge.
7lbs in 8 weeks is DO-ABLE, but you need to work SMART.
By the time the seasons turn on 21 June, you too can be 7lbs, 3.17kg lighter.

It's not a lot to ask, is it, but it's a lot to achieve. Keep us posted weekly on your progress, whether it be weight loss or your own personal target.

Go on, be kind to yourselves and good luck xx

#1 @sue.q
#2 @wendy darling
#3 @cblasz
#4 @brand-ie
#5 @spanner
#6 @azureblue
#7 @ascendingstar
#8 @jem61
#9 @chickvic
#10 @Tuesday
#11 @maryann
#12 @Juliana.rivers
#13 @langstane
#14 @riel
#15 @sassy1
#16 @annurca
#17 @amber
#18 @judithn
#19 @nursebean??
#20 @lizbean
#21 @peebles
#22 @dragonsheart
#23 @auriga
#24 @isis
#25 @motherof2
#26 @daffodil
#27 @madcatlady
#28 @clairemarie
#29 @susbut65
#30 @carieoates
#31 @silverdarling
#32 @pamie
#33 @corinthium
#34 @woca
#35 @westlondonchick
#36 @scubachick
#37 @lesley54
#38 @mrstee
#39 @piper
#40 @hazelnut20
#41 @hilaryjane
#42 @loulou51
#43 @maryannemcconnell
#44 @prunella
#45 @little boo
#46 @juliewil10
#47 @mich37
#48 @niamo
#49 @maggiee
#50 @icefast
#51 @milly107
#52 @daydreamer21
#53 @katharina
#54 @fredi
#55 @stowgateresident
#56 @danalea73
#57 @patchworkperson
#58 @Effie
Looking forward to it! Hope to have more success than I did with the Easter challenge! Thanks!!
Oh thanks Penny. I was a bit worried not having something to aim for. What is the end date if the challenge? Hmm I've got a two-week holiday, so it's gonna be tricky. I'll get back to you.

Bean :starving: :confused:
@nursebean - end date of challenge - solstice :wink: ie midsummer day, 21 June !!!!!
So just under 10 weeks ...
Thanks Penny. Think I'll set my goal this Friday when I have an idea what my real post easter weekend weight is. I'll also scale down my expectations for the next part of the journey, as the loss will be slower. Trying to be realistic here.
Thanks SD I will note that in my diary...and work out a goal weight (which so far I have failed every time!)

Fourth time lucky perhaps?

Bean :bugeyes:
Right, ok, I've thought about it.

My goal will be 10:7

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :confused: :confused: :curse: :dazed:
Count me in please Penny...Have gone off the rails in the last two weeks...will see what the scales say tomorrow morning...and then work out my goal for the challenge.
nursebean wrote: Right, ok, I've thought about it.

My goal will be 10:7

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :confused: :confused: :curse: :dazed:

Wow that was quick, well done for being first out of the starting gate @nursebean :like:
Count me in for the Solstice challenge @PennyForthem.
My mid summer target is to weigh 93kgs, got a holiday before then so could be another failed event
nevertheless need a goal and that is it :clover: :clover: :clover:
I'll be taking a week off for our vacation, so I'll aim to lose the last 3 lbs that will get me to my goal at 143 lbs. But I'll be happy to see anything lower than today's 145.8.
Count me in please @PennyForthem! not done a challenge before, so hoping i can get into the spirit of it and see how well I do, not sure on what my goal will be yet, not to mad though, maybe say, to get to 12 stone....actually....yeah that will be my goal, to hit 12 stone at last!! :D
I'd like to be in too @PennyForthem as I didn't make my Easter challenge, so 55k target for me please.
Hi @PennyForthem I would like to try another challenge ( Christmas :like: Valentine's :unlike: Easter :like: ) so would like to lose 5 pounds by June 21 (summer solstice for me) so include me in whenever you get back to your laptop and set this up. Thanks again for doing this :heart:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30 Next
445 posts Page 1 of 30